Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2018, 07:55:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

26 Guests, 3 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Utaupan warrior  (Read 683 times)

Preview Coldwater

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
  • "I pledge myself to your teachings"
    • View Profile
Utaupan warrior
« on: September 09, 2005, 03:40:33 AM »

For my first review ever, I shall review the Utapaun Warrior

sculp-I am very pleased with this figure's detailing, The figure is moslly red with silver/grey accents on his boots, belt and helmet. Take his hemlet off and you get well textured bald alien head. 

Accessories-this guy comes with a helmet, as mentioned above, a shield and a staff looking weapon. The hemlet is very nicely done with all the greay accents and perfect paint job.

Articulation-ball neck, swivel shoulder, swivel elbow, wrists, waist, legs and ball jointed feet. His legs and feet look a little odd to me, it's probably just the way they're postitioned.

What else can i mention....his shoulder pads don't move with the arms so getting some poses could be a challenge. Then again, who's gonna pose him with his arns in the air? And the "flaps" on his lower tunic, I didn't expect to see those molded so well. Each fold has it's own little pattern. Simple minds...(insert quote here)

There you have it, .03 opinion.
Astromechs I own: R2-A6, R2-C4, R2-Q2, R2-X2, R2-D2, R2-Q5, R3-A1, R3- T2, R3-T6, R3 Y2, R3-T7, R4-A22, R4-E11, R4-G9, R4-K5, R4-M9, R4-P17, R5-D4 and R5-J2, for a grand total of 19.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Utaupan warrior
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 01:06:37 PM »

I bought 3 of these guys to display on my ROTS shelf, flanking Tion Medon. My first impression was that the carded figure looked fantastic, I couldn't wait to get them open.

Upon opening them, however, I was having mixed feelings.

GOOD STUFF: Overall appearance of the figures, quality of plastic used on both the figure and accessories, paint details (neat and tidy, no sloppiness on any of mine - though I did leave a sloppy one on the pegs), includes a display base.

BAD STUFF: He's too short. Beside the Clonetroopers, these guys look like shrimps. From reading the novel, I got the impression that the Utapauans of this description were quite tall, taller than humans. Not the case on my shelf. If the knees had been "straightenable", perhaps this figure could have achieved a height that would have made more sense.

All in all, it's a definite "buy". I'll give him 7.5/10.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170177
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 26
Total: 29

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 38 queries.