Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 19, 2018, 04:43:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 73   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)  (Read 186762 times)

ldssgtg

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)
« Reply #450 on: August 30, 2011, 08:24:02 AM »

In Michigan and have found no new figures at all...I've never seen so many vintage clone troopers in my life!

LordBaylin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 11, 2011, 12:58:09 AM »

Had to drive around for  a couple of hours today, but i finally found 2 AV-7 Cannons at a TRU in Michigan.
Really nice piece, I am impressed, out of scale but not so noticeable as others.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 14, 2011, 10:18:23 PM »

Had some moderate success in Myrtle Beach last week. The bad was lots of clones and sandtroopers at TRU, Target, and Walmart. Tons of CW and legends stuff, but I don't really collect those so I have no idea what was on the pegs other than no Chewbaccas. Honestly, their pegs looked A LOT like ours. perhaps a little more inventory (ie. crap) than us, but in a way that might be worse. I have no idea how that one target or walmart (can't remember which) is going to get rid of the dozen or so Woofs on the pegs... Saw a few CC pilots and 4-loms as well. :(

Target had tons of the latest exclusive 3-packs, which I passed on. They also had the DVD box sets, which I passed on as well. Also saw the new big CW shuttle thingy. Looks pretty cool, but I'll be passing on that since I'm not into CW. Kmart had 3 b-wings and I passed on them. Nice box, just can't justify $40 for the box, since I already have a b-wing.

Between the 3 stores, I managed to cobble together a couple of the vintage figures that never made it to Canada. Found Weequay x2, Lando General, Han Ceremony, Luke Death Star, and the Endor Capture version of the jedi luke for my vintage carded collection. I just need dagobah landing luke x2 from those waves. Well, and wedge obviously, but hopefully he will come eventually.
Also managed to pick up the new 30th anniversary Stalker from the latest GI Joe wave. TRU had remnants of one case. Very cool figure and re-imagining of one of my fave joe characters. Saw the skystriker as well at Target, but passed. GI Joe is non-existant in walmarts down there. :( And target just had arctic destros. Pretty sad presence down there. :(
Saw various other things that tempted me ($10 12" spock from the new ST movie, but have nowhere to put him and a diamond ST communicator on clearance, but the sounds didn't work), but I'm being more selective these days.

In all, not too terrible. Nothing new that I wanted to pick up but filled in a couple holes.

Oh and Buffalo was a complete waste of time on the way home.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:22:10 PM by Darth Cujo »

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 21, 2011, 08:29:28 AM »

I grabbed a new Tauntaun in Singapore! The regular price was 69.99 in Singapore dollars but I managed to get it for 39.99 due to them having that price on the shelf. We complain about figure prices - their regular TRU price is 19.99 per figure - the special deal for the week was 2 for 25!  :scared0008:

To clarify a bit - our dollar is worth about 1.20 Singapore dollars, so the 69.99 (which is a tax-in price) equivocates to approximately $49 CDN before taxes for the Tauntaun.  :scared0008:

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No reward is worth this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 21, 2011, 02:49:24 PM »

I grabbed a new Tauntaun in Singapore! The regular price was 69.99 in Singapore dollars but I managed to get it for 39.99 due to them having that price on the shelf. We complain about figure prices - their regular TRU price is 19.99 per figure - the special deal for the week was 2 for 25!  :scared0008:

To clarify a bit - our dollar is worth about 1.20 Singapore dollars, so the 69.99 (which is a tax-in price) equivocates to approximately $49 CDN before taxes for the Tauntaun.  :scared0008:

Good score, but what a crazy price! Does it come with real tauntaun guts?  :speechless-smiley-004:
I do not like green eggs and ham!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 21, 2011, 02:52:08 PM »

Yeah the prices there for many things were crazy, no question.

Darth Mink

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Watch out for rodents with lightsabers
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 25, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »

In a vain effort to make Jedi Patrick VERY jealous...

I watched my neighbor’s cat this weekend…made sure he was fed, etc while they were in Boston.

