Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 05:35:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

51 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Mega AT-AT Hoth Battle @ CRToys  (Read 14207 times)

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
Re: Mega AT-AT Hoth Battle @ CRToys
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 04:03:32 AM »

you forget the fact i have an at-st from universe\ a snow speeder\lots of rebel heavy trooper and captians =D along with stormys(they can replace snowtroopers if we run short lol)

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No, you're the one with the bad motivator, wanker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 10:49:44 AM »

The army needs I posted are for 2000 point armies on each side.  Of course the army sizes/build will have to change depending on what we can get our hands on.

I think for the Rebels to have a chance they will need 33 Speeders to get past the AT-ATs Fire Arc alive, Leia commander effect will be the Rebels greatest asset.

Please post exactly what you can add to the armies and I will modify that post.  I'll start with the AT-ST as  everyone seems to know exactly how many they have. :P
George Lucas says: For the love of Star Wars give me your money!!

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »

:rollfloorlaffsmiley: lol i just found 1 hoth trooper in my rebel bin =D oh and dont forget to add my snowspeeder

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 09:38:53 PM »

I added your Hoth Trooper Kurt.

We still have a long, long way to go.

Where's Greg?

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 10:29:55 PM »

no clue

CRTOYS

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • CRTOYS
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 02:48:09 AM »

Greg doesn't post much, I got some stuff today, some more stuff being shipped, and more stuff in negotiations... hehe, we will get there.  I wonder how many Snowspeeders SomeDJ has?  :)

Ryan
CRToys & Collectibles

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 02:50:30 PM »

i would say 1 - 5 or so considering there REALLY hard to pull.

SomeDJ

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 09:17:11 PM »

I have 3 snowspeeders

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 11:10:36 PM »

Great!  Thanks SomeDJ.  I've updated the count post to include your Speeders.  What else do you have?

What specifically did you get this week Hoth themed, Ryan? 

I'm anxious to get those numbers climbing.  Our numbers are just looking down right sad at present. :sad0064:

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 01:28:14 AM »

I thought I would post picutres of the maps to help us decide how we were going to lay out the battle.
There are some weird features of these maps, like the trenches, the built in towers and Atgars.  I think the Rebels could use a terrain tile bunker to give their commanders a little extra protection.

Okay so remember when I said these maps had some weird features we would have to work out?

Here they are, straight out of the AT-AT Scenario Book:

Base Entrances

These areas are marked on the grid; 3 sides of a Base Entrance are solid walls and the last is a door, which opens and closes in the normal way.  A character in a Rebel squad can enter the base by moving onto a Base Entrace square behind a door and then moving 1 more square. Remove these characters from the battle grid and set them aside to indicate that they are inside Echo Base.  Characters inside the base can't attack or be attacked, but if all Rebel characters outside the bse are defeated, those inside are also defeated.

A character inside the base can exit on a later round: Place it in any Base Entrance square (even if it's on a different batle grid from whre the character entered the base) immediately before your first activation for the round.  The character can then open the door and move as normal.

A character on a Base Entrance square can remain on the grid instead of entering the base.  It gains protection from walls and closed doors but is also subject to attack through open doors.

Trenches

A square containing a trench has a red outline.

Movement:  It costs twice as much to move into or out of a squae containing a trench, unless moving from 1 square to another within the same trench terrain.  (So it would cost 4 squares to move out of a trench square into a square containing low objects or difficult terrain.)

Line of Sight:  Trenches do not block line of sight.

Cover: A trench square provides Improved Cover to characters on it.  Improved Cover works just like cover, with the following exceptions.  If the attack crosses a red line, the target gets a +6 bonus to Defense.  If the attack comes from a square with in the trench and does not cross a red line the target gets only a +4 bonus to Defense as normal cover.  Squares containing trenches and characters entirely in trenches do not grant cover to characters outside of the trenches; however, a character in a trench adjacent to one outside a trench is still considered to be adjacent.  An attacking character ignores trenches in the space it occupies and in adjacent squares when determining cover.

