Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 17, 2018, 11:37:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 73   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)  (Read 186393 times)

darthric

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)
« Reply #510 on: September 22, 2012, 08:33:17 PM »

My weekend in Maine was really cool ! I found :

Ewok Pack in toysrus  :artoo:
Pilots pack in toysrus
The new speeder bike in toysrus
Kmart At-St
Kmart B-Wing at 10$  :D
Target villain set
Target droid set
Target Maul Returns battle pack with Nightsister !

Only 2 things are missing : the last 2-pack from Kmart (ewok and as-st crew)  :snowtroopers:
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try !

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 23, 2012, 08:42:12 AM »

Man! That is a real sweet haul. And what a grat price on the B-Wing! I sure hope that TRU in Canada gets those Ewok and pilot sets.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 01, 2012, 03:59:24 PM »

toysrus.ca has the MTT listed for 189.99 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12827579 only 40 more than Legends and Sears although it is supposedly in stock.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 01, 2012, 08:07:38 PM »

unavailable in Québec.... that was to be expected. I also wonder why, if our dollar is almost worth the same as the US dollar (if not more) we always pay our things more than them.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:13:04 PM by Goldenrod »

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 01, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »

I had already decided to make the MTT a casualty of my cutting back. That crazy price is TRU's way of making sure I don't give in to an impulse buy. That price is just nuts. $130 was already gonna be too much.

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 21, 2012, 03:37:27 PM »

From my good friend José: sorry for crappy pictures, time to update the camera

Just watched them closely and really like Nien Nunb and the Weequay. Had to leave behind my Speeder Bike and both AT-ST Crew and Ewok Scouts from target
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:32:44 PM by Goldenrod »

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 07, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »

A local comic book store in my area had most of the last wave - picked up Prune Face x 2, Lumat x2, Nien Nunb x 2, Weequay x 2, and 1 Obi Wan, and 1 Ashoka - no sign of the Royal Guard, or Republic Trooper  :'( 

CAD card....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:25:58 PM by pegger »

bothen33

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 17, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »

I'm shocked that target has had barely or no new vintage since the summer. The ones ive been too at least in Michigan.

LordBaylin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 31, 2012, 01:36:11 AM »

Found the following in Michigan tonight, MTT $64.50, 501st/AT-RT, Yoda/ Mini Starfighter these were $24.99 each but it was buy bogoho. I also saw the other mini vehicles but I didn't like them too much.
Also bought the new Neca Predator battle damaged 2 pack and Prometheus 2 pack, i had a $50.00 Cdn gift card that worked out to be $50.15 USD.
Not bad, not bad at all and in Canada I picked up my 2nd Sentinel Prime from Winners for $31.00

LordBaylin

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 31, 2012, 07:52:28 AM »

Found the following in Michigan tonight, MTT $64.50, 501st/AT-RT, Yoda/ Mini Starfighter these were $24.99 each but it was buy bogoho. I also saw the other mini vehicles but I didn't like them too much.
Also bought the new Neca Predator battle damaged 2 pack and Prometheus 2 pack, i had a $50.00 Cdn gift card that worked out to be $50.15 USD.
Not bad, not bad at all and in Canada I picked up my 2nd Sentinel Prime from Winners for $31.00
Oops, forgot to mention where I found stuff, MTT was at Walmart, Deluxe figures and Neca stuff was ToysRus

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 24, 2013, 11:01:26 PM »

Had this show up today.  It came with the pre-order proof card but the batteries died on my camera before I could take a pic of it.  The way the carded figure is packaged kinda sucks.  Not sure if you can tell from the pics but the corners of the cardback have been tucked into the blue cardboard backer comprimising the corners.  It also slightly warps/bends the cardback by being packaged that way.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

IanToronto

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 25, 2013, 02:05:17 PM »

Had this show up today.  It came with the pre-order proof card but the batteries died on my camera before I could take a pic of it.  The way the carded figure is packaged kinda sucks.  Not sure if you can tell from the pics but the corners of the cardback have been tucked into the blue cardboard backer comprimising the corners.  It also slightly warps/bends the cardback by being packaged that way.
That's disappointing to hear....I ordered 2 of these myself....should be here in the next week or so.  I guess that's why they say they are in C8/C9 condition on their website when ordering. Hopefully, they don't arrive severly creased.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 28, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »

Why they were granted any exclusive, let alone an previously unmade & semi desirable prequel character is completely beyond me. Depressing as hell, sorry about the cardbacks. :(

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 28, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »

Why they were granted any exclusive, let alone an previously unmade & semi desirable prequel character is completely beyond me. Depressing as hell, sorry about the cardbacks. :(

As far as I've ever heard anyone(any company) who wants to buy the minimum requirement of figures necessary can have an exclusive made for them.  I'm sure a newly moulded figure would cost more to have made than a re-pack or re-paint, i.e. the Battlefront Scout Trooper or R2-KT.

The cardback isn't completely trashed, but it's definitely affected by the way that it's packed into the blue cardboard.  Before getting it I had contemplating taking the carded figure out of the exterior packaging to display with the rest of my carded vintage collection but I won't be doing that now for sure.

I've read a person posting on another site that they are not going to buy this figure from brianstoys out of displeasure with the company, but then they said they would be willing to pay more for it off ebay later.  I don't really understand that because BT would have made their money the first time it was sold. :speechless-smiley-004:

There is always a small chance that this figure could be re-released at retail someday.  The TAC saga legends line ended up having quite a few exclusive figures and vehicle pack-in figures released, Shadow Trooper, Neyo, Zev Sesneca, ect.  If you really want this figure I wouldn't chance this though.  Just bite the bullet and get it.  Shipping was $10.52, handling was $2.00  :mad0137:, and the figure was $24.99.  All said and done it's $37.51 USD delivered.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 02, 2013, 01:00:44 PM »

Got this one as well, ordered in a batch by my friend José.

The figure is really sweet, but I would much rather have this one in a regular release than in a unnecessary boxed package. The box really doesn't add anything to the figure. I'm pretty sure they could have put it the Count Dooku head bust and stand in a regular package without too much trouble. 35$ for such a figure is pretty steep.

Anyway, I like the quality, despite the swivel neck. At least they were able to sculpt wrinkles on her face and neck skin by using the swivel articulation. I really like the deco on this figure, although mine seems a little washed on her front... at her boobs... anyway...

Bottomline, too expensive, but very very neat figure meeting the expected quality of the Vintage collection line.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:20:54 PM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 73   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169336
  • Total Topics: 14359
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 53
Total: 54

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 39 queries.