Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 06:29:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

60 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)  (Read 180262 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

Perfect! Mine cost me under $20 CDN and I was pretty happy with that deal. I don't have it yet though, hopefully this week.

old man ben

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • "Born to Collect!"
    • View Profile

The same thing happened to me on e-bay, when I came across an entry where the word "Evolutions" was spelled wrong in the title, so virually no one would see it.
I ended up getting all 3 sets for the initial asking price of $40 US.  I was the only bidder.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

I kant spel so I alwais find deals on ebai. :P
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

haggisking

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Not just the president but also a client!
    • View Profile

Went down to the U.S yesterday, kind of spur of the moment.  I managed to get a set of VSTC figs(two Targets and a Walmart later).  Biker Scout(duh) and Xwing Luke were the hard ones to find.  The other three are total pegwarmers.  I only saw the one Biker Scout all day.  Prices ranged from $9.99 to $11.99US.  Also scored Demise of Grievous at one of the Targets as well as the Skirmish in the Senate Battlepack(these were in abundance).  No regular figures that we don't have up here were on display.
I also hit a KB, Big K and TRU.  TRU had a Titanium Bossk and lots of 'vintage' finish Fett and Vader but I wasn't interested in those.  Same repackaged vehicles we have at the moment and not a Gunship in sight.  I bought a pack of series 3 Attacktix there.  KB and Kmart were disappointing.  Overall, I was very pleased with my finds. 
They're COLLECTIBLES.  They don't become TOYS until you take them out of the package.

NO exclusives please - we're Canadian!

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile

I am just in the airport on my way back from a week-long trip to New York City.  I took one day out of my schedule (I was mostly here for a medical conference ;)) and hit every TRU/Walmart/Target/Kmart/KB I could find.  In total, I hit 7 Targets, 3 Walmarts, 4 TRU, 2 Kmarts, and 1 KB.  The best selection was actually at the KB, and the worst was at Kmart. 

Overall, it was productive.  I actually haven't gotten ANY of the Saga collection this year, and decided to try to track them down this trip (as they are much cheaper in the US with the current exchange).  I managed to track down every currently available fig in the line except Boba Fett, General Veers, Snowtrooper, and Scorch.  I also got all of the VSTC figures as well as 3 of the Demise of Grievous figures (I am willing to trade two of them - just picked them up in case any troopers were looking :)`).  Figs were $6.49-6.99, VSTC $9.99, Demise of Grievous $12.99

In addition to the figs, I got the Clone Wars Gunship ($44.99), and then some stuff for my sons (Slave I/Boba Fett Transformer $14.99, Talking Yoda $14.99) as well as some ROTS wrapping paper.

That's all I can remember for now. 

richkulach

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Geologist, now not-in-training
    • View Profile

I just got back from a 3-day Star Wars shopping trek to Williston, Minot,  and Bismark, ND. as well as Billings, MT.  I found a bunch of stuff, as usual for these trips for me. 

First stop, I could tell it would be a good trip, as I grabbed a UGH Obi-Wan.  Found a few Jedi Temple Assault battle packs at Big K stores, grabbed 1.  Loads of the Skirmish in the Senate battle pack at every Target (got 1 of them too), as well lots of the Demise of Grevious exclusive (which I have comming in trade already).  Got up-to-date with the normal figure on US cards, found all of the Heros and Villians wave, except for Bacara.  I only picked up the #41 Clone though.  Stumbeled upon a nice carded Scorch to replace my nonmint one. 

Deal of the trip came this morning though.  Dropped into Shop-Ko in Billings, and they happened to have VTSC figures, including the Scout Trooper.  Ususally their prices are kinda high (EIII figs were almost $7) but the pegs said $9.99.  I figured it was a good enough deal, for the taped cases.  Girl rings them up, $7.99 each!  Im not going to lie, I was rather happy. :speechless-smiley-004:

Rich
richkulach@hotmail.com

Regina, Saskatchewan

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

Beautiful score on the VTSCs - aren't they nice???  :)`

richkulach

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Beautiful score on the VTSCs - aren't they nice???  :)`

Yeah, they really are great looking figures.  Hopefully I can find a buddy in the US who is willing to ship the lucas figure up to me.  I will wait a while to CAREFULLY cut the tape, just incase there is an influx of Lucas figrues available.

Also, Today I recieved my EIII Vader and Han busts from Amazon (cost $30US total) as well as a UGH Anakin, US carded.  Been a great few days for me here. :tongue0024:

Rich
richkulach@hotmail.com

Regina, Saskatchewan

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile

Is Shop-Ko a local thing or national.?  I don't recall ever seeing any in the western NY area.

richkulach

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile

Is Shop-Ko a local thing or national.?  I don't recall ever seeing any in the western NY area.

Well, they say they are a national chain, but only have stores in a handful of states.  Their web-site http://www.shopko.com/ has a pull down menu at the top of the main page showing locations/cities.  There are alot in Wisconsin, but the only ones I have been to are in Montana.

Rich
richkulach@hotmail.com

Regina, Saskatchewan

BountyHunter69

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Clone Trooper Addict
    • View Profile

I just picked up the Tatooine Wave (Except the Sandtrooper) in Dallas

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile

How to spend $70US real fast.  find a jedi temple assault battlepack stuffed behind the transformers section of a kmart.  then some titanium that have even been sniffed at up here and finish it off with a nice minty fresh unleashed chewie.  wouldn't have minded getting his companions to finish the series (if it is finished, I'll believe the greatest hits thing when I see it), but sadly there were none in the 3 walmarts that I visited.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 04:42:15 PM by fishfan »

BountyHunter69

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Clone Trooper Addict
    • View Profile

Just picked up a Mace Windu fighter.  It looks pretty good in Purple

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

Nice score! I'm looking forward to seeing the black Darth Vader version - that might be the one that gets me to break down and buy another one of these. I only have the Green TRU Anakin one at this point.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile

Nice score! I'm looking forward to seeing the black Darth Vader version - that might be the one that gets me to break down and buy another one of these. I only have the Green TRU Anakin one at this point.

THat what I was thinking also - I only have the Blue Obiwan one - and was thinking I would get teh black Darth Vader one to go along with it. 
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169102
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 60
Total: 61

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 38 queries.