Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 11:41:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

62 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snowtroopers.ca - Integrity issues?  (Read 8481 times)

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Snowtroopers.ca - Integrity issues?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 10:51:27 PM »

Ok this is just ridiculous and to be quite honest gotten quite out of hand for the original issue.  I have been on this site for a very long time and also its previous iterations.  The mods on this site have been doing a great job.  Are they perfect, no, but then who among us is. Is this really worth dragging this out any further?  Everyone just needs to unplug for a little while and come back later

I completey agree. With everything going on in the world today...geez enough is enough -

YES...GUYS...let's kiss and make up...or trade a cool figure...BUT ENOUGH!!!
 None of us are perfect...but let's get on with TALKIN' TOYS....PLEAsssssssssse!
 :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :winking0071: :winking0071: :winking0071: :tongue0024: :tongue0024: ;) ;) :) :) :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :fett:

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 11:32:56 PM »

Ok this is just ridiculous and to be quite honest gotten quite out of hand for the original issue.  I have been on this site for a very long time and also its previous iterations.  The mods on this site have been doing a great job.  Are they perfect, no, but then who among us is. Is this really worth dragging this out any further?  Everyone just needs to unplug for a little while and come back later

I completey agree. With everything going on in the world today...geez enough is enough -

YES...GUYS...let's kiss and make up...or trade a cool figure...BUT ENOUGH!!!
 None of us are perfect...but let's get on with TALKIN' TOYS....PLEAsssssssssse!
 :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :winking0071: :winking0071: :winking0071: :tongue0024: :tongue0024: ;) ;) :) :) :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :fett:

I'm with this group.  Get over it.  Apologies have been made, accept them.  Move along.....move along :star-wars-smiley-008:

Kevobi

• Snowtroopers.ca Web
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • TK8423
    • View Profile
    • www.KevinFawley.com
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 01:39:58 AM »

ARIZONA:
You are administrators. Restore the post from a backup prior to it's deletion. That is how integrity is kept.
Arizona,
From what I understand, once a post has been deleted, it is gone, there is no "backup" that we have access to.  If you would like to repost your negative feedback, please do so.

Darth Torment:
Rules are not governed consistently- rules are made, and broken by mod team here
Darth Torment,
Correct, as Rad indicated there is no "mod handbook" and not every/all mods/admins read ALL posts & replies.  Both Koda and myself are busy people and are not about to work this site like a full time job to keep consistency.  This has been an ongoing "issue" since POTNS.

Honestly, with threads/post/replies such as this one, I can barely read a member's entire reply if it is long and wordy.  Sorry if this offends anyone who has spent the time/effort in articulating their replies, but to catch up on 2+ pages of posts within a short time frame is difficult.

I'm not about to lock/close this thread because it does have merit. 

I am in agreement with the last most recent posts, come on, this forum is for the fun of collecting.  I love visiting this board to get my updates in regards to SW news.  Yes the main page is rarely updated, and I feel out of the loop half the time, so really this site's strength is it's members. 
Usually it is a site's admins delivering news to the users, here I feel it's the other way around!  ;)

I'm still pumped for the animated clone wars cartoon!

kevin @ snowtroopers.ca
Winnipeg, MB

Sifo-Dyas

• (A+ Trader)
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Still Needs More Cowbell!
    • View Profile
    • VIEW MY HAVES/WANTS LIST...
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 04:59:29 PM »

I'm not about to lock/close this thread because it does have merit. 

I am in agreement with the last most recent posts, come on, this forum is for the fun of collecting.  I love visiting this board to get my updates in regards to SW news. 

Yes I think everyone here does, and I think they'd like this site to continue to be the place they go for that info and updates. And we thank you for it!
However, I think many would agree that one of the site's best assets is the B/S/T.
If a member has reason to believe that the integrity of the B/S/T/feedback has been comprimised, they should speak out about it, first to staff and then to the members if they feel there is info that the members should have, as Arizona did here. If other members feel the issue is not being addressed properly, they should speak out and voice that opinion. Anyone disagree with that much?
And if during the discussion, the Admins. get a better understanding of member's expectations and the members get info and understanding of the Staff's side of things, what's wrong with that? I don't think it should be beat to death but the ongoing exchange has at least the potential to lead to improvement. So I don't see a need for members to say "enough, move on". If you don't want to read it or participate in the discussion, DON'T. There are well over 12 thousand other topics to talk about toys in and ONLY this one about protecting the integrity (as defined by Arizona) of the data posted on this board! If it leads to improvement and more mutual understanding, what in the world is the problem with that? Do what you will but I don't value the concept of telling people not to discuss things on a discussion board, especially the topic of improving the board we all enjoy when things have happened that threaten to degrade that enjoyment for some.

That being said, it should be moved to the suggestions or neg. feedback section or wherever would be most appropriate but I don't see any value in member's implying that there is no more info or understanding to be gained here. That may be true but more likely it is not because communication is the key that unlocks understanding. Hard to see the future is hmmm?
View My HAVES/WANTS LIST[/color]           View FEEDBACK

"If We Can't Laugh At The Dead, We Have No Business Killing People. "

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 05:19:22 PM »

Okay, we're finally in agreement about something, Sifo. Off to suggestions this goes.

Stealth_Cheets

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 05:38:01 PM »

A suggestion would be to keep your opinions/rants in short, PARAGRAPH form!  It makes is so much easier on the eyes and much more encouraging for the reader to read your entire post.
Some of my toy reviews can be found here!
www.sneakpeektoys.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169110
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 62
Total: 63

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 38 queries.