Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 01:05:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

24 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's Going On Around Here????  (Read 5038 times)

Kevobi

• Snowtroopers.ca Web
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • TK8423
    • View Profile
    • www.KevinFawley.com
Re: What's Going On Around Here????
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2006, 02:57:10 PM »

This rules obviously does not apply to sponsors and their stores, who are businesses who have paid a premium to advertise here and support the site and can charge whatever they want to turn a profit.

trust me, it's not a premium to advertise here, AND we do appreciate the support from the sponsors.
kevin @ snowtroopers.ca
Winnipeg, MB

haggisking

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Not just the president but also a client!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2006, 07:31:37 PM »

I see 9 banners for sponsors at the top of the page.  Are there any others who don't have banners that we(the average forum user) don't know about?
They're COLLECTIBLES.  They don't become TOYS until you take them out of the package.

NO exclusives please - we're Canadian!

Koda

• <A+++ Trader> Snowtroopers.ca Website
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Welcome to Snowtroopers.ca, proudly Canadian eh!
    • View Profile
    • snowtroopers.ca
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2006, 08:03:23 PM »

I see 9 banners for sponsors at the top of the page.  Are there any others who don't have banners that we(the average forum user) don't know about?

Well you know snowtroopers.ca is the home to free advertising people are always pluging thier local comic shop (non sponsors) not much can be done it helps the local collectors.

As far as rules go there are never going to be perfect ones that everyone is happy with or that reduces scalping to 0, people are still going to buy all of figure x and make people come to them to trade or buy figures to trade to guys in the u.s. taking them away from local collectors. Offers and side deals will aways happen

I think people should maybe try to put forward more constructive input rather than always shoot things down. No matter what the rules are there will be people that disagree with them, trust me it is a tuff situation.

I myself stopped bringing extra stuff for people from the U.S. since with the cost of the figs from say amazon, shipping ,exchange parcel fees there is no way I could sell a fig for 10 bucks

Sifo-Dyas

• (A+ Trader)
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Still Needs More Cowbell!
    • View Profile
    • VIEW MY HAVES/WANTS LIST...
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2006, 08:28:46 PM »

For what it's worth, I tried to put forward some constructive input ( i.e. 1 set of rules of ALL non-sponsoring members)
Unforunately such suggestions were not appreciated by Admin.  So much so that it was deleted and the members were not even permitted to see this input.

I have been told by Rene that "everything will be addressed".
So I guess we just have to be patient and wait until he has the opportunity to do this.
Without making any final judgements here, I have to say that in the meantime, the whole thing just reeks of cronyism in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 08:44:17 PM by Sifo-Dyas »
View My HAVES/WANTS LIST[/color]           View FEEDBACK

"If We Can't Laugh At The Dead, We Have No Business Killing People. "

Kevobi

• Snowtroopers.ca Web
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • TK8423
    • View Profile
    • www.KevinFawley.com
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2006, 08:40:45 PM »

Without making any final judgements here, I have to say that in the meantime, the whole thing just reeks of croneyism in my opinion.

Cronyism is partiality to long-standing friends, especially by appointing them to public office without regard for their qualifications. In political terms, the word "cronyism" is almost always used derogatorily. The word "crony" first appeared in 18th century London and is believed to be derived from the Greek word χρόνιος (chronios), meaning long-term.
- Wikipedia.org
kevin @ snowtroopers.ca
Winnipeg, MB

Koda

• <A+++ Trader> Snowtroopers.ca Website
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • Welcome to Snowtroopers.ca, proudly Canadian eh!
    • View Profile
    • snowtroopers.ca
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »

For what it's worth, I tried to put forward some constructive input ( i.e. 1 set of rules of ALL non-sponsoring members)
Unforunately such suggestions were not appreciated by Admin.  So much so that it was deleted and the members were not even permitted to see this input.

I have been told by Rene that "everything will be addressed".
So I guess we just have to be patient and wait until he has the opportunity to do this.
Without making any final judgements here, I have to say that in the meantime, the whole thing just reeks of croneyism in my opinion.

