Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 09:06:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2008 TAC wave 1  (Read 4371 times)

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
2008 TAC wave 1
« on: February 19, 2008, 01:23:07 PM »

I just received my 2008 TAC wave 1 figures today.  I will post more thoughts on them later...but I gotta vent about one figure: Gree.

I was pretty excited getting Gree - what with him being super articulated at all.  He's got hip joints!  He can squat!  All the articulation is AWESOME. 

BUT

The STUPID F'ING helmet is a POS.  It's the damned rubbery Evolutions one - so it looks like garbage, and his stupid chin sticks out from underneath.

Hasbro - you spend all that time making the body perfect - and then F*** UP the helmet?  What the HELL is the MATTER with you.!   :mad0137: >:(

This could have been a perfect figure - but the helmet/head issues really bug me (in case you didn't notice).

I'll try to get pics up later today (or tomorrow) - and thoughts on the rest of the wave.

Seriously - Gree gets a "D" because of the helmet.

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No reward is worth this!
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 TAC wave 1
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 01:54:35 PM »

:rollfloorlaffsmiley:

Those clone helmets are POS aren't they? :)
That's a shame, I had high hopes for this one.
I do not like green eggs and ham!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »

That's strange - someone on the RS forums had asked the first few people who bought Gree if the helmet was hard, or if it was rubbery like the Evo one and they had replied it was a hard plastic like Cody's helmet! 

Still, no big surprise on an imperfection in an otherwise perfect figure. That just means Hasbro can sell you Gree again at a later date :)

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 06:37:19 PM »

OK - thoughts on the rest:

Tri-Droid - A+  Simply AWESOME.  The deco is fantastic.  The articulation is fantastic.  The colouring is fantastic.  I don't think there is one thing I can complain about.  The legs are sturdy.  I've got the legs fully extended - so it's huge - and no problem.

2-B1 - A+ - not only dos he have ball (and double) jointed shoulders - but elbows and knee joints too.  Superb sculpt - I want another for my ESB twobers.

Panning Droid - C.  Feels and looks like a pack-in.  It would have been an amazing pack in.  But because it's a stand alone figure - I feel jipped.  The foot pegs on the top are a nice touch.

Obi-Wan - A - Very very nice figure.  Super articulated, and soft goods where it counts.  The hip joints are fantastic.  My only complaint is the peg-hole in the belt for a lightsabre, and no lightsabre for the peg hole.

Po Nudo - B+.  He's a salt shaker - but a very nicely detailed one.  The head is fantastic, the arms have nice elbowes and shoulder joints.  Solid figure.

Kashykk Trooper - B.  He's alright.  Highly articulated, and the sculpt is excellent.  Just feels dull.

Gree - D - Piece of f'ing garbage.  See above.  OK - it's not garbage, but man does that helmet bug me.

Darth Vader - D -  Another figure that could have been excellent - and Hasbro dropped the ball.  Highly articulated everywhere - except the elbows.  What the hell?  Why give it hip articulation - waste articulation - double jointed shoulders - and CUT elbows?  WHY? >:( :mad0137: 

I want to point out that the D's are because these figures were SO close to be being perfect, and because of 1 OBVIOUS thing,  all the good is ruined.

Otherall - I love the wave.  The only "losers" in the bunch are Gree and Vader.  Panning droid is meh.  The rest are superb.

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »

Agreed on Vader. Swivel cut elbows? Come on Hasbro....Other than that the likeness is pretty good - the scar is a little too dark though. Only other one I have so far is Obi-Wan. He's good - but not a huge step up from Pilot Obi other than the hips and the grey touches in his hair. I think they should have packed these figs with the parts of the panning droid though - would have upped the value.
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

Cmdr Bacara

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I whacked Ki-Adi Mundi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »

I opened my Gree and pulled the helmet off and his head came with it!  Still haven't been able to get his head out of the helmet....D'oh!

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 06:57:45 AM »

Be careful! I used a pair of tweezers when this happened to my Commander Cody a couple of years ago - a big chunk of paint came off his chin, leaving the black showing underneath. Make sure you use a t-shirt or something as padding.

stormtripper

• <A+++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 01:25:31 AM »

i dont have these yet but gree is far too popular to screw up. too bad
Forum Feedback Link

North Vancouver, Hollywood North....
MTMFnFBWY

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »

I opened my Gree and pulled the helmet off and his head came with it!  Still haven't been able to get his head out of the helmet....D'oh!

i have the same problem with my comic pack ARC trooper. i usually just use my finger nail to pull his chin out a little, then just wiggle it back and forth untill it comes out. works on teeth too :tongue0024:

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »

I don't know why everyone likes Gree... Cody's the man!  :tongue0024:

I just got and opened my Gree... his helmet isn't rubbery on mine...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 02:30:55 PM by Hellboy »
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Chronos

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • I embrace the Dark Side!
    • View Profile
    • ZaEmpera no Burogu | The_Emperor's Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 05:30:38 PM »

Same. I'm not complaining about my Gree...  :confused0024:
★★★★★ MY CURRENT WANTS (& HAVES): ★★★★★
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=15727.0

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 09:20:58 PM »

I saw them all today except for the Kashyyyk Clonetrooper. The Deuce looks AMAZING in real life - holy crap! He's a bit smaller than I imagined, but it's not out of scale for modern figures. The Spider Droid and Lava Panning droid almost had me on board for one extra of each - but I put them back.

DarthBane

• Butt Kickin'
  • Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Jedi Butt Whooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 12:25:53 AM »

Kinda silly but any of my troopers that have the chins showing...I just turn around the head when the helmet is one and then they look fine.

I am expecting my Gree wave to come next week from legends and will post about his helmet then..
-DarthBane
Shediac, New Brunswick
Loose Collector Extraordinare  

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 08:12:18 PM »

picked up a gree today. not as exciting as was expected, but it's still really nice figure. i love the wrist articulation, but i wish he could hold the binocluars :/
i have no problem with the helmet. it's sorta rubbery, but hard at the same time

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 11:23:08 PM »

My gripe about wave 1 (which I'm sure I've posted, but not in here apparently) is that Gree & the Kashyyyk Clone aren't even close to being the same height. Drives me bonkers.  :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169092
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 59
Total: 61

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 38 queries.