Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 10:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upcoming Star Wars novels  (Read 9572 times)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Star Wars novels
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 02:21:07 PM »

What?! How did I miss this one? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-wing:_Mercy_Kill
I gotta pay more attention to your updates brianakarobin! Man I wish that SFBC was still in Canada.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »

Yeah, I have it preordered from Chapters.ca.  I can't wait.  I loved the X-wing books (both Rogue and Wraith squadron ones) and always enjoy Allston's  sense of humor.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 06:47:09 AM »

Just saw on Chapters that the "Essential Reader's Companion" comes out October 2.  I am looking forward to that one.  Mercy Kill comes out in 2 weeks.  I can't wait! :)`

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 01:12:59 PM »

After the Del Rey forum, I have updated the first post with upcoming titles.  Also, for some other news, they announced "Star Wars Reads Day" which will be October 6th.  It is a combined effort among all of the publishing licensees of Lucasfilm - Del Rey, Dark Horse, Scholastic, DK, etc.  Unfortunately, it sounded as if it may be US only.  Stores will have all kinds of things - giveaways and such.

They also said that Scoundrels is "Tim's best book yet" (that said by Shelly Shapiro of Del Rey, their longtime editor).  They also announced an ebook tie-in by Tim Zahn called "Winner Lose All" - the title is brand new - they just whispered it to the Lucasfilm editor (forget her name right now...) for approval on the spot!  They also mentioned that Scoundrels is like a "Solo's Eleven" (like Ocean's Eleven).

Crucible was really talked up.  They said it will be an epic adventure for Han, Luke, and Leia after Fate of the Jedi.  Troy Denning mentioned, "It starts in a cantina, and Han shoots first!"

As mentioned, there will be what sounds like a great new series between ANH and ESB - called Rebels.  The first story will focus on Leia, but includes all of the main 3 characters.  The second one focuses on Luke.  It will be ongoing (unsure how long).

Another big announcement was the "Sword of the Jedi" series, which will obviously feature Jaina Solo.  It will be a 3 book series by Christie Golden.

They also announced that there are no plans to kill off Han, Luke, or Leia anytime soon!

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2014, 01:11:38 PM »

First update on here in a while.  I added some upcoming books, but included A New Dawn, as it is quite recent (and because I don't have it yet!)

Post some comments on your favourite books - lets see if we can get some action going here again!

cash_fan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Tell that to Kanjiklub
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 11:40:35 PM »

I just ordered Thrawn and Aftermath (the first one) from Chapters for about $22 each.  I would have just got Thrawn when I was in their store but it was $30, I look on their website and it was $22 but they don't match their own website??  What kind of crazy world is this??
Cash fan, as in Johnny Cash

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »

I just ordered Thrawn and Aftermath (the first one) from Chapters for about $22 each.  I would have just got Thrawn when I was in their store but it was $30, I look on their website and it was $22 but they don't match their own website??  What kind of crazy world is this??
I know, right? Buy it in store, and pay more than online - and they throw in free shipping much of the time?! It doesn't make sense to me. I love book stores, but I hardly ever go as I buy everything online, as it is cheaper than in the brick and mortar stores.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169084
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 50
Total: 53

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 39 queries.