Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 18, 2018, 03:11:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

72 Guests, 2 Users
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 73   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)  (Read 186517 times)

jmac

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Just Found: Other (Specialty Shops, Cross-Border Shopping, Online, ETC)
« Reply #780 on: July 19, 2016, 08:42:16 PM »

JediTempleArchives has reported a pre-order from Entertainment Earth for an exclusive six pack of S/A 3 3/4" figures, five of which have never been released as figures to-date.  The contents have still not been announced so as of now it's a blind pre-order.  The contents will either be revealed tomorrow or at this weekend's convention, not sure.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSB8671#.V47AsRKiBaR

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18259#disqus_thread
This has me interested. Even if it's something I want though, the price when you factor in the exchange rate and shipping is probably more than I can justify spending.  :(

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 19, 2016, 10:45:49 PM »

Hmm definitely interesting. Adam is dropping a tonne of hints on yak face and jeditemplearchives. Given his interest in completing the Kenner line up I was hoping for an imperial dignitary. But 5 never in plastic and 1 never in realistic form kinda kills that. No episode 1 figures and more than 1 OT. Those are some of the hints.

It will end up being in the $20++ per figure range once shipping exchange and tax factor in. So I'll have to be blown away to be in. More than likely I'll really really want one or two and have little to no interest in the rest. So I may need to go in with someone or buy and sell off the excess.

I'm curious. And definitely need to see before I buy.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 20, 2016, 07:59:43 AM »

some EE exclusives have been made available via Diamond in the past...so you might be able to order from your local comicbook/toy shop, although it will likely be months down the road.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 20, 2016, 08:38:15 AM »

This is what Jayson of YAKFACE says regarding the new upcoming ENTERTAINMENT EARTH SDCC Exclusive :P

UPDATE: Diverse Range Of Interesting Dudes" = DROIDS. (Thank you Jayson Krebsbach for confirming what we've been speculating!)
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 20, 2016, 12:45:36 PM »

I see in the comments of JTA, speculation it could be an unknown yellow astromech from the Sail Barge, Yak Face, and... my personal hope is a BaD C3PO (because I'm too lazy to paint my own).

Anyone else want to venture a few characters they'd want to see?  At least it's generating some excitement for disillusioned 3.75" SA fans.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 20, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »

Apparently, there's no astromech repaints. So I'd say no astromech droids at all.

These are the "facts" we know right now:

1) Droids are the main focus

From Jason Krebsbach from Yakface:

''Diverse Range Of Interesting Dudes'' (D-R-O-I-DS)

2) No Astromech droids repaints:

From Galactic Hunter's Q&A yesterday:

"We're not even seeing astromech repaints in stores - someone would really have to be some sort of a fun-loving toy suit to get more of that kind of thing to happen again."

3) Protocol Droids

From Jason Krebsbach from Yakface:

"plastic pals" & "diodes down" conveys emphasis on "P" and "D": Protocol Droids

4) No Cliegg Lars

From EntEarthAdam (Adam from Entertainment Earth):

"Cliegg Lars is not part of the set."

5) No Tonnika Sisters, no EU characters, no Thrawn, no Rogue One, no Rebels stuff

Question: "I'm secretly hoping for the Tonnika Sisters to be included. Maybe they worked out the legal issues finally."

Answer from Adam: "I'm good but I'm not that good."

6) No main characters

Adam from EEarth: "Generally speaking Hasbro does not debut main characters as an exclusive. It has been known to happen from time to time, but rarely for their toy debut. I don't really see anything we've done as being specifically the adult collector, but I always aspire to do something good for the fan who has seen it all and also wants it all."

7) No Episode 1 stuff. No connection to the Sandcrawler either

EntEarthAdam: "I wouldn't read into the Sandcrawler too much. But I will do you the benefit of saying that nothing in here is (intentionally, if at all) from Episode I."

8- Tatooine or not Tatooine, that is the question

From Adam from EEarth: "There are characters from Tatooine who might not be too far from those locations, but there are characters from other planets too."

