Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 06:49:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

27 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is more evil? jedi or the sith?  (Read 3608 times)

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
What is more evil? jedi or the sith?
« on: December 09, 2006, 06:18:37 AM »

So People what side do you think is really more evil? the jedi who refuse to end things like slaveing because it would be "interfearing" since it dosent effect them or even see nothing but the light side and consider anyone who even uses the darkside to save them selves "tainted or Evil" and they try to kill them. The Sith on the other hand seem to bring peace the galaxy even if it through means that arnt exactly fair *cough palpy cough* . There where sith such as darth Revan who saught to bring the greater good for the galaxy even if he died to bring it he wanted peace and nothing more and was willing to throw every thing away to get it. (sadly in the movies we only see the insainly power hungery sith)

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
Re: What is more evil? jedi or the sith?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 11:21:36 AM »

To quote a well-known Jedi, it "depend(s) entirely on our point of view".

Personally, I think the Sith are much like Hitler with the Empire resembling Germany circa WWII.  They want peace and order, but only if it is they way they see it, exterminating people they don't think should be around, etc., etc.

The Jedi, while flawed (like all heros) at least want to do what is right and promote "peace and justice in the galaxy" (quote from our same Jedi friend!).

So, for me, hands down, the Jedi are less evil (and in fact not evil at all).   

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 12:39:55 AM »

dude the jedi are more like hitler all the way! i mean look at windu.....he wanted to kill palpy with out a trial....Anakin was right the jedi where evil.

CloneCommander1138

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 11:20:10 PM »

Except the fact that Palpy destroyed an entire order of peace-keepers, creating a massive war killing millions of innecents, clones, and jedi, and sending the galactic republic that stood for millenia (to qoute the sith lord himself), and turning it into a tyranical empire where suffering and death was frequent. Who is the more evil now, sure the Jedi have their problems, but no-ones perfect. The definition of jedi is good, and sith is evil, they know it we know and we observe it in the movies. THE SITH ARE MUCH MORE EVIL! Mace was right to try to kill Sidious, he had just killed three jedi knights beside him and assaulted him, it can be looked as self-defence, also, sidious is EVIL. Anikan is currupt enough not to see the evil.... I could go on and on,  but.... Jedi=good, sith=bad. Oh, and Revan turned Jedi, btw... all sith are power hungry.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 11:21:41 PM by CloneCommander1138 »
CC1138

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 01:59:54 AM »

Not ALL sith i suggest you look @ revan's goals well he was dark he dident care if he won or lost as long as the republic got stronger. As for palpy and Darth "crybaby" Vader they where 2 pathetic sith lords neather all that powerfull compared to the old sith.

richd

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I ain't no stinkin' llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 02:28:51 AM »

dude the jedi are more like hitler all the way! i mean look at windu.....he wanted to kill palpy with out a trial....Anakin was right the jedi where evil.

Palpy controlled the courts so Mace knew he would never be taken down. I think with all the things he'd done (war on Naboo, the Clone wars, death of many jedi, etc.) Mace was left with no choice . . . Also, he did try to "arrest" him and Palpatine resisted and attacked.

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 06:38:47 PM »

his "arrest" was with saber on and IF palpy had let them do you think he would of lived to get out of his own office even? Besides Look at Jacen he isent a bad guy just because he is a sith lord.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 09:28:13 PM »

As for palpy and Darth "crybaby" Vader they where 2 pathetic sith lords neather all that powerfull compared to the old sith.

I disagree.  From what I have come across, Plapatine is most likely the most powerful Sith of all time.  Darth Bane returned to the philosophy and practises of the ancient Sith Lords, and passed that learning on down the line eventually to Palpatine.  He had all the secrets of the ancient Sith, plus incredible power in the Force, and incredibly intelligent.  Not even Yoda was a match for him.

As for Anakin/Vader - he had the potential to be the most powerful of all.  Even in ROTS, he was very nearly the most powerful Jedi.  The novel attests to this.  However, he let the Darkness blind him to the truth, and to his own limitations which lead to his near death.  Even with this, he remained the only one able to defeat Palpatine and bring balance t the Force.

CloneCommander1138

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 03:51:59 PM »

I have to agree with brianakarobin...
CC1138

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 12:15:40 AM »

As for palpy and Darth "crybaby" Vader they where 2 pathetic sith lords neather all that powerfull compared to the old sith.

I disagree.  From what I have come across, Plapatine is most likely the most powerful Sith of all time.  Darth Bane returned to the philosophy and practises of the ancient Sith Lords, and passed that learning on down the line eventually to Palpatine.  He had all the secrets of the ancient Sith, plus incredible power in the Force, and incredibly intelligent.  Not even Yoda was a match for him.

As for Anakin/Vader - he had the potential to be the most powerful of all.  Even in ROTS, he was very nearly the most powerful Jedi.  The novel attests to this.  However, he let the Darkness blind him to the truth, and to his own limitations which lead to his near death.  Even with this, he remained the only one able to defeat Palpatine and bring balance t the Force.

The more powerfull sith lord is most likely Marka Ragnos for the record Or Darth Revan for the pure fact...its revan.....as for Vader tho.....he isent that powerfull over all he COULD of been but he screwed him self over by trying to take on obi-wan.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 07:41:12 PM »

The more powerfull sith lord is most likely Marka Ragnos for the record Or Darth Revan for the pure fact...its revan

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... :)`  I don't think either of them are as powerful as Palpatine, though, and certainly not as cunning.

Witch King of Angmar

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Lord of Morgul
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »

The more powerfull sith lord is most likely Marka Ragnos for the record Or Darth Revan for the pure fact...its revan

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... :)`  I don't think either of them are as powerful as Palpatine, though, and certainly not as cunning.

well...Cunning wise palpatine takes the take since he basically had the jedi destroy them selves. Power wise it is not palpatine which is stated in a few things saying he isent  will try to find the link for them when i have time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170184
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 27
Total: 31

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 38 queries.