Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 07:31:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My eBay story...  (Read 1940 times)

bly715

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
My eBay story...
« on: May 10, 2007, 10:13:50 PM »

After reading Jek's ebay story, I just had to post my experience as well.

I sold an item on ebay to someone in Germany on April 23, 2007.  I received payment on April 24 via paypal and shipped the item on April 27.  On May 8, the winning bidder from Germany puts a hold on his paypal payment claiming he has not received his item.  WTF?

International shipping takes 10-14 business days via Air Mail.  I'm kind of pissed off and now I understand why some people don't ship outside of North America.  They just don't want to deal with stuff like this...

Jek, I'm glad you had the patience of 3 weeks to follow up.  This guy from Germany couldn't even wait 2 weeks to get his item.

My paypal account is now negative.  Is there anything I could do?  Or must I wait for the German to retract his claim against me?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:15:52 PM by bly715 »

General Yoda

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Disa Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: My eBay story...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 10:17:02 PM »

yeah people are idiots on Ebay.. i give shipping a month at most (U.S to Canada).. then I start asking, "well where is it?" Crap happens that could hold the item up.. and I stay in contact with the seller.. ive only ever had a few negative experiences but I turned them into positive ones...

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 07:03:30 PM »

I had one guy in Holland bent right out of shape over a magazine. He bought it from me, and paid for surface shipping - I told him to expect a 2 month delay, based on what I was told at the post office... and it took just about that long to get there. I couldn't believe it was that slow.

Alexandertrooper

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • the sand is where its at.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 02:25:07 PM »

I haven't sold yet on ebay but I'm had alot of bad luck with buying.  The first time my wife and I did ebay we bought a emp. shuttle from a guy in the states.  Sent him the money the next time through canada post with a tracking number and everything.  He cashed the money order 2 weeks later then told ebay I was a none payer.  Although I sent ebay everything to prove I paid they didn't listen and banned me for 2 months.  Later I found out he reposted it and sold it again.  But besides that most of my problems have ben with canada post both losing money orders or the stuff.

bly715

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 08:42:59 AM »

Update:

The guy is demanding a refund.  It's not even one month after the auction (which was April 23).  What should I do? 
1.  Tell him to be patient
2.  Issue a refund
3.  Nuts to him, I shipped it and that's the end of the transaction
4.  Any other sugguestions?

richd

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I ain't no stinkin' llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 09:01:52 AM »

Update:

The guy is demanding a refund.  It's not even one month after the auction (which was April 23).  What should I do? 
2.  Issue a refund

Tell him to be patient! I shipped a package to France and it took a LONG time to get there. The guy just has to settle down and wait. If you know you shipped it  you shouldn't have to refund for a post office mistake (unless you have stated otherwise in your auction description).

RD

Darth Straus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 02:06:22 PM »

Update:

2.  Issue a refund

Numbers 1 and 3.  If you shipped it do not refund him. 

Chronos

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • I embrace the Dark Side!
    • View Profile
    • ZaEmpera no Burogu | The_Emperor's Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 06:49:37 PM »

Like most already said, don't refund his money.
Once you shipped, it's likely going to get there... it's just a matter of time.

I once shipped a parcel to Singapore and it took almost 3 months to get there. When the person contacted me again saying it hasn't come yet, it arrived just 3 days after he contacted me. (...though he wasn't demanding a refund... he said he knew of the risk of overseas shipping and was willing to take that risk)

Anyway, happy ending... but it took a LOT of waiting.

The moral I learned... NEVER ship overseas again.  :shakehead:

But when overseas buyers do contact me and ask/beg me to make exceptions, I ask them to agree that I will not be liable under any circumstances if the parcel is lost during overseas shipping. And of course, I save that email/PM/message/whatever in my records just in case.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:52:06 PM by chronos88 »
★★★★★ MY CURRENT WANTS (& HAVES): ★★★★★
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=15727.0

FamilyMan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 09:37:48 PM »

I just had someone email me saying they hand't recieved an item they won yet, yet 5 days ago he left me feedback saying everything was great nice packaging fast shipping, I emailed him back and he is denying ever sending that feedback..
Want to make your own costumes? have little to no budget? visit me at http://costumesarecool.weebly.com/ for some great tips, helpfull adivise and tutorials..

richd

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I ain't no stinkin' llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 10:08:07 PM »

I just had someone email me saying they hand't recieved an item they won yet, yet 5 days ago he left me feedback saying everything was great nice packaging fast shipping, I emailed him back and he is denying ever sending that feedback..

