- Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Looking into the forum errors

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 21, 2018, 03:02:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

24 Jan 2018 - an update from TRU USA

To Our Valued Customers,

I want to take a moment to thank you for your continued support of Toys"R"Us. As you may be aware, we launched a financial restructuring of our business last fall. As we begin the new year, I want to provide an update on our progress to date, as well as our plans for the future.

Our primary focus is on reimagining our business with you in mind. We want to make it easier for you to shop with us, whether online or in our stores. This past season, we were successful in accomplishing this objective for millions of customers. However, there were also far too many transactions where this wasn't the case – due to our operational missteps. As the leader of this company, I want you to know that we can and will address the gaps in the experience that you may have had when shopping this holiday. My team is already hard at work to make the improvements necessary to ensure that we have the products you want, when, where and how you want
ToyCon’s February 18th show will feature some unique vendors, exhibitors, artists and cosplayers from the GTA and beyond!
The Canadian ToyCon is a monthly convention that focuses on action figures, comics, collectibles, toys, figurines, dolls, artwork and more from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and today. Vendors, exhibitors and artists offer a wide variety of merchandise, including items in mint condition and hard-to-find collectibles. Each convention has its own theme, cosplayers and special guests.

Sunday February 18, 2018
10am to 3pm
Admission: $5.00, Under 12 No Charge

Holiday Inn Burlington
3063 South Service Road
Burlington, Ontario
L7N 3E9
Article from The Star today:

There's a lot of things to discuss here, but this comment struck a chord:

“Star Wars is a force to be reckoned with in the toy industry,” the brand’s owner, Walt Disney Co., said in a statement. “It remains the leading film-driven property for the entire year."

This quote seems to be a defense quote from the Mouse House justifying the amount of money they charged Hasbro et all for toy licenses.

I'm putting my bet on right now - when that license comes up for renewal in 2020, they won't get 1/10th the offer of what they got the last time from Hasbro.

15 Jan 2018 - Sideshow

While I know we have a section for Sideshow producets if this could be left here and then moved later it would be appreciated.  So I was just on Sideshows webpage and noticed that things were listed in CDN dollars. I thought that  it was a little strange. So, I went onto live chat with them and found out that not only is it true, but it is also going to be a permanent thing.  You will also be able to pay in CDN funds or have the option of switching to US funds
Just found a show on Netflix last night called The Toys That Made Us.  4 Episodes I believe and the history of the toys that kids grew up on.  The first focusing on Star Wars. All the major brands turning down the movie rights till Kenner picked it up through to the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney and the new movies.

Some great interviews with the guys who designed the vintage SW lines of toys.

But not George....
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my Snowtrooper buddies. 

I hope you all have a fantastic holiday with your family & friends.

Yours friend always,

Canadian Jedi  :artoo:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

• Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
  • Total Posts: 169652
  • Total Topics: 14384
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 28 queries.