Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 01:03:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

22 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Marvel Legends thread  (Read 65721 times)

Kitchener

• <A++Trader> Dark
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rock Bottom!
    • View Profile
Re:Marvel Legends Series 6-7-8 + sets
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2004, 03:32:19 PM »

wut kind of LOTR??????
First ever Survivor Champ!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2004, 06:35:34 PM »

More Spidey villains is very good news. I wonder of the Sinister 6 pack will include the same figures as the ones they're releasing as singles?

Not enough villains in the Marvel Legends assortments. Very disappointing. Im not a completist with these, so I'm really looking forward to a few - Dr. Strange should make a beautiful figure in this line, same with Ultimate Cap.

brew

• Sports fiend
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • jersey man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2004, 01:05:46 AM »

here's the entire list of Marvel F characters

Fabian Cortez Ferro Forge
  Facade Ferro II Forrester, Lee
  Factor Three Fever Pitch Foxbat
  Fader Fifolet Frankie Raye
  Fafnir Fiona Franklin Richards
  in Fireballs Friends of Humanity
  Falcon Firebird Frenzy
  Famine I Fire-Eater Frey (Asgardians)  
  Famine II Firefight Friedlander, Sharon
  Fandral Firefist (Collins, Rusty) Frigga (Asgardians)  
  Fang I Firelord Frisco
  Fang II Firestar Frog-Man
  Fang III Fist Frost, Adrienne
  Fang IV Fixx Frost, Cordelia
  Fang V Fiz Frost, Emma
  Fantastic Four Flambe Fugue
  Fatale Flashback Fury, Nick
  Feedback Flashfire Fu'se
  Fenris Flash Thompson Fusion
  Fenris Wolf Flex (Alpha Flight)  
  Feral Flinch  
  Fern Foe-Dog  
  Feron Fontanelle  
  Ferret Forearm

http://comicscentral.tripod.com/marvel_list_f.htm

richkulach

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Geologist, now not-in-training
    • View Profile
ML DoomBot Question
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2004, 02:37:55 AM »

OK, I guess this is mainly for guys who have found this fig, or just a fan of the series, but I have a question for you.

I have been very fortunate and have found 2 DoomBots in the last 3 days here, but they are diffferent from each other.   :-*

The first one I found is on a trilogo card, and is from asst# 40035, has the gold poster background, and the has a dull/flat dark green cape.

The second is also trilogo, asst# 70150, has the comic instead of the poster, and the thing that gets me, is he has a glossy darker green/black cape.

I am just wondering if these are a significant difference, or just dumb luck.  I was thinking of selling one on eBay, but a buddy from work wants one, so he is getting one for cheap, just don't know which one to give him.  I am leaning towards keeping the one with the comic, just cuz it matches my Yellow Daredevil,  :-X but thats it so far.

Any info would be great guys.  Thanks.

Rich
richkulach@hotmail.com

Regina, Saskatchewan

Morgbug

• <A+++ Trader> Grumpy
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • grumpy and old
    • View Profile
Re:ML DoomBot Question
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2004, 03:53:26 PM »

LOL, I found both of those versions last week Rich.  Good old Zellers neglected to mark down which series they wanted, so it looks like the wearhouse unloaded all the series 2 on them.  That ought to kill the line at Zellers.  Worse, they'll never know why.  It was ML5 that sold out in days, now each store around here has 20 Thing, 15 Namor and a smattering of Torch and Doom, who always sells.  

Value wise, the comic is the better of the two.  I sold mine for $40 US :o  I kept the poster version, because it really didn't matter to me which I had, so long as I had it.  Now if only I could find a no mask wolvie ;)

BTW, my loose, regular Doom has the flat green cape.

Any more yellow DDs out that way ;)
what?  I'm cranky.

brew

• Sports fiend
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • jersey man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2004, 04:07:03 PM »

*makes notes* doombot with comic, got it

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2004, 01:46:45 AM »

Good luck, Brew, I've flipped more pegs of Thing and Torch looking for that bloody Doombot. Doom sells well enough, but that Doombot wasn't even one per case. I can't believe Ghost Rider doesn't sit on the pegs, talk about a lame character.......  ::)

sleepycal

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Me like video games - old ones.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2004, 10:19:46 AM »

Ghost Rider was a very cool or hot character in the 90's.

But things change, and he doesn't have as much draw anymore.  He doesn't sit at the pegs since he is in slightly lesser quantities than Wolverine and Daredevil, and still looks cool.

Doombot?  Are more of these showing up?  I picked one up way back when Zellers first received ML2 - probably before last summer.  Wouldn't mind a comic version...
Got vintage console games that you don't want?  Trade them to me!