They came back last night, knocked on my door and said: “Thanks for watching our cat.  Here, we got you this as a thank you.  We know you like star wars toys”.

It was a Hunt for Luke Skywalker pack!  I was sooo excited!  Anyways, the Tauntaun is really nice looking!

I thought about putting the tauntaun in my bed, taking pictures with it and then emailing them to Jedi Patrick...but aside from the total creepiness of the act, I think that would fall into the "Oh Hell No" category with my wife...

Anyways, best neighbors in the world!
"Enjoy your action figures guys...and remember, they're not dolls"

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 25, 2011, 10:10:18 AM »

lol. congrats!

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 25, 2011, 02:34:17 PM »

In a vain effort to make Jedi Patrick VERY jealous...

I watched my neighbor’s cat this weekend…made sure he was fed, etc while they were in Boston.

They came back last night, knocked on my door and said: “Thanks for watching our cat.  Here, we got you this as a thank you.  We know you like star wars toys”.

It was a Hunt for Luke Skywalker pack!  I was sooo excited!  Anyways, the Tauntaun is really nice looking!

I thought about putting the tauntaun in my bed, taking pictures with it and then emailing them to Jedi Patrick...but aside from the total creepiness of the act, I think that would fall into the "Oh Hell No" category with my wife...

Anyways, best neighbors in the world!

Grrr!!!! I USED to like you very much. Now, you're much like a dead Tauntaun to me... no use.... except maybe dead for heating up a very sick dying Jedi.

:tongue0024:

Congrats on the find! And no worry, I'm sure I'll be able to grab some of these cool sets very soon!  :)
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 05, 2011, 10:52:09 AM »

My friend José finally brought me some very nice items!

- Landspeeder in Vintage-style box   :)
- Luke Skywalker's Tauntaun in Vintage-style box!!   :) :)
- The Search for Luke Skywalker (with Han Solo's Tauntaun)   :) :) :)

Now, I'm a VERY happy Tauntaun-lover!   :P

"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

ldssgtg

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 19, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »

In Michigan - Scored the Target exclusive Luke Skywalker's Tauntaun and the Search for Luke Skywalker (with Han Solo's Tauntaun)...passed on a Revenge of the Sith Endor Rebel Soldier (dark) and and Return of the Jedi Tie-Fighter Pilot. Also passed on the Sandspeeder (have the previous one).

LordBaylin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 27, 2011, 05:52:31 PM »

I finally found the Walmart exclusive AT-RT & Barc Figure/Vehicle packs today, thought I'd missed them.
Not much else to report all the Clone Wars & Saga figures were $3.40-3.90 depending on what Walmart I went to.

LordBaylin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 10, 2012, 11:14:09 AM »

Scored the DTF Walmart wave this morning!
In Michigan

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 12, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »

Just came back from Niagara Falls/Buffalo....and the pegs at TRU, Wally, and Target were clogged with TPM Vintage line, CW and MH figures.  They did not seem to be moving of the shelves very fast.  TRU had all their 3 3/4 inch figures for 30% off including some battle pack and the mid-size vehicles....the only thing that I was interested in was the Lego Y-Wing fighter which was onsale for 30% off...so the sale price was 41.99US + tax....so I picked one up. As a bonus, because I spent over $35.00, I got a Darth Maul USB Flash Drive for free (retail value was $15.00US).

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 13, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »

I also went to Buffalo today. Checked 3 WMs but only got lucky at one of them - scored the most of the remnants of the DTF stuff: Aurra Sing, Mawhonic, Ric Olie, Tusken Raider, Dewback. No droid BPs. Other than that all 3 chains have pretty much the same products as are available here, for only slightly lower prices - better off to get them on sale in Canada. I also picked up the Lego Y-wing and Geo. Cannon at TRU for the 30% sale price, plus USB drive, so not a total bust.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 73   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169371
  • Total Topics: 14374
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 70
Total: 71

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 39 queries.