Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Commlink

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 01, 2015, 06:23:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

24 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black Series for Cheap  (Read 799 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series for Cheap
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 08:30:45 PM »

Well the problem for Hasbro is that there are two camps when it comes to SA, with really neither one being the obvious majority per se.  I'd rather have more articulation than less, as I tend to believe Hasbro has had enough practice in doing it well that they can hide the joints discreetly and quite frankly, the more I get for my money the better.

Obviously there are going to be complaints when things go awry: the SA Dagobah 3.75" Luke was an aesthetic disaster, even I felt they went too far in trying to make a 4" figure be able to pose in every which way possible here.  That said, I was never a fan of the OTC version and skipped him completely because I really don't want to swap arms out (alternate arms/legs, etc get lost pretty easily).  What Hasbro could've done was give enough articulation here to let this Dagobah Luke perhaps do the handstand pose nicely.  Then down the road, release another Dagobah Luke that could focus the articulation on holding the blue bag with Yoda in it.  Twice the sales!

Personally I still love the 6" Slave Leia, the knees were perhaps the only minor nitpick for me since the pins are too conspicuous; the other joints are fine IMO, in this case I wanted this figure to be able to do her sitting pose in Jabba's palace, to hold her skiff weapon to fend off the guards, and of course stand next to Luke getting ready to swing off the sail barge.  The pouty look seems more due to the poor paint apps on her face... but if you searched around, you can find her with a more normal-looking expression.  That really made a big difference... the sad face look alone ruined the figure for me initially.

#hasblow2015

KaleDayspring

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 08:39:55 PM »

I agree that Slave Leia failed due to her super-articulation, she definitely does not come across as sexy to me.  The fact that her head and neck are pushed forward so that she can't hold her head up proudly without seeming like she is slouching is the biggest turn off for me.  Her sad, pouty expression doesn't help either. 

Let's be honest, slave Leia was a bad choice. Sure it was great for collectors, but for an average kid, who would want a scantly dressed girl over Fett or even Han. (ok they might want it for other reasons butwho is going to ask their parents to buy them this) If they had done a Hoth Leia or Death Star Leia, people might have been more inclined to buy her. Let's be truly honest, how many Slave Leias did you see on the peg when they first came out. After all the 80s geeks got them, they were fodder.

I can understand the Obi-Wan repeat. He was in the recent movies. He was in Clone Wars. Kids remember him. When I got my Luke and Chewy, that was all they had left. No Darth and no Obi-Wans. Which told me that either a collector grabbed them all or some kid saw Obi-Wan and said," Hey I want that"

JM Owen Skywalker

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 01:02:33 AM »

Kid sees Luke, "Awesome Luke Skywalker!" In the faint distance, "...You will not purchase the Luke Skywalker... You will purchase the Obi Wan..."
"...I will purchase the Obi Wan..."
"What? Why did that kid buy the crappy Obi Wan re-release?!?!" an on looker questions.

"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded..."  :artoo:
How you get so big eating food of this kind???

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 12:08:26 PM »

Let's be honest, slave Leia was a bad choice. Sure it was great for collectors, but for an average kid, who would want a scantly dressed girl over Fett or even Han. (ok they might want it for other reasons butwho is going to ask their parents to buy them this) If they had done a Hoth Leia or Death Star Leia, people might have been more inclined to buy her. Let's be truly honest, how many Slave Leias did you see on the peg when they first came out. After all the 80s geeks got them, they were fodder.

I still see stores with nothing but Slave Leias.

JM Owen Skywalker

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 12:41:58 PM »

It's sad really....

Another place that rarely pays off but has been good to me once is Winners. Found a Boba Fett once. The odds are you won't find anything good, but they do pick some up... from time to time...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:49:22 PM by JM Owen Skywalker »

Artaban

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 07:52:13 AM »

Had the chance to get a Leia and a Jabba in the last Retro Expo Montreal, both for $25. I'm still thinking that I would have buy this combo with a better presentation.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Mmm....toys....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 08:27:43 AM »

That pic makes Leia look about as good as she possibly could. Making some use of all that articulation helps in this case.
I love comics. If you enjoy them too, this is worth a listen and/or quick read.

JM Owen Skywalker

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 12:25:01 PM »

Going out shortly to update myself on Target prices and check my local RCSS (fingers crossed). Also, I was going to do a blu ray Star Wars marathon, but as the title screen played through the scenes of Phantom... well I think I'll just dust off the old VCR and watch the only trilogy that matters...

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 12:28:38 PM »

There are pretty decent HD-esque bootlegs of those kicking around the internet if you're so inclined…I heard the forums at this site if you haven't heard of it:
http://originaltrilogy.com
Can be of assistance.

JM Owen Skywalker

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 03:29:53 PM »

Update on Target Toys are 30% off now... however my search came up empty handed RCSS in Ottawa has nothing and Targets pickings are getting slim...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 160537
  • Total Topics: 13870
  • Online Today: 38
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Page created in 1.682 seconds with 38 queries.