Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2018, 12:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

67 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions For Hasbro Canada  (Read 45708 times)

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Questions For Hasbro Canada
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »

What pisses me off about the "value" packs is the giant sticker that ruins the packaging. Those stickers aren't easily removed and those particular figures didn't even need to be "valued".... most of us would have paid $12 per figure on it's own it they had showed up.

Anyway, 90% of the "value" packs have been ripped apart and now sit as singles anyway... stupid idea.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2011, 09:25:36 AM »

You may be planning to ask this anyway but how much of the Wal-Mart "Discover The Force" 3D packaged items are coming to Canada? If any will they be in US or Cdn packaging?
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2011, 11:49:12 AM »

So here is the question about the "Value Packs" I'd like answered:

Long ago us Canadians missed out on the Clones Wars wave that included Embo, Young Boba Fett, Shaak Ti and R4-P17. These did appear at Toys R Us in extremely limited quantity on US cards. In October these figures finally showed up on Canadian cards glued together with re-pack figures as a so called "Value Pack". Recently these same packs have been showing up at Winners... priced $2 higher than TRU.

If this wave of figures was indeed available on Canadian cards (as they are now) why did only US versions make it to Canada initially? What was the reasoning behind the "Value Packs" that ruined the cards for collectors with giant stickers and are nothing more than a stocking nightmare for retailers because everyone pulls them apart? Was there fear that for the 3 months we saw no new waves of figures retailers would be hesitant to order them as singles? Most of us are very confused and extremely frustrated by this year's distribution especially in light of Hasbro's commitment to make things better.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »

@ Hellboy : TRU in Quebec did get 6 to 8 boxes each of the Embo wave around Dec 2010-Jan 2011. All of the figures I've seen were on Canadian cards and I've only seen those at TRU.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »

Really? The ones I got back then were on US cards. Strange....

Trust me.

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »

What little I saw last year at various GTA TRUs were on Cdn cards. There were reports of this wave being found at Western Cdn Superstores back in June/July.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 06, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »

Yes my local BC Superstore, got a couple cases of these in the summer.  Recently  I picked  i[  between toysrus and winners all 4  2 packs that I could find that have the Mandalorian trooper.  I need to fill out my new mandolorian shuttle.  Any ideas when we will get our answers back from Hasbro, the other sites are starting to post.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2011, 08:46:32 AM »

All being well, I should be having a call with HasCan a week tomorrow, and I just wanted to ask if any of you had any questions you want me to put to them.

So far, I'm going to be covering:
The Vintage Collection - Where is it?
Pegwarmer Purge - What are the chances?
Canadian-Exclusive Exclusives - ditto

I will only have 30 minutes, but I'll try to cram in as much as possible.

My contact at HasCan has moved into a new role and I've got a call with her replacement on Monday, so if you have any questions you want answering, now is the time to send them in.

Any update? Particularly wondering about the search for luke tauntaun pack and whether or not to expect more vintage any time soon. Thanks! :)

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2012, 07:14:30 PM »

You may be planning to ask this anyway but how much of the Wal-Mart "Discover The Force" 3D packaged items are coming to Canada? If any will they be in US or Cdn packaging?

I second this question!
I've looked over the "shelf reset sheets" at my local SuperWM, and did not see any mention of this line anywhere, so now I am getting a little worried... unless it's destined for a big endcap display closer to the release of TPM-3D...

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2012, 12:01:49 AM »

Sadly, as it stands, the Discover the Force line will not be coming to Canada.  Unlike Hasbro's street dates, Walmart are not willing to break the country's language laws and refused to take any product in English-only packaging and were unwilling to meet Hasbro's MOQ for bilingual packaging.  I've suggested to Hasbro that they could "force" (no pun intended) Walmart to take the line, seeing as it's Walmart's own exclusive that can't be offered to anyone else, and to potentially avoid incurring any penalties for ignoring the street date.  I suspect however that that is wishful thinking and Walmart are too big to be told what to do, even by Hasbro.
http://www.rebelscum.com/ - Star Wars Collecting

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »

Man that sucks. I'll have to try and make a few trips out to Buffalo then.

Just so everyone knows, this is not just the 12 DTF figures, but also the Mos Espa Arena / Royal Starship Droids BPs, Dewback, Vulture Droid, and I think this year's BMF. There are 17 individual items in total in this sub-line. Here's a complete list:

BASIC FIGURES:
#1 Aurra Sing (also VC73)
#2 Darth Maul
#3 Destroyer Droid
#4 G8-R3
#5 Gungan Warrior (also VC74)
#6 Mawhonic (also VC71)
#7 Obi-Wan Kenobi
#8 Qui-Gon Jinn
#9 Ric Olie
#10 Naboo Pilot (also VC72)
#11 Tusken Raider
#12 Yoda

MULTIPACKS:
#13 Mos Espa Arena (Anakin Skywalker, C-3PO, Sebulba, 2 Pit Droids)
#14 Royal Starship Droids (R2-D2, R2-A6, R2-R9, R2-B1)

VEHICLES/CREATURES:
#15 Dewback (repack from 2009)
#16 Vulture Droid (repaint)

ROLE-PLAYING:
#17 Qui-Gon's lightsaber
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:43:02 PM by Wedge1021 »

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »

I thought #17 was a role-playing item and has been revealed to be Qui-Gon's lightsaber?

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »

I thought #17 was a role-playing item and has been revealed to be Qui-Gon's lightsaber?

I hadn't heard that yet, but you are more in the know than I! If that's the case, then I'm perfectly happy with it - that leaves this year's BMF vehicle open for a line-wide release. I had been going off post-SDCC speculation, but that's several months old now. I'm happy to be corrected!

Darth McAdam

• Administrator
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »

This is the report I'd seen:
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9131

It doesn't state categorically that this is #17, but as far as I'm aware, the DTF line is limited to just the 17 items.

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2012, 09:34:50 PM »

Ah, well the number 17 comes from a phrase on the back of one of the packages that says "Collect all 17 3D images" or something like that. So if there is a 3D image on the saber package somewhere, then I would say it is the 17th item in the line. Otherwise, perhaps... there is another. Always in motion is the future.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170114
  • Total Topics: 14396
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 67
Total: 68

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 38 queries.