Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 01:02:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DC Universe 3 3/4" figures  (Read 1100 times)

obi_wan_canuck

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Now I am the Master.
    • View Profile
DC Universe 3 3/4" figures
« on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:40 PM »

I picked up three DC Universe figures tonight, and since it seems I'm the first one to do so, I'll drop in a review (if this is not a new topic, admins, feel free to boot this to wherever it needs to go).

I picked up Superman, Joker and Dr. Fate.  I have to admit... I've wanted a Superman figure of this scale ever since I gave away/ sold the one I had eons ago.  The articulation ain't bad (I'll forego the technical terms since I may screw it up), and the likenesses are okay.  I'm actually NOT a huge DC or Marvel Universe fan so my opinions may be less... opinionated  :) (kidding guys).  The articulation strikes me as a combination of SW and Joe figure articulation (they seem less articulated than their Marvel cousins, whose articulation, particularly in the waist area, in that of the current Joe line... which to me says it sucks).

I commented over in the Marvel line thread that it seems interesting that these two lines seem to have appeared at the same time.  Did Hasbro buy Mattel and that's the reason for it?  Or did they just spy on each other and plan it this way?  Idle and pendantic speculation, I know.

I shudder to think that Mattel might get the bright idea to revive other lines... like say Captain Power.  Maybe if they did, the articulation would at least be less pathetic... maybe...
Live as though you were to die tomorrow.  Learn as though you were to live forever. - Gandhi

Massacre Mike

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Beep booop
    • View Profile
    • The Mental Kavity
Re: DC Universe 3 3/4" figures
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:54:50 PM »

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing in regards to the timing of these two very similar lines of figures; one Marvel based and one DC based. It' rather curious indeed. Your right about the articulation. I bought and opened the Green Arrow figure from the DC line as he's a fave character of mine and I thought his design and likeness at this 3 3/4 inch scale was the best of the bunch. The articulation is little better than a vintage Star Wars figure however. But, nonetheless, it looks pretty nice.

Over to the Marvel line. I bought each of the figure that have thus far appeared in and around the Toronto area. I haven't opened them yet, but they look to have similar problems as the DC line - not great articualation and some of the likenesses are a tad dubious, ie - The Punisher. I think I've decided that I'll return all of the Marvel figures save the two versions of Iron Man, Wolverine and the Silver Surfer - all because they are each fave characters of mine and in my opinion, look to be the best of the bunch - although the colouring of Wolverine's costume is an odd choice. It would appear they are going with the new black and silver with red eyes colour scheme that Wolvie is sporting in the current X-Force comic book. Unfortunate. I think they should have gone with the classic brown and orange gear. Oh well.
Visit my blog for all sorts of exciting genre-related content... and of course... STAR WARS.

http://thementalkavity.blogspot.com/

haggisking

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Not just the president but also a client!
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe 3 3/4" figures
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 09:58:29 PM »

Found the DC series at Zellers for the first time around here.  I almost bought the Joker figure but decided to leave it for someone who would appreciate it more.  They were charging $8.99 for the single figures.  Zellers also had the first 3-packs that I've seen here in Canada.  They were selling for $19.99.  I bought the Flash/Weather Wizard/Mirror Master pack even though I am cheesed off that they simply switched out the Wally West Flash from an earlier 3-pack, which I already own, for the old school-style Flash.
They're COLLECTIBLES.  They don't become TOYS until you take them out of the package.

NO exclusives please - we're Canadian!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169097
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 59
Total: 61

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 39 queries.