Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 02:39:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

33 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions For Hasbro Canada  (Read 43228 times)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Questions For Hasbro Canada
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 04:49:20 PM »

Good suggestions, Pegger - I'll send them that way.

Arizona - I'm a little worried about your #1.... I'm not sure they'll agree to having "promised" us anything - I don't know that we've had any dealing with them, let alone a broken promises situation. Let's rework that one a little.

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 04:56:37 PM »

...no idea if this is/was asked..
 Is it true that HASBROTOYSHOP.COM will be adding CANADA to their mailing lists?
 If so,will s/h rates be somewhat reasonable?
It's been far to long that a company of this size does not do INTERNATIONAL MAIL ORDER...
Again...no idea if this qualifies ..but whAt  da hey!

FETT1...
oops...also ask why the CAN. MARKET does not see other lines like G.I.JOE( :confused0024:suppose to hit this spring) when they are released STATE SIDE...is it poor RETAILER ORDERING ..lack of support...bi-lingual packaging(love that excuse)...
whew..nuff said.. :scared0008:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 06:52:43 PM »

Okay, I think I'm up to speed after the (expected - it's AWESOME!!!) flurry of posts.

PLEASE review the questions in the first post and let me know if you're okay with the way they are written (I realize the one is very long, I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should try to shorten it or just leave it alone - sometimes more info helps clarify the question).

I got another email from the contact, they have advised me that they are planning on going over the questions with Hasbro USA reps who would answer them... I replied and said that specifically Canadian answers would best please us. Hopefully that will work out.....  :happy0025:

Once we get to 10 questions I'd like to push PAUSE and start the voting. Once we've trimmed 3 from the list, the remaining 7 will go forward and we can add 3 new ones.  :)`

Cobalt60

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
  • may the LAG be with you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 07:00:57 PM »

the question of the day is FORCE_FX LIGHTSABERS:

(1) will hasbro be keeping the MR line "intact", so to speak?
will we see the exact same items, in 'Hasbro' boxes now instead of MR?
from the exact same production facility in china? (ie: are they just "rebranding" the old line?)
(this is good, btw)

or.. will Hasbro develop their own "version" of the product and compromise on quality for the sake of 'mass production'?

(2) what models can we expect from Hasbro in the near future?
ie: judging by the press release , it would seem that Hasbro is planning to sell all the same models that MR had already in production (which leads me to believe hasbro is "rebranding" the old line and selling the exact same (quality) items that MR had already developed)
(this is good, btw)

can we assume, then, that Hasbro took over the entire lineup INCLUDING models that MR had been working on, but had not quite finished yet? 

specifically: MR had a working prototype of the obiwan TPM which broke at their C4 party;  they (also) announced a quigon and dooku FX .. but these were cancelled due to time constraints.

--> can we assume , that "next year's" lineup will include the obiwan TPM, quigon, and/or dooku .. as these were already "in the pipe" as far as the MR line was concerned?

(3) ANY information that Hasbro can provide about the future of Force-FX would be GREATLY appreciated by the FX-sabers community!   :maul: :yoda:

THX!!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 07:17:43 PM by Cobalt60 »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »

1) How does Hasbro Canada plan on repairing the fractured faith with Canadian collectors after so many years of broken promises by not delivering all figures from a specific line to Canada even after they have stated they would?

2) As an alternative to bilingual packaging is it not possible to return to the days of old and place a bilingual sticker on the package to identify the product, thus keeping the more appealing American packaging intact and still adhering to bilingual standards.

3) In the last 3 years Canada has received the first wave of new figures before the US. This shows that the packaging and figures have already gone into production for the Canadian market, however there is then a 3-4 month delay until the second wave of figures is delivered to retail, by this point in time we are usually 2 waves behind the US.

With generic cardbacks already in production there is no logical reason why Canada should be 2 waves behind the US all the time. Are you doing anything to improve distribution?

Good question. Well thought out. 

And regarding ship.....

Is it possible to get Hasbrotoyshop.com to ship to Canada as a destination? Other manufacturers such as Lego are doing this from a US location currently.   
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

arizona

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Let me put on my surprised face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 08:52:24 PM »

Arizona - I'm a little worried about your #1.... I'm not sure they'll agree to having "promised" us anything - I don't know that we've had any dealing with them, let alone a broken promises situation. Let's rework that one a little.

The question is directed at Hasbro in general. From your recent post it looks like Hasbro USA will be answering the questions and many times before they have told us they are working with hasbro Canada to bring us all the figures. This is the same corporate line. If you want you can restructure the question as follows...

