Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Canadian ToyCon: Sunday, January 21st, 2018 10am-3pm Holiday Inn Burlington ON

ToyCon’s January 21st show will feature some unique vendors, exhibitors, artists and cosplayers from the GTA and beyond!
The Canadian ToyCon is a monthly convention that focuses on action figures, comics, collectibles, toys, figurines, dolls, artwork and more from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and today. Vendors, exhibitors and artists offer a wide variety of merchandise, including items in mint condition and hard-to-find collectibles. Each convention has its own theme, cosplayers and special guests.

Sunday January 21st, 2018
10am to 3pm
Admission: $5.00, Under 12 No Charge

Holiday Inn Burlington
3063 South Service Road
Burlington, Ontario
L7N 3E9

Read More

Star wars Toys Sales down

Article from The Star today:

https://www.thestar.com/business/2018/01/18/star-wars-toy-sales-fall-as-movie-tie-in-fatigue-sets-in.html

There's a lot of things to discuss here, but this comment struck a chord:

“Star Wars is a force to be reckoned with in the toy industry,” the brand’s owner, Walt Disney Co., said in a statement. “It remains the leading film-driven property for the entire year."

This quote seems to be a defense quote from the Mouse House justifying the amount of money they charged Hasbro et all for toy licenses.

I'm putting my bet on right now - when that license comes up for renewal in 2020, they won't get 1/10th the offer of what they got the last time from Hasbro.

Read More

Sideshow

While I know we have a section for Sideshow producets if this could be left here and then moved later it would be appreciated.  So I was just on Sideshows webpage and noticed that things were listed in CDN dollars. I thought that  it was a little strange. So, I went onto live chat with them and found out that not only is it true, but it is also going to be a permanent thing.  You will also be able to pay in CDN funds or have the option of switching to US funds

Read More

Netflix-The Toys That Made Us

Just found a show on Netflix last night called The Toys That Made Us.  4 Episodes I believe and the history of the toys that kids grew up on.  The first focusing on Star Wars. All the major brands turning down the movie rights till Kenner picked it up through to the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney and the new movies.

Some great interviews with the guys who designed the vintage SW lines of toys.

But not George....

Read More

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my Snowtrooper buddies. 

I hope you all have a fantastic holiday with your family & friends.

Yours friend always,

Canadian Jedi  :artoo:

Read More

Annual Canadian Tire pre-Christmas Sale

Just bought the 3,75'' Force Link Emperor/Luke/ERG at Canadian Tire for 17,49$ instead of 34,99$. I also saw a lot of Baze Malbus/Stormtrooper pack for 9,99$ instead of 19,99$. They also have the 6-inch 5POA figures and Forces of Destiny dolls for sales.

Read More

Navigation

[0] Forum

Go to full version