Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 06:30:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

18 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mega AT-AT Hoth Battle @ CRToys  (Read 15200 times)

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No, you're the one with the bad motivator, wanker.
    • View Profile
Mega AT-AT Hoth Battle @ CRToys
« on: October 09, 2006, 12:38:51 PM »

I thought I would start this thread here at Snowtroopers (in the SWM section as no one else is using it) to discuss the imminent approach of Ryan's CRToys Mega AT-AT Hoth Battle!  Sorry for jumping the gun Ryan with the announcement, but after reading about the 9000 point Seps Vs Reps battle on the Wizards boards I just got too excited. :party0053: :Sabers-02:

From reading about Ewokhunter92's experience as well as other Hoth battles in the past, if this thing is going to be able to be played out in a day, army size shouldn't be skies the limit as much as I'd love it to be, I'm sure you'd rather not have your whole store taken over by minis for more than a day (more than usual, I mean). :speechless-smiley-004:

I thought the way that Ewokhunter92 gave round by round updates was great and I would volunteer to make the postings as well as take/post pictures  of the whole thing, as the battle unfolds! :D
I would also volunteer the use of my AT-AT(s), AT-ST(s) and maps.

Right on.  I am anxious to hear anyone's thoughts on the matter, I know you've got them rattling in your head, let them loose!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:40:05 AM by R5Don4 »
George Lucas says: For the love of Star Wars give me your money!!

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
Re: Mega AT-AT Hoth Battle @ CRToys
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 03:23:19 PM »

ouch time then is this going to be pure rebel vs imp or shall we have fringe on a side as well because you know just as well as i do that i love playing my fetts >=D

SomeDJ

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:48:14 PM »

I really hope this'll be on a day I'm available. Either way I got a ton of figs you guys could use for this. Lemme know if you'll need them.

CRTOYS

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • CRTOYS
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:53:51 PM »

Yep it all sounds good to me, as for date/time that will have to be determined, but seeing as I already have some volunteers it shouldn't be too hard.

I appreciate all the help, and use of your pieces (I am sure we will need A LOT!!). We will get this all worked out (hopefully sooner than later).  :)`

Jacen_Solo88 no not Fetts would be there, sorry.  :shakehead:

Ryan
CRToys & Collectibles
 :artoo:

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 10:31:14 PM »

pfffffffffff then im vader <.<

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 12:02:19 AM »

:party0007:
I'm really glad everyone is into it.

So with no Fringe support the Rebels are going to have a real uphill battle.

What kind of other squad restrictions are we going to impose?  Should Thrawn sit it out too?

I'm thinking the bare minimum to be at least 1000 pts per side.  I would be leary about getting too large though.

It might be cool to try this Battlefront Style, with 10 outposts over two to four maps, with deployment of reserves at increasing increments.

Should this be objective based or kill em all?

I would like it to be fun for the younger players but I don't know if they will be able to stay interested over a long period of time, these big battles can be quite grueling.

What do you guys say?

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 12:38:04 AM »

i say you let me bring in my time spirial of sith lords to make it more fun =D (exar\bane\malak\nihilus\quilic what fun!) or we could just have only the people from hoth but then the rebels have no chance what so ever of wining against at-at's

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 11:03:32 AM »

LOL Kurt, those Sith Lords sure would make quick work of cutting up those tin cans and end the battle real quick... once they got behind the Fire Arc that is :winking0071: 
I can just see Exar Kun now, leading a charge of 30 Wampas down the Ice Plain coming down on the Imperial horde. :rollfloorlaffsmiley:   :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers:

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 04:42:10 PM »

ITS OOOOOOOOOOON the wampa's will have rancor and krayt back up for the record along with bane being the pain in the ass he is and  :explosion: all your units in his path GAHAHAHAHA *i reallly like sith*

CRTOYS

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • CRTOYS
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 06:47:58 PM »

I think that I am going to try and stick with actual people/vehicles that were at the battle (no Thrawn).  But now I need to get TONS of Rebels and Snowtroopers.... anyone looking to trade some!?!  :)

Ryan
CRToys & Collectibles

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »

uh me? but ill be play the rebel side with luke\han\chewie probely =P we need a wedge for the battle tho and some pilots for when the speeders die the pilots get out (2 per speeder)

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 11:34:33 PM »

I had no idea you were such a purist Ryan.  So we are going to limit squads to the following pieces (I know there is no Han- but there isn't a Hoth Han :confused0024:).