1) With numerous Canadian collectors supporting the 3.75 basic line for so many years, how does Hasbro Canada plan on repairing the fractured faith within the community after so many years of failure to deliver all figures from the basic line to Canada?

The following may be useful as well

2) In regards to the issue of Canadian packaging and bilingualism can you please explain how it is TRU is able to freely distribute their English only packaging exclusives in Canadian stores but are unable to supply the final waves of figures on English/American cardbacks when they are unavailable on tri-lingual cardbacks?

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 09:56:40 PM »

It does sound that way, unfortunately. The point of me contacting them was to get in touch with a distinctly Canadian rep - but the last message sounded like he'd be bouncing the questions to the US people.

In my opinion, the exercise pretty much becomes moot at that point.  :confused0024: We've all been reading the Q&As at the other sites, or so I'd assume.  I was really hoping to get answers from Hasbro Canada, not just Hasbro. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

star_shooter

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Go Leafs Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 12:20:37 PM »

Question lol:

Does Hasbro Canada receive a timeline at the start of the year with an outline of the entire year's distribution or do you only know when then "next" wave will come in?

Thanks a lot
Go Leafs Go!!!
ARRRRGOOOOOOOOSSS

"If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will!" "Nooooooo!"

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »

Good one. Thanks.

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 02:28:26 PM »

It does sound that way, unfortunately. The point of me contacting them was to get in touch with a distinctly Canadian rep - but the last message sounded like he'd be bouncing the questions to the US people.

In my opinion, the exercise pretty much becomes moot at that point.  :confused0024: We've all been reading the Q&As at the other sites, or so I'd assume.  I was really hoping to get answers from Hasbro Canada, not just Hasbro. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

I say - let's send him (or her) questions anyways.  What are they gonna do, not answer them?  We're no worse off then as we are now.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 02:30:04 PM »

I agree - I just think it'll be the party line, no different from reading any of the Q&A's from the other sites.  :confused0024:

No matter what we get, I'm going to keep asking my contact to chime in specifically with what they're seeing/hearing/doing so we at least get some news about Canada specifically.

star_shooter

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Go Leafs Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 03:48:19 PM »

BTW, awesome work JJ! :u:

Maybe we can finally get some answers lol.
Go Leafs Go!!!
ARRRRGOOOOOOOOSSS

"If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will!" "Nooooooo!"

Thirdfloor

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 09:18:59 AM »

(((...I already know this would be highly doubtful, but it would be really cool)))

Question:  With the new trend of multiple "exclusive" figures that are available only through U.S. stores or U.S. websites, would it be possible to release a figure that would be a Canadian exclusive?  With the release of figures such as the holiday editions of vader, yoda, ect., or the disney star tours with donald duck as han, the figure wouldn't have to be a movie based character it could be a repainted droid (red and white proticol droid?) or a snowtrooper with Canadian flag on his shoulder or even a yoda tapping a maple tree...jk.  Seriously though, this figure could be Zellers exclusive or a WalMart Canada exclusive figure, or even just a Canadian website exclusive (...maybe even available through snowtroopers.ca).  I think this would give Canadian collectors a feeling of recognition from Hasbro.
"The Force Can Have A Strong Influence On The Weak Minded"

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008, 09:58:13 AM »

They've answered this before. Hasbro claims they are more than happy to create exclusives for any retailer provided the retailer is willing to purchase "X- Number" of units to make the exclusive production viable. It would be nice to know what the "X-Number" is for a Snowtrooper... then maybe we could get our own.  :winking0071:

(((...I already know this would be highly doubtful, but it would be really cool)))

Question:  With the new trend of multiple "exclusive" figures that are available only through U.S. stores or U.S. websites, would it be possible to release a figure that would be a Canadian exclusive?  With the release of figures such as the holiday editions of vader, yoda, ect., or the disney star tours with donald duck as han, the figure wouldn't have to be a movie based character it could be a repainted droid (red and white proticol droid?) or a snowtrooper with Canadian flag on his shoulder or even a yoda tapping a maple tree...jk.  Seriously though, this figure could be Zellers exclusive or a WalMart Canada exclusive figure, or even just a Canadian website exclusive (...maybe even available through snowtroopers.ca).  I think this would give Canadian collectors a feeling of recognition from Hasbro.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »

Interesting idea, but we'd almost be better off chatting up THE Mike to see how they get their nifty exclusive Joe figures made up each year... they're amazing, but quite expensive (and, I'm sure, NOT made by Hasbro).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169071
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 33
Total: 37

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 38 queries.