Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 17, 2018, 02:27:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

84 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)  (Read 186327 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2006, 01:06:20 PM »

God, that's DIRT CHEAP for the shuttle. Be very proud of that score!!!!  :scared0008:

Sifo-Dyas

• (A+ Trader)
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Still Needs More Cowbell!
    • View Profile
    • VIEW MY HAVES/WANTS LIST...
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2006, 04:52:47 PM »

Just got my Delta Squad set from Toy Traders and it looks awesome! Thanks again for the great deal, Matthew.

They also have the new wave of Saga figs; Camo Battledroids, Clones, R5-J2, Holo Cody, Chewie w/ Elect. C3P0, Sith Training Maul etc.

Lots of other great new stuff in stock including Gentle Giant Boba, Leia & R2, Vader Maquettes, Galactic Heroes 10 packs....
View My HAVES/WANTS LIST[/color]           View FEEDBACK

"If We Can't Laugh At The Dead, We Have No Business Killing People. "

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2006, 06:05:37 PM »

I got mine from Razor's Edge...it came Friday...and I agree - the set is great.

BTW - Mike at Razor's was great to deal with too.  Super nice guy.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2007, 08:23:14 PM »

If you are in a Chapter's/Indigo check if they have the "Star Wars Poster Book". It is a hard cover - 300+ page book that normally retails for $70 plus. I got it on sale for $14.99 !!

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2007, 08:22:24 AM »

man that's awesome, I'm on  my way this morning.  Thanks for the heads up Ambasah  :u:

JesseVader08

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • Playing with my Galactic Heroes
« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2007, 01:36:58 PM »

If you are in a Chapter's/Indigo check if they have the "Star Wars Poster Book". It is a hard cover - 300+ page book that normally retails for $70 plus. I got it on sale for $14.99 !!

That book is a good deal at $70, so $15 is a steal!

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »

Went to Newmarket Chapters, comp. says 1 there, they can't find it.  Called the Markham 1, comp. says 1 there, can't find it.  Called the Woodbridge store, comp. says 2 there, can't find them.  I'm not destined to have this book.   :sad0064:

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2007, 03:29:25 PM »

I found mine near the children's area in the "Entertainment" section.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2007, 03:38:30 PM »

Went to Newmarket Chapters, comp. says 1 there, they can't find it.  Called the Markham 1, comp. says 1 there, can't find it.  Called the Woodbridge store, comp. says 2 there, can't find them.  I'm not destined to have this book.   :sad0064:

Hmm I was going to pop into the newmarket and/or woodbridge store. May not bother now. You probably saved me a hassle fishfan. :) I checked online and the price is the same but says "temporarily unavailable to order". :( You can get it at amazon.ca for $36.71. Not bad, but sure aint $14.99!

Keep an eye out though at indigos/chapters in the near future, ya never know. I remember they blew out the c-3po books with the 12" doll for like $20. They had some, then none, then some again a few times.

Eradicator

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Join me and together we can rule the Galaxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2007, 09:03:11 PM »

Will Amazon do a price match?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2007, 11:11:46 PM »

I spoke to Chapters today, apparently when there is one copy left of anything they box it up and return it. I was advised of a couple of stores having more than one copy left and was told to call them to see if they could find them.... too much hassle for me as I don't really have an interest in the posters.

JesseVader08

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • Playing with my Galactic Heroes
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2007, 02:24:13 AM »

I spoke to Chapters today, apparently when there is one copy left of anything they box it up and return it.

That seems strange.  Why go through all that effort when there's only one left?  :~/~:

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2007, 08:25:14 AM »

the guy who helped me out, and he was really helpful, mentioned that there is a possibility that it may even have been stolen over the past year and when they do inventory it will clear it out of the system.  Another possiblility is that it's just misplaced somewhere else in the store, or was damaged beyond sellable condition and wasn't written off properly.  Or, as the guy who helped me said, "maybe one of the SW geeks in the basement had hidden it downstairs".  Then realizing he may have inadvertantly called me a star wars geek, explained that he meant the kids that are into it and not the generation who grew up with it, implying that I was old.  I told him to stop while he was ahead.  It was funny actually.

There are many reasons a computer can say there is one left and it's not on the shelf where it's supposed to be, least of all someone already bought it and the computer doesn't adjust inventory till the next business day.

As JJ said, it a lot of work to track down 1 book.  I'd like it at that price, but not if I have to drive an hour each way to find a copy.

:u:

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2007, 01:04:22 PM »

the guy who helped me out, and he was really helpful, mentioned that there is a possibility that it may even have been stolen over the past year and when they do inventory it will clear it out of the system.  Another possiblility is that it's just misplaced somewhere else in the store, or was damaged beyond sellable condition and wasn't written off properly.  Or, as the guy who helped me said, "maybe one of the SW geeks in the basement had hidden it downstairs".  Then realizing he may have inadvertantly called me a star wars geek, explained that he meant the kids that are into it and not the generation who grew up with it, implying that I was old.  I told him to stop while he was ahead.  It was funny actually.

There are many reasons a computer can say there is one left and it's not on the shelf where it's supposed to be, least of all someone already bought it and the computer doesn't adjust inventory till the next business day.

As JJ said, it a lot of work to track down 1 book.  I'd like it at that price, but not if I have to drive an hour each way to find a copy.

:u:

That's hilarious. Star Wars geeks, eh? What are they? lol

And man don't need to tell me about computers telling you a book is there when it's not. Especially in a library!! It's the main reason I hate libraries! So many hrs in university wasted searching for phantom books!

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2007, 09:41:54 AM »

I spoke to Chapters today, apparently when there is one copy left of anything they box it up and return it. I was advised of a couple of stores having more than one copy left and was told to call them to see if they could find them.... too much hassle for me as I don't really have an interest in the posters.

The Chapters I went to had 1 left (according to their computer) in the General Bargain area... I asked 2 ladies and they looked at each other and then went, "Oh, geeze...". Luckily, and unfortunately for the kind male clerk standing nearby, he said he knew where it was because he was planning on buying it himself. He opened up one of the computer station cabinets and pulled it out.

I almost felt guilty taking it from him... almost...
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169306
  • Total Topics: 14357
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 84
Total: 85

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 39 queries.