Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 08:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions For Hasbro Canada  (Read 43300 times)

BountyHunter69

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Clone Trooper Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Questions For Hasbro Canada
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 07:47:01 PM »

Interesting idea, but we'd almost be better off chatting up THE Mike to see how they get their nifty exclusive Joe figures made up each year... they're amazing, but quite expensive (and, I'm sure, NOT made by Hasbro).

The Joe exclusives are made by hasbro.  I remember Spencer from Ages 3 and Up looking into this at one time.  While I can't remember the numbers it was much cheaper\lower buy numbers for a repaint than it was for something brand new

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »

Good info, thanks for that. I was guessing they had found a more local manufacturer to make that happen for them.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 05:13:43 PM »

I got a new email from the Hasbro rep. Our questions will be submitted along with those from other sites directly to Hasbro. They will not be answered by Hasbro Canada, so we can expect to get the same answers as have been given to the other sites', as far as I'm concerned.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Anyhoo, we have to vote for and submit our first 3 questions by January 25th - I'd like to send the email on the 24th to avoid any problems.

Jangotat

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 06:42:50 PM »

I got a new email from the Hasbro rep. Our questions will be submitted along with those from other sites directly to Hasbro. They will not be answered by Hasbro Canada, so we can expect to get the same answers as have been given to the other sites', as far as I'm concerned.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Anyhoo, we have to vote for and submit our first 3 questions by January 25th - I'd like to send the email on the 24th to avoid any problems.

This really blows considering half the things they answer for us Canadians ends up being untrue. once again we are screwed over :mad0177:
Go Leafs!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 07:02:07 PM »

I was a little disappointed, to say the least. I still think we should go ahead and submit our questions, however.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 08:12:11 PM »

Sorry to double-post... anyone else think the news that the Build A Figure assortments are going to cost $12.99 per figure warrants some clarification????

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 09:52:08 AM »

I was a little disappointed, to say the least. I still think we should go ahead and submit our questions, however.

I agree - and perhaps Hasbro might get the impression that we canucks are customers too.

I want to ask - In Canada there is a very strong rumour about the BAF line (with references showing up in store computers).  If this is true (that there will be a BAF line) will the entire line be coming to Canada, or will we miss the last few 2 to 4 waves, as we did with POTF2, POTJ, Saga, Saga2, TAC, and thus be unable to "build" the elusive figure?

obi_wan_canuck

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Now I am the Master.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2008, 11:36:38 PM »

Will Hasbro ever consider taking on other major movie/t.v.-lines it never has in the past?  Two examples that pop to mind are Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica.  I know you've put out some titanium BSG vehicles and one titanium Cylon, but why no figures in the 3 3/4" range?

Is there a perception that these major lines with multiple figure possibilities would conflict too much with the Star Wars line?
Live as though you were to die tomorrow.  Learn as though you were to live forever. - Gandhi

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2008, 08:23:34 AM »

Added. Are we just going to submit them in numerical order? I'm not getting much feel for peoples' preferences from one question to the next, folks....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:25:36 AM by jjreason »

obi_wan_canuck

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Now I am the Master.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 08:53:57 AM »

If there are no preferences, maybe submitting the first 4-5 questions, then doing so with the next few after that, would work best.  Even if we were to submit the ones everyone wanted to have answered there would be no guarantee Hasbro would answer it... they seem kinda selective.

It seems that three questions is the max they'll answer so we shouldn't expect more than three to be answered at a given time.  But submitting 4-5 at a time *may* give us a better chance of having our questions answered.

--------------

The other option is to make this into a poll, and have maybe up to 7 questions people want answered and we vote on which ones for any given week.
Live as though you were to die tomorrow.  Learn as though you were to live forever. - Gandhi

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »

Good idea, I'll start that next week after the first submissions have been made. I'm allowed to send 3 questions max, and am looking at sending 1-3 on the first submission (along with an explanation about some of us not having read every Q&A from every other site & apologizing if there are some duplicate questions in there).

arizona

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Let me put on my surprised face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 02:41:08 PM »

JJ,
Congrats on all your hard work.

I do have a few concerns.

This is beginning to sounds like we are just going to be one more board on Hasbro USA's monthly QA.
It doesn't sound like Hasbro Canada will be answering any of our questions. (Please correct me if I am wrong)
My hope is that any questions being submitted are directly related to Canadian issues such as lack of all figures, exclusives, distribution, bilingual packaging and so on.

What I mean by this is every other board out there will be asking what figures are next, when do I get my new vehicles, what is the next step for titanium's and so on. I think we can let the other boards get all those answers for us.

Canadian questions have been raised on other boards in the past and have been shrugged off every time with the standard (We are working with our Canadian partners to clear this up line.)

It is my hope that as a representative for Canadian collectors we make it clear to Hasbro that this answer will not suffice anymore and we will not be brushed off so easily.
This means if we get the corporate line for one of our questions we re-submit the question the next month telling them that the corporate line will not suffice.

obi_wan_canuck

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Now I am the Master.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »

I would hope that Hasbro would recognize us as separate from the US.  After all, on Rebelscum.com there's at least one site from the UK and one from Germany... they seem to have their own questions based on issues in their countries, and they get answers that aren't totally generic.

The one from the UK was mentioning the ToyFair that's coming up in February *in* the UK on the latest Hasbro response posting, for example.

Just make sure to identify us as Snowtroopers.CA and maybe they'll take a hint  :)

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2008, 08:05:11 PM »

JJ,
Congrats on all your hard work.

I do have a few concerns.

This is beginning to sounds like we are just going to be one more board on Hasbro USA's monthly QA.
It doesn't sound like Hasbro Canada will be answering any of our questions. (Please correct me if I am wrong)
My hope is that any questions being submitted are directly related to Canadian issues such as lack of all figures, exclusives, distribution, bilingual packaging and so on.

What I mean by this is every other board out there will be asking what figures are next, when do I get my new vehicles, what is the next step for titanium's and so on. I think we can let the other boards get all those answers for us.

Canadian questions have been raised on other boards in the past and have been shrugged off every time with the standard (We are working with our Canadian partners to clear this up line.)

It is my hope that as a representative for Canadian collectors we make it clear to Hasbro that this answer will not suffice anymore and we will not be brushed off so easily.
This means if we get the corporate line for one of our questions we re-submit the question the next month telling them that the corporate line will not suffice.

I share these concerns and have voiced them to the HasCan't contact.... I got deflected back to just submitting them to the regular Q&A with no promise he'd chime in about Canada specifically.

I'd be interested in hearing about any discrepancies between what Hasbro tells Hasbro Canada and what actually happens.... but I'm sure they won't air that type of laundry in public. :pensive:

obi_wan_canuck

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Now I am the Master.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2008, 10:49:22 PM »

Well, maybe we should consider finding some people to run a canada.rebelscum.com site.  Rebelscum.com has a posting about a new site (or link... whatever it's called), japan.rebelscum.com... if Japan gets one surely we could...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169100
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 70
Total: 71

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 38 queries.