Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 07:05:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

28 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rare Piece.....  (Read 2337 times)

Darklighter67

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Rare Piece.....
« on: August 29, 2003, 11:52:47 AM »

I was wondering what everyone out there has as a rare piece in their collection.

Me .myself I have the Palitoy version of the cardboard Death Star that I was given back in 89.Since I wasn't into collecting much it just sat around.A few times I was actually tempted to crack it open but I never bothered.Good thing Eh?

OrionGreen

• Empire
  • Recruit
  • I'm no llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Rare Piece.....
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 01:03:53 PM »

My rarest piece would have to be my vintage die-cast TIE Bomber.  I had to wait for the "ebay age" to even see one of these things, and i snatched the first one that I could bid on.

trooper

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 02:19:05 PM »

I have some rare piece but the most rarest I have is

master replicas Obi wan Clean version only 500
maded

Darklighter67

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 03:10:40 PM »

T.I.E.Bomber eh?
Check this out..... just after I got back into collecting and I started hitting shows and hunting down garage sales I was in a town called Dundas,Ont. there to check out a toy show.Small beyond belief.Must of had 40 tables(maybe).
Well one guy sold me the Rebel Command Center for 20.00.And another guy had all his loose figs at a buck a piece.Sure most were showing wear and tear but still ..I grabbed'em all and after a few more things that I picked up I saw on a table a T.I.E. Bomber.Now the asking price was 60.00 and back then I thought that it was a bit high plus I was almost broke.I really had no idea that it was so rare.It was in cherry condition.The box was in great shape.To this day I kick myself for not picking it up.

CMan1138

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 04:20:22 PM »

I have the Cinemacast Darth Vader Statue, the one behind good 'ol GL in the featuretes on the Special Edition VHS. ;D Looks great by my tv. Got it for my birthday from my ex. Was about one of the only things she did right.  :P

BEADLE

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Your pal, Beadle
    • View Profile
    • TIKI BAR TV !
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 06:17:58 PM »

OUCH !!!

Your pal,
Beadle

themailman

• Postal
  • Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • "You'll Never Walk Alone"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 06:56:52 PM »

Rare. toughie, would we say rare do to production #'s or what Lee's guide values the toy at?

My complete FF (US Carded) collection, is valued highly.

But so is my SW 1978 Boxed X-wing as old 'rare'.

I don't really have anything in low production #'s........but prolly the 2" waves 1 and 2.
Burlington, Ontario

Jedi Force

• Snowtroopers.ca
  • Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • My ally is the force and a powerful ally it is!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2003, 02:02:40 AM »

I guess mine would be my '84 Kellog C-3PO poster. It is not in perfect shape but it still looking good on my wall.

That is about the only vintage stuff I got. When I was young, I liked the Star Wars movies a lot but Star Wars action figures were not easy too find (the vintage line stopped in 85 I think? So I was 5 at that time) so I had many Transformers and Ghostbusters figures instead.

OrionGreen

• Empire
  • Recruit
  • I'm no llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2003, 03:50:53 AM »

Oh Darklighter, that is a sad story.  Even if the box was in any kind of shape, you could get hundreds for it today.  I did a quick Google and it looks like one of these "C-6 with cracked bubble, resealed" sold for US$495 at Brianstoys.  A C-8.5/9 one sold for US$1295.  It has been a while since I have even seen one on Ebay.  Very sad story.

I don't actually know if these are fair market values, or if Brianstoys is super expensive, but I think that they are in the ballpark.  Here's a link if you want to see for yourself:

http://www.brianstoys.com/acatalog/Collectible_Toys_Die_Cast_Vehicles_Packaged_145.html

Want to hear my sad story?  I had the Sears version of the Palitoy Death Star that you first posted about, as well as the other Kenner DS, Land of the Jawas, Cantina, etc. and I kept them in good condition in their respective boxes.  Then, when I went to university, I gave it to my youngest brother, he who had been lusting after my SW stuff all of his life.  Oh, he'll take good care of it, I tells myself, he loves it more than I do, I says.  Long story short, I came back one weekend, and he had sold it all in a garage sale.  50 each.  
I still give him a <RenHoek>You EEEdiot!</RenHoek> every once on awhile.

Oh well, at least I kept my vintage figures...

Darklighter67

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2003, 07:38:38 AM »

OrionGreen...I feel your pain.Give your brother a power wedgie for me ..would ya.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169129
  • Total Topics: 14345
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 28
Total: 31

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 38 queries.