Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Commlink

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 11:56:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winners  (Read 7510 times)

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Winners
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2013, 07:01:04 PM »

I found a Class I Republic Attack Dropship (the 1st one in TPM packaging) in an Ontario Winners today ($12.99) that wasn't there 2 weeks ago when I was last in. The only other 3 SW items there were also class I packs, 2 of the Darth Maul with sith speeder and the obi wan with naboo starfighter.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 08:00:49 PM by Thirdfloor »
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 09:58:55 PM »

Winners are putting out 3.75" non-revision Wave 3 Black Series figures for 7.99. Strangely they seem to be getting in 1/3 of case per store- 4 randomly selected figures. One store had 2 of Plagueis.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2014, 04:04:34 PM »

Found 6" BS wave 3 figures including Stormtrooper at a Winners for 19.99 each.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Mmm....toys....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »

Wow! Nice score!  :fight:
I love comics. If you enjoy them too, this is worth a listen and/or quick read.

DroidWorld

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • My joints are frozen up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 03:49:32 PM »

WTF?!?!  These have barely made it to regular retail in Canada, and they are already at a discounter outlet? 

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2014, 04:36:01 PM »

WTF?!?!  These have barely made it to regular retail in Canada, and they are already at a discounter outlet?

Probably because both Walmart and TRU passed on the wave since they have a backlog of wave 2 (and even some wave 1 left). I have only heard sightings of wave 3 at Target and Disney Stores so far. So when not enough "regular" retailers order the product, HasCan goes to the discounters to see if they will buy up the remaining stock from their warehouse. It's been happening more often the past couple years.
Selling off my entire Clone Wars collection here:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=22749.0

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »

And that's not all. Today at Winners I found part cases of revision wave 3 Mission Series figs Luke/Vader, Obi-Wan/Grievous and Han/Chewie in "Canadian" packaging for 7.99 each less than 3 weeks after these were first reported at EchoBase and here at Snowtroopers as starting to show up at Walmart.

In the revision case Han/Chewie replaces Sidious/Yoda. So far I haven't seen any Sidious/Yoda packs. All the Winners had revision case packs with a 40991 date stamp and the only case I've seen at a Walmart was also a revision case with a 41191 date stamp. Darth Paul mentioned only Vader/Luke and Obi-Wan/Grievous in his report. Has anyone seen a "Canadian" carded Sidious/Yoda?

In the long run it probably doesn't matter as Sidious/Yoda is supposed to reappear in Rebels/Saga Legends packaging.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »

Probably because both Walmart and TRU passed on the wave since they have a backlog of wave 2 (and even some wave 1 left). I have only heard sightings of wave 3 at Target and Disney Stores so far. So when not enough "regular" retailers order the product, HasCan goes to the discounters to see if they will buy up the remaining stock from their warehouse. It's been happening more often the past couple years.
Exactly as I predicted when they started showing up in multi-lingual packaging at specialty stores. Once we see things translated into multilingual packaging then they have to be released in decent quantities somewhere. :)

This even happened as far back as 1998. I remember several freeze frame figures showing up on trilingual cards at deep discount prices at Party Packagers (now known as Party City) that never hit regular retail.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 158898
  • Total Topics: 13709
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 14
Total: 15

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 39 queries.