Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 04:23:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Novel Timeline  (Read 16148 times)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Novel Timeline
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 04:29:17 AM »

Wow, I got two plot summaries up within a week - after going several months with none!  That's what a vacation will do for you, I guess! :)`

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »

That's OK, I STILL haven't found the right time to get to the comics summaries.
BTW, I just got Darth Plagueis and Apocalypse (as well as Scourge and Shadow Games). Looking forward to reading all of these!

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 09:23:59 PM »

I have read all but scourge - which I am about 1/4 through now.  I just finished Shadow games, and am just about to add it to the timeline, as well.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 03:42:59 PM »

OK, got some more stuff up, including more plot summaries (including Heir to the Empire, as I bought and reread the 20th anniversary edition).  Looking through, though, it looks like I have 52 plot summaries done with over 220 books, so that is less than 25%!  The time I have put into ti, it seems like ti should be more than 52, but I guess not...

Anyway, seeing that we have 75% more to write reviews for, if anyone wants to right one or 10, feel free!  I can add them in, if you send the summary to me.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »

Finally got two more up today, so I am up to date on the timeline, and most of the new books have plot summaries, as well (including the two I added today, Red Harvest and Old republic: Revan).  Next up will be X:Wing Mercy Kill.  I can't wait.  I loved the Wraith Squadron books!

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »

Just updated the timeline - I think it is completely up to date.  I added Dawn of the Jedi: into the Void, Lost Tribe of the Sith, Old Republic: Annihilation, Darth Maul: Lockdown, Kenobi, The Last Jedi, Winner Lose All, Empire and Rebellion: Razorís Edge, and Crucible.  So far, I have only read Lost Tribe of the Sith, Old Republic: Annihilation, The Last Jedi, and Winner Lose All.  I am really behind these days!

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2014, 03:54:06 PM »

So, I noticed it had cut off the last few books, so it seems there is a character limit to the posts.  As such, I removed author names to have enough characters to have all of the books.  The author names will appear in the thread on the novel itself, so just click on the link for the novel in the timeline to see who the author is.

Also, I have now color-coded the timeline.  Regular novels are blue, young adult books are red, short story anthologies are white, e-books are green, and the novelizations of the films are yellow.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2014, 10:37:25 PM »

Also, I have now color-coded the timeline.  Regular novels are blue, young adult books are red, short story anthologies are white, e-books are green, and the novelizations of the films are yellow.

Great idea! But one suggestion - perhaps change it from white to black, and yellow to something else (purple?). I can't see the white, and the yellow is very hard to see. I'm not sure if it's just my background settings, but I'm betting most people will have that problem.

Man, I really need to find the time to update the comics timeline. I'll either have to quit my job or take an extended leave to get around to all the things that have been slipping lately. We got busy at work about a year and a half ago (of course right at the time my 2nd kid was born) and I have barely time for anything anymore. It's better to be busy than have no work, but it's starting to get old real fast now! With the comics license moving to Marvel this will be a good time to get everything updated and perhaps start a new timeline for the post-mortem-EU material. IF Lucasfilm ever compiles a definitive list of what's canon & what's non-canon. I've decided for myself, once they figure that out, I'll just label the "non-canon" stuff as "Infinities", kind of like the "Elseworlds" label for Batman, etc.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2014, 07:44:21 PM »

Great suggestions!  I have implemented them, although I used orange rather than purple, as I am color blind and can't tell purple from blue very easily :speechless-smiley-004:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:01:08 PM by brianakarobin »

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2014, 02:58:51 PM »

An update done on the timeline, with another summary done (Maul: Lockdown).  Rate the books and post your comments!

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 04:35:43 PM »

You are shaming me, brianakarobin!

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »

I still have like a million summaries to do - at least, it feels like it! :(

Not sure what I'm going to do now, with the "legends" status versus the new books, which will be cannon.  Separate time line, not include them at all, or mash them all together? :crazy:

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 11:10:01 PM »

For the comics, I am thinking of doing separate timelines - Pre-Disney and Post-Disney, or whatever. Some entries can appear on both timelines, for instance the adaptations of the PT and OT, and whatever else they decide is canon from Dark Horse (likely nothing). I've resigned myself to the fact that they will need to be treated like 2 separate universes.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2014, 07:06:04 AM »

For the comics, I am thinking of doing separate timelines - Pre-Disney and Post-Disney, or whatever. Some entries can appear on both timelines, for instance the adaptations of the PT and OT, and whatever else they decide is canon from Dark Horse (likely nothing). I've resigned myself to the fact that they will need to be treated like 2 separate universes.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's where I am headed, as well.  Unexpected this is, and unfortunate :P
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169079
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 38 queries.