Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 07:09:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Else Care About Baseball???  (Read 15958 times)

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Else Care About Baseball???
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 12:45:22 AM »

Ah, spring is here(well sorta, not yet in Winnipeg :P).
Any thoughts by anyone now that the free agents have largely landed?

The Twins top pitcher is in camp and looking good from all accounts despite coming off of Tommy John surgury. Fransisco "Franchise" Liriano is throwing 92 to 95 in his bullpen sessions, with a couple 97's registered during his bullpen sessions in the Dominican Republic. I know they say it takes 2 years for a lot of guys to come back from Tommy John surgury, but Liriano has had about a year and a half already. All my hopes rest on his shoulders.......

Also I really think the BlueJays have a shot at knocking off the Yankees in the East, although I think the Redsox are the class of the division. Yankees made no off season improvements, maybe it will be Toronto's year?
www.actionfigurenews.ca

"The Empire will always Sstrike back"-Gilad Pellaeon

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 10:28:20 PM »

Twins beat the Angels on opening day! :party0007: Livan was solid, Gomez Incredible!!!! Freakin' Superstar in the making if the spring and game one are any indication. He can steal at will. Nathan got his first save and Torii Hunter went 0-4 against his former team.
 The central division is looking real strong this year with KC even improved. Wait till the Twins get Liriano in the lineup. He struck out 12 batters in his last two starts of the spring, allowing only one run. He'll be ready in the middle of April. The Twins are gonna surprise some people!!!
www.actionfigurenews.ca

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 05:23:28 PM »

Yep, and the Indians aren't too shabby either. We've got a heck of a division to follow - likely the best in baseball top to bottom this year. The Tigers lost in extras to KC - not the way I wanted to start - but at least Miguel Cabrera hit one out in his 2nd at bat for the Tigers!!!

star_shooter

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Go Leafs Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 06:33:43 PM »

Lets Go Blue Jays
Go Leafs Go!!!
ARRRRGOOOOOOOOSSS

"If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will!" "Nooooooo!"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 10:56:47 AM »

Hoo boy, what a way to get started after all the hype.  :mad0177:

The Tigers need to get on track - and quickly - or else they might fall too far out of contention to recover.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2008, 11:23:31 AM »

Too early to worry about the tigers, it's just a five game losing streak. But ya, it sucks for tiger fans. I like the tigers, but I'm a jays fan first and foremost. And they're doing pretty well so far. Their pitching has been awsome (starters and bullpen). Hope it continues. I'm enjoying Eckstein so far. He really replaces the spark they lost from losing reed johnson. Should be a fun season. Anything short of a playoff spot will be a disappointment this year.

star_shooter

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Go Leafs Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2008, 03:34:40 PM »

Yea I hope the Jays can make a run for a playoff spot this year. They have the fire power, but it would be nice if we could get another good starting pitcher behind Halladay. I'm loving Frank Thomas though, that grand slam he hit today was wicked :)
Go Leafs Go!!!
ARRRRGOOOOOOOOSSS

"If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will!" "Nooooooo!"

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2008, 11:41:20 PM »

The Jays are looking good. And who would have thought the Tigers would start off 0-5. What is Verlander's malfunction?

My Twins are hanging in there, but it is really early. Still, Carlos Gomez is hitting .375, with 4 steals and a couple doubles so far this year. He is quite a dynamic player and has so much ability. Having now seen him for the whole spring and first week of the season I'm kinda surprised the Twins got him, but happy they did. If Livan keeps it up(he's 2-0), Baker and Liriano are both very solid. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

And what about KC? They are 4-2 and haven't played a bad game this year. The Central might have 4 or even 5 real tough teams.
www.actionfigurenews.ca

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »

Yep, Kansas is looking good out of the gate for sure. The whole AL Central is good - not a soft spot in the bunch (unless you want to put the Tigers in that spot for now - but they won't be there long).

The Jays have potential. Eckstein is taking me a little while to get used to at SS, I'm used to seeing Johnny Mac picking up the grounders over there. Must be nice for Gibbons to have him on the bench, though I bet he still wishes he was playing that position every day (like Inge in Detroit not being able to play 3B anymore).

I'm hoping the Jays can make the playoffs as well - I'd like them to pee in the Yankees and Bosox cornflakes.  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2008, 02:44:07 AM »

Well Detroit seemed to get on track against the Twins  :P. Anyway the Twins bounced back tonight against the Rays. Carlos Gomez has 9 steals already. Even if he hits .260 he's gonna get a ton of steals. 11 in Spring Training plus 9 regular season, I again have to compliment the Twins scouts. When the experts were all screaming that the Twins got shafted in the Santana trade nobody seemed to know how good Gomez could be. Now we do!
www.actionfigurenews.ca

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2008, 01:18:45 PM »

Man oh man, it's been ANOTHER horrible stretch for Detroit. There was a point where we were all the way back to 1 game under .500 and ROLLING... but that seems to be long forgotten. The Tigers still have all the potential in the world to be the best team in the bigs.... but the losses are REALLY starting to mount up.  :mad0137:

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »

Twins are hanging in there. Beat the Yankee's 5-1 today after a couple tough extra inning losses. One game out of first!
www.actionfigurenews.ca

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 11:32:37 AM »

You guys ARE hanging in there. I'm a little surprised by just about every team in our division - except the Royals. I was hoping they'd perked up a little (based on their start) but the wheels have come off yet again. Sad.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 11:23:51 PM »

Man, I can't believe Robimus hasn't been in here bashing the Tigers after the past 3 days.  :speechless-smiley-004:

I was looking at this series as pretty much the TSN turning point for our whole season - and if that's the case, it was a real turn for the worse.  :mad0137:

Robimus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »

I'm always Lurking about  :P While I'm pleased the twins are still rolling, I gotta admit I stopped worrying about the Tigers catching them a while back. All attention on the Whitesox......
www.actionfigurenews.ca

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169109
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 74
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 48
Total: 49

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 38 queries.