So what we can see right now:

- No astromech repaints (GOOD!!!)
- No Cliegg Lars
- No Episode 1 figures (I can live with that)
- Protocol droids (ok, but how can these be not repaint??)
- Not all from Tatooine or seen on Tatooine
- No main characters
- No EU and Rebels stuff

As far as guesses, here are mine:

- 1 Jawa repack straight from the last TBS wave
- 1 Gonk droid repaint (Lars Homestead blue version)
- 1 astromech with a new dome head
- 1 or 2 new protocol droids (I'd really wish for a SA 3-PO based on the BAD mold
- Tortured droid from Jabba's Palace

I would LOVE to see the GA-97 Resistance spy droid from E7 (the Maz Castle Takodana scene), but I doubt this will ever happen.

Or why not a new version of the Probe Droid? But again, my hopes are way too high... :/
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:20:43 PM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 20, 2016, 07:55:57 PM »

Well its revealed. A bunch of astromechs.

Adam is the "fun loving toy suit" bringing us more astromech droids.

First reaction is boooooring. Especially at the price. $20+ per figure for astromech droids... not exactly great value.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 20, 2016, 07:58:14 PM »

Just saw the exclusive droid set......LOL.......PASS! :sign0065:
Check it out on JTA
Ps- see the new black series 3.75" rouge one figures
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:01:28 PM by DarthDerek »
:star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008: :star-wars-smiley-008:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 20, 2016, 08:06:27 PM »

Yep, I'm a "no" to this set as well. Astromechs are awesome, but this isn't close to convincing me I need a set of these particular ones.

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 20, 2016, 08:24:06 PM »

Well , after reading the first hours worth of comments on JTA s site regarding ee droid exclusive, it's an overwhelming letdown. This tells me at some point (maybe a year from now) you will be able to buy these at a big discount.  :Sabers-02:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 20, 2016, 08:59:10 PM »

Hundreds & hundreds of people preordered I would imagine, I wonder if they're able to cancel.  :confused0024:

DarthDerek

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 20, 2016, 09:26:56 PM »

Yeah, I read that all ees preorders are cancel able. Many were saying to preorder because it's a no brainer..... "Just cancel if it sucks" .  I think many will cancel, or at least lower their 3-4 orders to just 1. Just my 2 cents. :cool0037:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 20, 2016, 09:50:09 PM »

Hundreds & hundreds of people preordered I would imagine, I wonder if they're able to cancel.  :confused0024:

It was mentioned in the comments that people can definitely cancel.  I think this is going to be a disaster for EE (and Adam).  It was well-intentioned, but collectors wanted Jabba's goons or cantina aliens or EU characters or BaD 3PO... not just astromech repaints.

Edit: JTA seems to suggest VotC IS still on the horizon but...
Probably 2017 for the 40th anniversary of Star Wars unless it has officially been cancelled. If I were Hasbro and saw this thread I would cancel it too. Hasbro said it was a matter of when, not if. It was supposed to be out last year but got pushed out.... probably for the 40th anniversary. Their whole calendar got shifted and last I heard Hasbro Direct is shopping it around to a retailer (it will be an exclusive, and an EXPENSIVE one), so if you think this set is too pricey, well, just throw in the towel now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 10:34:08 PM by napseeker »
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 20, 2016, 11:57:52 PM »

so much hype for this? definitely a marketing disaster.

They should have just revealed it from the get go without getting everyone's hopes up.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 21, 2016, 12:45:22 AM »

so much hype for this? definitely a marketing disaster.

They should have just revealed it from the get go without getting everyone's hopes up.
Agreed. I find people's reactions amusing on some of the websites. Such extremes!
But yes I think in Adam's enthusiasm he oversold the product to a level of expectation that could never be met. I didn't have high hopes as I am a realist but I did not expect all six to just be astromechs. All the talk of SA and VOTC led folks to think more. As much as technically these are VOTC and SA, astromechs do not compare to other SA figures. And at that price point... it's a tough one to swallow 

I have no interest in 4 of the droids. And great interest in the two OT droids. They are right in my wheel house for collecting. But I will have to buy 6 to get the two. Perhaps I can split with someone. Or I'll get a set and sell the extras... either way I will have to find a way to get the two I want.

So in the end... cool two new droids! And crap these are gonna be expensive!!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 73   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2021
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169357
  • Total Topics: 14374
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 72
Total: 74

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 39 queries.