Morgbug

• <A+++ Trader> Grumpy
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • grumpy and old
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2004, 12:36:11 PM »

Yup, lots more ML II.  I think they just weren't careful enough marking the order form.  Oops.  Few cases of ML V sold like hotcakes, they re-ordered.   ???
what?  I'm cranky.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2004, 01:19:09 PM »

Not in my recollection, but I guess we all like different stuff. His series' have failed at least 3 times, the latest of which was a lukewarm 6 issue limited series under the Marvel Knights banner pencilled by Trent Kaniuga. Even with all that going for it - it still sucked. The only half interesting thing about this character is the design. Of all my beloved Marvel's creations, ManThing and Ghost Rider are the most inept.... I can't believe they warranted their own books at any point. God awful.

sleepycal

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Me like video games - old ones.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2004, 08:56:56 PM »

Not in my recollection, but I guess we all like different stuff. His series' have failed at least 3 times, the latest of which was a lukewarm 6 issue limited series under the Marvel Knights banner pencilled by Trent Kaniuga. Even with all that going for it - it still sucked. The only half interesting thing about this character is the design. Of all my beloved Marvel's creations, ManThing and Ghost Rider are the most inept.... I can't believe they warranted their own books at any point. God awful.

Totally wrong.

Ghost Rider's second series (the first being the one in the late 70's) started off very well.  Top of the chart stuff.   Not that I buy into anything that Wizard magazine says, but he made the top 10 character lists in the early going.

I couldn't wait for the next issues to come out.  Great mood and atmosphere - coloured panels on black paper rather than white.   Lasted this way for about first 15-20 issues.  Then started to fall apart.  Had some talented artists on there for a while, but couldn't quite recapture the initial feel of those early books.  Great character design, good sense of mystery and drama.  Excellent.

Don't believe me?  Grab the first 10 issues or so.  They are probably pretty cheap right now.  And see for yourself. I don't know what is up with GR these days, but those early days of the flaming skull and motorcycle were just grand.
Got vintage console games that you don't want?  Trade them to me!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Marvel Figures - Any Chase finds?
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2004, 01:45:34 PM »

Every time I see a new case of MLIV at WalMart (which has been very often over the past few months) or Zellers (which got IV and V at the same time, along with a bunch more from series II) I flip through them looking for Goliath, Red Skull or the Doombot. I've never seen them here, and I'm quite certain I'm getting there right when the figures are hitting the floor.

I've managed to find all the Spider-Man villains, but so far have passed on Morbius, Kraven and Carnage numerous times. I've never seen the single carded Daredevil from the Kraven run, however. Has anyone else?

Has anyone found any of the chase figures at retail up here? Just checking to see if my searching is at all worth the time. If we're not getting them, I won't bother.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2004, 01:51:32 PM »

Different strokes, I guess. I've always shunned the "horror"-ish side of Marvel (Son of Satan, GR, Man-Thing, even Dr. Strange though that was a little closer to the Superhero genre), never really appealed to me. I honestly can't recall a time where anyone I ever knew throughout my collecting bought this title, or even spoke about in a positive manner - which is what I based my statement on. I remember us (my brother and I, and 3 collecting friends back in grade school) groaning when Spidey was teamed up with GR one month, and then Man-Thing either the next or shortly thereafter.

Brantford. On.

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Collecting is infinite!
    • View Profile
    • millionaireplayboy.com
Re:Marvel Figures - Any Chase finds?
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2004, 03:45:48 PM »

I saw a Golith at my Wal-Mart here in Brantford once, but I didn't buy it because I didn't know that it was worth $60.00!!! at the time. I also don't collect the line, except the odd figure, and Golith isn't exactly one of my favorite super heros. Oh well what can you do.

My Wally World also had a bunch of Magneto's I thought he was hard to find aswell. If I see one again I'll definitly pick him up, and I'll sell him to one of you guys for a decent price. What other figures are rare in the line?

doombot
Magneto
Golith...  Those I already know.

Morgbug

• <A+++ Trader> Grumpy
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • grumpy and old
    • View Profile
Re:Marvel Figures - Any Chase finds?
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2004, 05:13:48 PM »

Nooooooooooo, Magneto is common as dirt.  Don't waste your gas on that figure.  The chase figures thus far from Marvel Legends have been:

I - Gold Ironman
II - Doombot
III - maskless Wolverine
IV -  Goliath
V -  Red Skull

There have been rumours that other figures are 'short-packed'.  This is true in the sense that there may only be one per case, as with Elektra.  Early US cases were short on Blade but they are now three per case.  

To answer jj's question, yes, I have found chase up here.  I've not heard of anyone in Canada finding Red Skull or Goliath, but Doombot's have been plentiful in a manner of speaking.  I managed to find a couple as did richkulach in Regina.  Sadly, that meant both Winnipeg and Regina restocked with ML II rather than getting in more ML IV and V.  You cannot begin to imagine how many Thing, Human Torch and Namor figures are lying around in Winnipeg.  It's fairly obscene.  

I cannot say that Goliath hasn't been found, my timing isn't good for Walmarts.  They tend to stock overnight and the hot wheels guys tend to pick them up shortly after 7 am.  We've seen hardly any series V.  No mask wolverine being the rarest of them all.  

That said, Toybiz is randomly packing in old chase pieces into the ML VI cases.  I'm hoping we skip ahead to those, but only Walmart or TRU will end up having those, Zellers is sooooooooo full of series II :'(
what?  I'm cranky.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169093
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Page created in 2.257 seconds with 44 queries.