Towers  (Map featured Atgar Cannons)

Both sides of the battle grid have P-Tower locations (labeled "Tower"), whose squares count as low objects.  These towers can't activate, but Rebel characters adjacent to it can attack with the laser cannon.  Instead of taking their normal turn, 1 or 2 adjacent Rebel characters activate to fire the laser cannon.  These characters don't do anything with their activation other than firing, and they can't activate again that round.  They give up their turns for the round to make this special attack.  Just as with combined fire, activating characters to fire the laser cannon uses up 1 of your activations for that phase; you could activate another Rebel character to do something else.  The laser cannon can only be fired once per round.

The laser cannon fires with a +3 Attack.  The amount of damage it deals depends on how many characters are activating.

1 character: 20 Damage

2 characters: 30 Damage

For the purpose of combined fire, treat the tower as a character with Mounted Weapon special ability; only allies with Gunner can combine fire with it.

Towers have a 90-degree arc of fire.  Characters outside of this arc, even if they are adjacent to the Tower space, are not legal targets.

An enemy with line of sight to any of its squares can attack a tower.  A tower has a defense of 8 and 80 Hit Points.  However it is Disabled if it takes 40 or more points of damage, nd its laser can no longer be fired.  Place a Disabled counter on the Tower space to mark this.  Allied characters can remove damage with Industrial Repair special ability: If total damage is reduced below 40 the laser once again becomes operational.  If a tower takes 80 points of damage, it is destroyed and can no longer be repaired.  Place a Destroyed counter on the Tower space to mark this.

Turrets

One side of the battle grid has blaster cannon emplacements (labeled "Turret"), whose squares count as walls.

A turret can activate once per round to fire its blaster cannon; it has +6 Attack and 40 Damage.  Treat a turret as a charater with Mounted Weapon special ability; only allies with Mounted Weapon or adjacent allies with Gunner can combine fire with it.

A turret has a 180-degree arc of fir.  Characters outside this arc of fire, even if they are adjacent to the Turret space, are not legal targets. 

An enemy with line of sight to any of its squares can attack a turret.  A turret has a Defense of 12 and 120 Hit Points.  It also has Damage Reduction 10: Whenever the turret takes damage from any source other than  an enemy with a lightsaber, reduce the damage dealt by 10 points.  Allied characters can remove damage with Industrial Repair special ability.  If a turret takes 120points of damage it is destroyed and can no longer be repaired.  Place a Destroyed counter on the Turret space to mark this.

Deflector Sheild Generator

The squares within the Deflector Sheild Generator section of the grid count as walls.  An enemy with line of sight to any of its squares can attack the sheild generator.  The sheild generator has  a Defense of 8 and 600 Hit Points.  It also has Damage Reduction 10:  Whenever the generator takes damagae from any source other than an enemy with a lightsaber, reduce the damage dealt by 10 points.  Damage to the shield generator cannot be repaired.

Woowee, my hands are sore from typing all that and my eyes a buggy from reading it all.  So what are we going to keep, what do you want to throw out?  Are we going to make the Turrets and Towers have a point cost and put that toward the Rebels army point total? 

You can see now why this set generated so much  >:(  and   :mad0177: and  :shakehead: among the minis community when it came out last year.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 11:20:16 PM by R5Don4 »

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 01:48:06 AM »

why do iget the feeling this is going to be one of those games we will all end up killing each other affter?

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 11:21:40 PM »

As long as it's not during. :fighting0072:

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 11:39:55 PM »

:fight: ITS ONNNNN

R5Don4

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 01:54:49 AM »

Kurt, I think it will go a little something like this?

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2006, 02:21:45 AM »

naw my saber can deflect it!\ BRING LEIA AND R2-D2 TOMORROW! lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169117
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 37 queries.