Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 06:24:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Else Care About Baseball???  (Read 15914 times)

jess

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Else Care About Baseball???
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 04:20:05 AM »

Well the Jays blew another Roy Halladay masterpiece last night, but somehow  managed to shake it off and beat the Yankees in 14 innings. Hopefully they can get hot here and really slow the Bronx Bombers down - the Tigers desperately need their help.  :artoo:

Yeah Gibbons tends to do that a lot, taking out the starter pitcher with the game almost done only to have the bullpen mess it up  :mad0218:

anyways yesterdays game was another marathon (5 hours of  back and forth baseball!) Even though the Yanks managed to win, their pitching staff looked really tired and that might help the Tigers if they could put a string of wins together!

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 03:45:06 PM »

Man, I'm so disappointed the yanks are going into the playoffs. I wanted the jays 1st, but knew a while back it wan't going to happen. The tigers really disappointed with their collapse. I so wanted to be able to root for them in the playoffs, but yet again it's the yanks, bosox and 2 others. Boooring. I just hope the yanks get wiped out in the first round. I guess I'll be cheering for california and cleveland. :shakehead:

iceman

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • THE PASSION THAT UNITES US ALL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 03:25:42 AM »

ok, awesome game tonite to clinch the wildcard in the NL.  I listened to it on my XM radio, and was amazed at how back and forth this game was. Rockies falling behind 8-6 in the top of the 13th only to seal the deal in the bottom of the 13th with 3 runs on no outs. They are far the hottest team going into the playoffs

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »

How about the Red SOx.  It seems the only way for them to win a World Series is to face almost certain elimination - like with the Yanks a few years back (down 3-0, won that series, then won the world series) and this year, after last night (and the fact they have outscored the opposition 43-6 or something like that the past 4 games) they look pretty good after being down 3-1 against Cleveland last round.

Beckett has been a machine, and Schilling is the man when the pressure is on.

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 04:39:23 AM »

Wow, a baseball thread. Cool.
I'm a huge Minnesota Twins fan, have been for the better part of two decades. Went down this year and saw Santana strikeout 17 batters. It was frickin' awesome! I've been to dozens of games over the years and its always a great time.
This offseason isn't looking to good for my Twins though. Hunter is as good as gone and Santana turned down a 5 year, 93 million dollar contract extension. He turned down almost $19 million per year, I can't believe it. They also need to lock up Justin Morneau long term as well, even though they still have some options left on him. We have great pitching even if we trade Santana. Liriano's coming back, and Scott Baker really stepped up this year with a near no-hitter and a bunch of incredible starts. Matt Garza's gonna be great as well and Nathan is as good a closer as the game has today.
On the flip side we can't hit for our lives. We picked up former Tiger Craig Munroe so far this off season and I'm hoping he'll bounce back from a horrible year in 2007. In 2006 he hit 28 homers so he might have some potential. Of course without Hunter the offense will be even worse. Morneau is great but incredibly streaky and Mauer needs to be injury free.
The Twins still have a great young core to the team but this season we need to make an off season splash, be it giving Hunter a five year deal or bringing in somebody like Andru Jones instead(Yeah, like that would happen). I can't wait for spring training :party0007:
www.actionfigurenews.ca

"The Empire will always Sstrike back"-Gilad Pellaeon

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 09:42:46 AM »

Hunter's gone to Anaheim, I'm sorry to say (for your sake Robimus). A Twins fan, eh? I hate the twins!  ;) Actually they're a team I love to hate. They have had a habit of winning when they shouldn't. Kirby Puckett was awsome though.

Doesn't look like the jays will be doing much this off season. Hopefully they'll contend next year. I just wish the Yanks could lose for a decade or two and let some other teams in the playoffs. Oh well.

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 04:12:17 PM »

Yes it seems when I was typing last night Torii was already an Angel :maul: But 18 million a year is a bit steep! Torii is no where near as good as Ichiro. Vernon Wells is the best center fielder in the game anyway, he combines the stellar defence with a great average, homers and RBI's. Your lucky to have him locked up long term.
www.actionfigurenews.ca

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 09:15:06 PM »

Man, unbelievable that Johan would spurn that type of offer.... I think he's had dreams of pinstripes these past couple of years.  :mad0177:

Craig Munro is a great player - too bad he just could not get rolling last year so we had to cut him loose. I was sad to see him go, he was a big part of our push to the WS in 2006.

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 03:07:17 AM »

Twins just got Delmon Young! :artoo: Who was that guy that signed with Anaheim? Torii something.....................already forgotten. Delmon Young was rookie of the year runner up and hit .288 with 13hr and 93 rbi's. He wont even be eligible to be a free agent until 2013. He's 22 years old. Great trade, Harris is an upgraded bat over Bartlett as well. I have hope!!
www.actionfigurenews.ca

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 09:18:58 AM »

Delmon Young is Dmitri Young's little brother - hopefully the apple fell in a different place with him (we had a bit of clubhouse trouble with Dmitri).

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 12:17:17 AM »

Wow! Tigers to get Cabrera and Willis for prospects. Florida is hopeless...............................Guess they will be the early favorite in the central.
www.actionfigurenews.ca

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 12:05:29 PM »

It's thrilling that the Tigers made that trade, but the expectations of the fans (including myself) are now sky-high.

At least no one can say they're not doing everything in their power to win!  :love0030:

Aside: beside Cabrera and Willis, we've also picked up Jacques Jones and Edgar Renteria.... our lineup is rock bloody solid on paper.  :rockon:

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007, 11:01:16 PM »

Just wait till Jacque Jones makes a throw to home plate that ends up in the parking lot :P, other than him all your new players look super. It will be interesting to see who has the better season Munroe or Jacque. Its almost like the Tigers and Twins swapped has-beens once removed...........................
www.actionfigurenews.ca

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 08:58:26 AM »

Hehehe... I'm not sure what they'll wind up doing in left field. If we can't get any good bites on Brandon Inge, maybe they'll stick him out there to platoon with Jones. We've still got Marcus Thames as well.....  :speechless-smiley-004:

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 02:54:11 AM »

Santana to the Mets. I like the look of Carlos Gomez for the Twins, he'll CF and leadoff. Also locked up Morneau for 6 years!!! Bring on spring training!!!!
www.actionfigurenews.ca

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169079
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 37 queries.