How bizarre! Although I have seen negatives posted on eBay with the reply "wrong package/person" before. Maybe they're doing so many deals thwy get all mixed up. How can the guy deny it, isn't feedback permanent unless you BOTH agree to remove it? How can he deny what's in your feedback forum?

FamilyMan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 07:30:24 AM »

tell me about it, I don't think he has a leg to stand on. I have 103 feedback all possitive a total of around 147 possitive feedbacks, and now this guy is doing what he is doing..
Want to make your own costumes? have little to no budget? visit me at http://costumesarecool.weebly.com/ for some great tips, helpfull adivise and tutorials..

Steve@Legends

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Everybody is entitled to MY opinion !
    • View Profile
    • Legends Action Figures
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 07:35:31 AM »

The problem now with ebay is it is too well known and too user friendly. Anybody can improvise themselves sellers although they have no experience. I think ebay should have tutorials for that and mostly, tutorial for new registered buyers. You can not believe the amount of users with under 5 feedbacks we've had problems with recently. The bid on items or use buy it Now,..then a week later when you remind them for payments they're all like" I don't really want the item anymore,..please cancel my order" ??? What order,..it's an auction!!! And the new feedback system is garbage, all the new users that have no clue about how shipping works? Some guy bought a cd from me and left me a neg. 2 days after purchase cause he hadn't received it yet,..hello shipping doesn't happen overnight unless you pay for overnight shipping. Some people are way too fast on the chargeback thing or on the threats of contacting ebay. I think ebay shouldn't allow buyers to leave feedback until at least 2 weeks after the transaction occured...it would save a lot of time consuming arguing. That's my opinion, but a license to buy or sell on ebay would make sense right now. It's not what it use to be either,...there's a lot more sellers then buyers now.

Styrofoam_Guy

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Styrofoam Guy
    • View Profile
    • Alex's Web Site
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 09:18:47 AM »

I have bought a lot from ebay with little problem.  I sold only one itemand it went to South Africa.  The guy emailed me and really wanted what I was seling so I let him bid.  Well he won and I sent him the item.  Of course it was also just before Christmas and the holiday mail also slowed things down.

He kept emailng me saying he did not get it yet and I also kept emailing him asking if he got it yet.

He finally got it and thank goodness he was an honest buyer and was willing to wait.

From that experience I don't think I want to sell outside North America unless it is a special special circumstance.  If sending something out I would want things that can be tracked.  And lastly most likely I will not sell anything on ebay again unless it is really worth it.

Someone who wants to screw you will screw you no matter what you do.  Unfortunately there are people out there doing that all the time

Darth Woo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 12:06:58 PM »

It's unfortunate for people like that.  Some people are new at buying and they freak out if the item doesn't come in like 2 weeks.  I bought a G.I.Joe Detonator off a guy in the US and after a month, it still didn't come.  I filed a complaint in Paypal and I stated to the guy that I know sometimes it is slow for shipping and that I'm only filing the complaint to protect myself and that I was not looking for a refund until the last day for me to file to close the dispute with Paypal, but that I filed the dispute just to protect myself.  Next day, he gave me a refund.  He's a great seller.  I emailed him back and told him that I wasn't looking for a refund and just wanted to protect myself in case it really did get lost in the mail.  So I told him I'd take the refund and if it does show up, I would pay him again.  Sure enough, it showed up 2 months after I payed for it and he really did ship it right after I paid.  It just took two months.  I Paypaled him back after that and he actually told me not to pay for shipping because it took so long. He was truly a great seller.  Unfortunately though, Canada post and impatient buyers screw everything up for us Canadians and overseas buyers.  I've had people tell me outright that they have too many problems with Canada post so they won't ship to Canada and I've had a few that said they'd send to me after I told them to check out my feedback.  Hopefully everything works out for you.  If the guy is being a  and asking for refund after just 2 weeks, then don't give it to him.  If it was like 1.5 months or 2 months, then yeah, you might have to, but for now, just sit tight.  If you have a tracking number or insurance, make use of it in about a months time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169109
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 74
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61
Total: 61

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 37 queries.