Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 06:39:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cyc - Greenpigtoys.com  (Read 8728 times)

Sandtrooper Tyler

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com
Cyc - Greenpigtoys.com
« on: December 08, 2005, 03:04:44 PM »

Sorry I'm not sure where to post this. If it's in the wrong section please move it.

I am trying to get in touch with member Cyc (Tat). I sent him payment for a EE Clone 4-pack over 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive it. I've emailed hime twice this week with no reply. Does anyone know how to contact him for me? PLMK.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 10:19:06 PM by Sandtrooper Tyler »

Brent Peconi

• Founding Member of the "Imperial Chatters"
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Setting Sail in Galaxies Far Far Away....
    • View Profile
Re: Cyc?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 03:11:59 PM »

It could still be in transit, if u guys are far apart, 2 weeks is not enough time for ur money to ship to him, for him to receive it, and for him to send his package and get to you. Otherwise, id PM him on the site, keep bumping this thread, and emailing him with CC's sent to urself.
Proud Member of the Southern Ontario Crew

Sandtrooper Tyler

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 06:12:29 PM »

Thanks for the advice Peconi. I actually paid him via paypal on the 20th of November and I am in North Bay and he is in Toronto. That's only 400 km. It usually doesn't take more than a couple of days to arrive.

Gam13it

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • "Royal Flush!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 06:53:39 PM »

that's odd.. i've dealt w. cyc before for two unleashed figs and had no problems.  patience is key when buying stuff online.  i say give it another week b4 taking any major action.

Brent Peconi

• Founding Member of the "Imperial Chatters"
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Setting Sail in Galaxies Far Far Away....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 07:00:28 PM »

Thanks for the advice Peconi. I actually paid him via paypal on the 20th of November and I am in North Bay and he is in Toronto. That's only 400 km. It usually doesn't take more than a couple of days to arrive.

Maybe he doesnt know you paid him? Best advice, since the distance is not that far as uve noted, is to keep emailing him and to record all ur moves. Think of it like a game of chess, only this game u can keep track if u slip up. As well u never know when an emergency has struck, maybe he got in an accident and is acoma? WHO KNOWS!

Keep the admin here posted, and email email email!
Proud Member of the Southern Ontario Crew

Rotaxxx

• <A+ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Selling my collection..contact me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 07:00:52 PM »

I too have dealt with CYC...no problems..try the website email or keep pm'ing him..pm me if U don't have the website email :)`

LordJawas

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 08:42:21 PM »

And dont forget, with Christmas, it could take longer then normal.

Hendog

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Representing Coquitlam, BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 02:42:07 AM »

There have been major problem in dealing with this guy over the past few months. So if you ordered anything from him, there is a good chance you will never get it. I have been waiting for well over 2 months for my items and he refuses to answer any email sent to him. I am not the only one, there have been alot of guys over at tfw2005 that have had the same problem. Most have threatened him with legal action and ended up with their products, but some of us have still been hung out to dry. I would contact Paypal immediatly and try and have your money refunded. I waited too long and have lost mine.

I am just trying to help out here, so cyc if you read this, please respond and help all of us out that you have ripped off!

I very highly recommend to anyone here to please blacklist Greenpigtoys from your online list of retailers and don't support this guy at all! Anyone interested in checking out the tfw2005 forums, it is in the cybertron.ca section of the boards.

As for keepiong a record of any emails sent to him, that is a very good idea. I have kept every piece of communication that I could with cyc and have them all saved in my email folder.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 12:52:08 PM »

Yes, don't wait.  Paypal only gives you 60 days to make a claim - and even then it's not guaranteed.  Only if the guy has money in his account, and only if the amount is over $25, as they take a big fee out of the proceeds before remitting to you.

If you back up your Paypal account with a credit card, you are much better off to file a claim thru them instead of Paypal.  A voice of experience from one stung twice now.

Sandtrooper Tyler

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 03:06:18 PM »

Thanks for the advice all. I have emailed him about a half a dozen times now and will give him a little longer to rectify this until I take further action. Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding. I'll keep you posted.

THE Mike™

• Peace out dudes
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Vintage Rules.
    • View Profile
    • BountyHunterToys.com
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 03:56:44 PM »

If it means anything, there's other people on he-man.org that are looking for him as well.
Wanna sell me your toys? Contact me!

www.bountyhuntertoys.com
118 Ottawa St. North
Hamilton, ON.

Also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bhtoys

Gnosis

• (A++ Trader) - Bird King of La Mancha
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Birdman Of Steel
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 04:53:59 PM »

He posted on transformerscon.com as well

Not sure if anyone dealt with him though

Snowtroopers.ca: Gnosis
Rebelscum feedback: Gnosis

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 09:42:15 PM »

Do you have a home address or phone number?   My advice is to each you who are out money and do not have a Visa company or the like to protect you is serve the guy small claims papers.  Sue him for what he owes plus the cost of serving and filing the claim.  I have done it before.  He will get a chance to submit a resolution before you even have to go to court.  I sued a guy over $60 - he wound up paying me $140 and I did not even see the inside of a court house. I did not have his address or phone number but I found him- people are always willing to help you find a dead beat!!!

Good Luck.
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

sewbacca

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 09:49:22 PM »

I have a pre-order from this guy but has not charged me yet and this is back in Nov.  E-mailed him 3xs about the product had no response.. Not sure what to do?
The circle is now complete. When I left I was but the learner, now I am the master

Hendog

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Representing Coquitlam, BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 04:03:59 AM »

I have a pre-order from this guy but has not charged me yet and this is back in Nov. E-mailed him 3xs about the product had no response.. Not sure what to do?

I would cancel it and order somewhere else. There are alot of good sponsers on this board and I have dealt with most of them. They are all pretty reliable and provide good customer service. You can email him to cancel the order, but good luck on getting a response. Did you give him your credit card?

Do you have a home address or phone number?   My advice is to each you who are out money and do not have a Visa company or the like to protect you is serve the guy small claims papers.  Sue him for what he owes plus the cost of serving and filing the claim.  I have done it before.  He will get a chance to submit a resolution before you even have to go to court.  I sued a guy over $60 - he wound up paying me $140 and I did not even see the inside of a court house. I did not have his address or phone number but I found him- people are always willing to help you find a dead beat!!!

Good Luck.

I have thought about doing this. I paid through Paypal using my Visa, but I am not sure if it is too late to file a claim or not. I am only out about $50, so it may not even be worth it. 

When I first emailed Cyc about not getting my package (after about 1 month), he responded saying that he mailed it to the wrong address and that he would re-send it. So I waiting another month before inquiring again as I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. But that was the last I ever heard from him. I eventually gave up until I started seeing all these posts on the various boards with everyone else having the same problem. So I decided to post to hopefully save some other guys the same headaches.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 37 queries.