Bill you have No idea how difficult it is to try to keep this site running smoothly, How hard it is to keep peace and make sure everyone is happy and some what getting along. Mistakes are made , things posted in haste and frustration, i have restrained from punching my pretty monitor on many occations. Youv'e seen my hair , I am amazed it hasn't all fallen out with stress

The only thing I can say is us "Admins" have tried  really hard to make this a great place. I have been here along time and still don't know the perfect forumula for sucsess, no matter what is done there is always those who will agree and those that disagree.

If anyone has the perfect soloution to any or all the sites problems feel free to email me, but be forwarned what you feel is the right thing there will many that will disagree.

I myself am in a bad position I know too may people on the site on a personal level and many through the forums for many years, It was nice there was some admins that played hardball on some of the issues. I live in a fantasy world where if figure people should just get along , use common sense and maybe let slide what they feel might be a wrong course of action.

I'll say this again I did not take forum 101 in high school, it has been a learning experience for many years

Darth Paul

• (A++ Trader)
  • Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2006, 11:22:03 PM »

I just want to clarify a couple of things.
I have been a member here practically since the beginning of the Power of the North Side days.  I love this site and visit it whenever I can.   I have made some friends here and have completed MANY trades over the years.
Despite my low post count, I consider myself a bit of an "old-timer" here, and I have a strong desire to see this site prosper and stick around for a long time.
I have bought several Snowtrooper t-shirts :snowtroopers:
That said, I appreciate the hard work that goes into running this place, especially the efforts of Kevobi and Koda.  I just hang out here, I can't imagine trying to run it.
I don't want anyone to construe that I am being overly critical or negative in any way, or that I am taking this great site and all the hard work behind the scenes for granted.
I have purchased from several of the site's sponsors and have always been happy with the product, price, and service.  I am happy to support the stores that help support the site.
I was just offering up my take on the current situation.  I still don't like scalping on the site and I disapprove of heavy-handed editing or deletion of posts, and I don't apologize for my opinions.
But I genuinely did not mean to ruffle any feathers, hurt any feelings, or offend anyone personally, and if I did that, I apolgize for it.
 :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers:

Kitchener

• <A++Trader> Dark
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rock Bottom!
    • View Profile
WHAT IS HAPPENING?!
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 05:08:35 PM »

Lord Wader and Barada?  WHAT IS WRONG! Why is one threatening the other and causing and uproar and causing them to leave this GREAT place!
First ever Survivor Champ!

bones

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
  • ive givenmore moneyto lucas then NASA hastospace
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 05:38:22 PM »

ive always kept quite in HERE but

SCALPING SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD IN HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

my 2 cents if anyone cares

haggisking

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Not just the president but also a client!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 07:36:21 PM »

Let's move on guys.  It's not worth it.  I stayed up late reading all the (now-deleted) posts regarding what was causing all the problems and two valuable members have left because of it. 
This is a great site for the Canadian SW collector(and fan) and let's keep it that way.  Nobody makes a living running this site, so you can't expect them to be on top of it 24 hours a day.  We have some gracious sponsors here.  I know that some of them check out the boards on a regular basis and would certainly take notice if others were trying to get a free ride (and voice their concerns about it).  Anyway, I'm off to find the Hoth wave!(yeah right)   
They're COLLECTIBLES.  They don't become TOYS until you take them out of the package.

NO exclusives please - we're Canadian!

Brent Peconi

• Founding Member of the "Imperial Chatters"
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Setting Sail in Galaxies Far Far Away....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2006, 11:54:53 AM »

CAN WE JUST NOT ALL GO TO A BAR AND HAVE SOME DRINKS?!?!?!?!?!  :party0008:

Proud Member of the Southern Ontario Crew

Ian_C

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • DXcellence
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2006, 12:23:40 PM »

Why bump this after a week Brent?   :mad0218:

Another humble suggestion, before the discussion heats up again.  Can we lock this, to help us all put this in the past?

Ian
For all your wrestling needs.  Discussion, Fantasy Tournaments, Figures, Hall of Fame, etc.

Radiation74

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006, 12:29:34 PM »

Thread locked.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169093
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 37 queries.