Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 07:12:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: the morality of figure collecting.  (Read 5788 times)

stormtripper

• <A+++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re:the morality of figure collecting.
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2005, 03:47:34 AM »

Holy Crap
I go away for a couple days and there goes the neibourhood!
I think that everyone needs to exhale here, I am not going to backtrack through the post to get caught up to speed. We are a bunch of godamn star wars collectors man, all this starbucks, walmart, vegan, McDonalds BS are all personal choices, some of them are regional choices with limitations.... say like a logging town in the middle of BC ::)
I am not taking sides here in anyway, and I am not trying to moderate here lets make that clear.... But I think that Personal Messages are the route to take sometimes, can we agree on that??
I like getting to know people's personality's outside of their star wars geek mask, because we all have other interests.... don't we?? That would be pretty sad if all you had have a chase for toys, there are kids to play with, women to kiss, cars to wash, pot to smoke etc.. ;D
I think that the media and corporate enterprise is going to be in our face because we are all consumers, we will by low budget crap if the marketing/ package/ instant gratification suits the consumer. My son is a 3-year-old sponge, I read him a book twice, and he can recite the book verbatim. He see's images, hears music, and recognizes adds that I don't. He has eaten at McDonald's 5-6 times in his life yet says McDonalds all the time. THAT is scary stuff to me.
Can someone pick up an extra ROTS Vader, Clone and Grievous for me from the first wave? thanks.....
 ???
Forum Feedback Link

North Vancouver, Hollywood North....
MTMFnFBWY

stormtripper

• <A+++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2005, 04:00:37 AM »

Behaviour like this is hardly fitting for a forum member but to see it from a "moderator" on this site is unbelievable.

This just caught my attention, Shane have you checked out the "moderators" on Rebelscum, for the most part they stink, they are like little thread nazi's (yeah that got be booted off once)...... or at least they sucked huge when they drove so many people off of rebelscum. I used to like rs, now I pop over and check out the customs once in a while then I get out...
Forum Feedback Link

North Vancouver, Hollywood North....
MTMFnFBWY

DarthVader77

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2005, 08:47:21 AM »

This just caught my attention, Shane have you checked out the "moderators" on Rebelscum, for the most part they stink...

Yeah Shane, what *are* your feelings on those stinky Rebelscum moderators?  ;)

Bidderfett

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • I used to be a Wookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2005, 09:55:08 AM »

Wow! and the "do You Believe in God?" Poll was shut down because it "might" get controversial.  :-\

Koda

• <A+++ Trader> Snowtroopers.ca Website
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Welcome to Snowtroopers.ca, proudly Canadian eh!
    • View Profile
    • snowtroopers.ca
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2005, 10:36:17 AM »

Please stay on or even off topic, but no more personal attacks or this topic is history!
If you have issues with other members take them up via the PM system or email

Sorry Dave after reviewing this topic, I see you intentions were good , I apoligize for the behavior of some of the forum members on this site.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 10:37:06 AM by Koda »

Wade klein

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • "Never tell me the odds!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2005, 12:14:41 AM »

The following is not intended to make anyone feel bad . It is just my opinion and has nothing to do with previous arguments. It's just my answer to things i have read and feel. Please tell me if i offend you so i can apologize ;) :)

im going to put it this way i dont so much think about it but i do not buy that many brand new toys. i have more of a facenation of toys befor my time which i can know buy only second hand. know alberta has the lowest min wage in canada( $5.90 hopefuly $7.00 if all gose well) a $5.90 would not support anyone working a healthy full day and i kno that in sweatshops they DO make less. this is NOt enough money to sopport someone on bare necesities working a healthy amount of hours. now some mmight say why not work more? well it is mentely  & physicaly un-healthy, same with not having the proper nutreints and other must.  :-\ now lets all keep it posi for the kids pls ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 12:34:38 AM by Radiation74 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170170
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 89
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 68
Total: 70

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 40 queries.