Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 10:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New force f/x lightsabers  (Read 1552 times)

Brent Peconi

• Founding Member of the "Imperial Chatters"
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Setting Sail in Galaxies Far Far Away....
    • View Profile
New force f/x lightsabers
« on: August 26, 2003, 09:34:32 PM »

Wondering about the quality of the new sabers. Are they able to stand up for some usage (aka acting like fools with fellow sw fans) or are they likely to break. Im asking as i want to buy a luke skywalker one for my desk and to use , a bit ;) Anyone maybe who owns a anakin force f/x have good luck with it.
Would like to know
Proud Member of the Southern Ontario Crew

Captain_Jack

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
Re:New force f/x lightsabers
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 04:48:58 PM »

Last Christmas I bought the Anakin F/X saber through an American dealer. At first I wasn't sure what to expect, but when I pulled it out of the box and held the metal hilt in my hands, it blew me away. And that was before I even put batteries in. With the batteries in place I flicked the ignition switch. The glowing blade looks very cool, pics an video on the net don't really do it justice. The sound effects are pretty cool as well, the best part has to be when you move the saber around it makes the classic Light saber Swooshing sounds. The volume on the speaker is a bit to quite for my liking, but over all its pretty nice.

But there is a dark side to the F/X sabers. I still don't like the fact that you can't remove the blade, and when it's displayed you have this great looking hilt with a white tube sticking out of it.

As for your question about "using it"(I guess you mean swinging it around and maybe dueling a bit  ;)), it is totally not made for it. The blade in my saber is unfortunately loose, very loose. It wobbles when every you pick up the saber. And the sad thing is that I have never actually fought with it. It became loose one afternoon when my friend was twirling it around the way Anakin does in EP2 when they are surrounded by the droids in the Arena. He wasn't spinning it around very hard or fast in my opinion but the blade still became pretty loose.

The F/X sabers are great wall hangers but that is about it. Which really sucks because with the release of Vader's and ROTJ Luke's, you just want to duel with them especially since the sabers make a clashing sound when you hit them against something.

Although the blade in my Anakin saber is loose, I still love the look and feel of  it, and I am also very tempted to pick up the new Luke Saber.

Hope this info helps.  ;D

-Josh

« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 05:01:13 PM by Captain_Jack »

Brent Peconi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 08:31:16 PM »

Well captain jack sparrow( fav film of summer) this indeed has been informative! So what your saying is no fights eh? Im cool but every once in awhile i think i will bring it put if i get one, which now is a definitive yes! Thanks for the respond man.

Captain_Jack

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 03:05:10 PM »

No Prob, hope you enjoy your new Light Saber!

Brent Peconi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 01:34:49 PM »

i will man thanks again, maybe well duel sometime  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169064
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 62
Total: 63

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 38 queries.