Everyone that can participate and lend pieces please post in this thread the quantity of the following non-uniques that we can use.  As for Uniques it won't be a problem, but we will need tons of non-uniques if this is going to be a huge pure Hoth themed battle.
If we can't get a decent army together we might have to reconsider our purist policy.

3 Pilots from Don, 1 from Brian, 7 from SomeDJ, 4 from Darth Barberous, 1 from Jordan, 3 from Knighthart, and 1 from W the PPDB, and 2 from Ryan that's 22 so far of 10 needed  :D  :party0007: :rockon: :party0007: :luke:

3 Rebel Officers from Don, 1 from SomeDJ, 1 from Darth Barberous, 1 from Jordan, 3 from Knighthart, 5 from Ryan, and 1 from W the PPDB makes 15 so far of 14 needed  :party0008: :rockon: :D

3 Hoth Troopers from Don, 1 from Greg and 2 from Kurt, 3 from SomeDJ, 3 from Darth Barberous and 7 from Ryan  makes 17 so far of 15 needed  :yoda: :u: :party0007:

6 Elite Hoth Troopers from Don, 3 from SomeDJ, 3 from Infinity and 2 from Ryan makes 14 so far 22 needed

2 Atgars from Don, 1 from Infinity and 1 from SomeDj so far makes 4 of 6 needed

3 Speeders from Don, 1 Speeder from Kurt, 1 Speeder form Marvin, 1 Speeders from SomeDJ, 3 from Ryan that's 9 so far 33 needed  -not really an issue as we've agreed to use proxy terrain tiles :speechless-smiley-004:

4 AT-STs from Don, 3 from Ryan, 1 from Kurt, 2 from SomeDJ that's 10 so far of 7 needed :party0007:

2 AT-ATs from Don, 1 from SomeDJ and 1 from that other dude makes 4 so far of 4 needed   :party0007:

9 Snowtroopers from Don, 16 from Ryan, 1 from Brian and 1 from Greg, 8 from SomeDJ, 1 from Darth Barberous, 1 from Conrad and 1 from W the PPDB makes 38 so far of 30 needed  :party0053: :rockon: :rockon: :party0007: :party0053:

6 Elite Snowtroopers from Don, 2 from Ryan and 3? from Greg, 1 from SomeDJ, 1 from Cut & Paste, 4 from Infinity so far makes 17 of 25 needed  :indifferent0020: :star-wars-smiley-026:

2 E-Webs from Don, 1 from SomeDJ and 3 from Ryan, 1 from Infinity makes 7 so far of 7 needed   :fighting0003: :party0053: :party0053:

2 Probots from Don, 1 from SomeDJ and 1 from Ryan makes 4 so far 13 needed  :(

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 11:16:40 PM by R5Don4 »

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 12:03:31 AM »

I thought I would post picutres of the maps to help us decide how we were going to lay out the battle.
There are some weird features of these maps, like the trenches, the built in towers and Atgars.  I think the Rebels could use a terrain tile bunker to give their commanders a little extra protection.

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 02:35:54 AM »

for luke lets run the jedi master i suggest to keep things at least semi-winable for the rebels since Lord Vader is the darth from esb also i got han rebel hero so he fits in plus he boosts the rebel troops up so at least we will have a fight instead of at-at rape

CRTOYS

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • CRTOYS
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 03:58:11 AM »

33 Snowspeeders!?! Are you kidding me!  :scared0008:

33 snowspeeders would add up to over the 1000 mark, but we will figure this out.

4 maps sound good, you have 2 AT-AT's, do you have the 2 maps?  I can possibly open 2 Colossal Packs  :tongue0024: or I will look for more maps.  I have 3 AT-ST's, but 2 are dirty from the Attack on Endor Pack, maybe a custom job... white covering the dirt.  :)

Many details to figure out, I will do my best to track down the snowtroopers and rebel troopers...*sigh* so excited, but so much work to do.  :)`

Ryan
CRToys & Collectibles
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170184
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 18
Total: 20

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 38 queries.