Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 07:54:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 5 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: L-wing  (Read 3708 times)

ace

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
L-wing
« on: July 25, 2007, 01:55:47 AM »

Introducing the L-wing, a planetary tactical superiority starfighter.  The early experimental prototypes were unmanned drones with the final production models modified to support 2 crew members (pilot and nav. com operator/gunner).  Koensayr Corp. designed the lightly armored, medium armed starfighter for the Old Republic.  The L-wing features two dual fixed-wing laser cannons and a nose mounted proton torpedo launcher.  3 sub-light engines give this dogfighter exceptional speed and maneuverbility in close quarters surface and upper atmosphere engagements.

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: L-wing
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 10:28:56 AM »

i think that this looks more like a repulsor-lift ship, rather then a starfighter. seems more like something you'd see chasing droids on STAPs, or speeder bikes.or maybe i'm just not understanding the porportion right.
either way, you're artwork is still amazing :artoo:

ace

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:36:00 PM »

i think that this looks more like a repulsor-lift ship, rather then a starfighter. seems more like something you'd see chasing droids on STAPs, or speeder bikes.or maybe i'm just not understanding the porportion right.
either way, you're artwork is still amazing :artoo:

Those are very good observations CC972!  Without a point of reference (say a pilot, R2 unit or visible cockpit) the scale of the ship can be hard to read.  When I was rendering this I didn't want to do a traditional cockpit so I opted to just call it an automated version and leave it without a glass canopy.  However, without the scale reference it makes it hard to judge how big the ship is.  I always imagine the wingspan of the L-wing to be comparable to the Y-wing.  I think what makes it look like a repulsor-lift ship is the cloud kicking up from the surface (making the ship look like it is skimming the surface of a planet).  That was more of a creative decision during the rednering process as a star feild/black background was deemed too boring.  I wanted the background to be simple (so that the viewer focuses on the design of the object and not the environment), but I think it actually did a diservice as it places the starfighter in the wrong context (as it reads now more like a land speeder).  Those were very good observations, and you pointed out some things that I didn't spend as much time on and totally got called out on  :winking0071:

Thanks for the comments!

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 07:06:17 PM »

this might be part of the reason i found it looked like a ground speeder. it's an old G.I Joe mini plane thing i found, with a custom figure sitting in the cockpit

Swamp Trooper

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I ♥ the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 08:05:30 PM »

:D :D :D Nice Nice Nice
Steam ID: soldatdelair
Xbox Live ID: Ph4nt0m Sn1p3rs
Youtube name: Holidayspecialoo

glorbes

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 09:14:37 PM »

Nice illustration/design.  It reminds me of the Draconion Marauder from the Gil Gerard Buck Rogers series.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170155
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 38 queries.