Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 06:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Indiana Jones toys + INDY CEREAL/FOOD TIE-IN's...(merged)  (Read 41905 times)

winbrant

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: indy toys...wHOOO HOOOO....POST YOUR FINDS!
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »

:mad0218: I've been getting a lot of "stunned cow" looks from the merchandising staff at Wal*Marts...
..."Indi...who?", "the standard..."if we have it it should be...", "I haven't seen any".

TRU did have a selection of items but was far from complete and, once looking at the paint apps, not sure if these'll do well.

Yes, it would seem no one knows anything and poor planning on Hasbro's part. Heck, there's more promo for SpeedRacer than there is for Indiana Jones.

And, to bi&$*, have yet to find Adventure Heroes (or Muggs) anywhere  :sign0065:

And, doesn't sound like it's all that much better south of the border either.

Morgbug

• <A+++ Trader> Grumpy
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • grumpy and old
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2008, 03:13:51 PM »

I haven't bought any of the basic figures yet, so I need to ask: is the mail away offer available in the trilogo packaging?  It's supposedly like the VOTC/VTSC sticker thing with a little sheet for mailing away. 

Oh and in looking over my Indy from the deluxe temple trap version, he seems to be missing his thumb on his right hand.  Did they cast this thing from a busted vintage Indy figure? :sign0065:
what? I'm cranky.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2008, 03:45:27 PM »

Just to follow up on winbrant's comments... it was actually a surprise to me the other day that in my TRU, the Indy toys are way WAY in the back of the store. I thought that Hasbro would pay for an endcap display or even upfront near the doors (where Speed Racer toys sit right now en masse).  Instead, the toys are buried near the bicycles.

I went over to Zellers again today just to see if they found their missing figures and nope, they have no idea where they put them (and by the sounds of it, they could care less... no one even knew what Indiana Jones referred to... "is that a movie?")

If it's targetted at collectors, they should have focused as much on the paint ops as they did on the articulation (which is superb for the most part).  Badly painted eyes are always what stop me from buying any figure, even the rarer ones.

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

whiteelephant

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 04:30:25 PM »

It's odd - the Speed Racer toys are right up front, but both Indy and Iron Man have been buried at the back.

Morgbug

• <A+++ Trader> Grumpy
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • grumpy and old
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2008, 04:34:50 PM »

At least they made it out in some stores.  In the US, the Dark Knight and Hulk toys are also out and competing for space with Iron Man and Speed Racer (I smell a loser here) as well as the IJ toys. 

My TRUs had the center islands close to the front of the store at least, so not totally buried. 
what? I'm cranky.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »

TRU in my neck of the woods as Speed Racer on an island near the front and a front end in the boys dept with a dvd of the trailer playing.  they have an iron man island in boys, a narnia island in boys and ij on a front end.  no sign of hulk stuff.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2008, 09:01:49 PM »

I have been cruising around the last couple of days in Durham and have found 14 different basic figures still looking for 9 more.   Found 4 out of the 7 deluxe figures.
Found 2 out of 3 vehicles.  I have not seen a German 12" officer yet. And I have found 9 out of 12 Galactic Hero sets. 

I am enjoying the hunt for Indy items.  It seems though that most Walmarts do not have any stock yet.  They have Speed Racer, Ironman and some have Hulk items.  Tru is poorly stocked in our area and most Zellers in our area do not have much of Indy stock.

The 9 basic figures I am still looking for are: Colonel  Dovchenko, Irina Spalko, Ugha Warrior, Colonel Vogel, Dr. Elsa Schneider, Grail Knight, Henry Jones, Indiana Jones with the machine gun and Young Indy.

:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

Jangotat

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »

some of the figures you just mentioned are wave 3...set out for july....so dont even bother for now lol :)
Go Leafs!

Morgbug

• <A+++ Trader> Grumpy
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • grumpy and old
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 01:21:17 AM »

Yup, The Last Crusade figures aren't out anywhere.  KOTCS figs are out stateside though.
what? I'm cranky.

Massacre Mike

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Beep booop
    • View Profile
    • The Mental Kavity
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2008, 04:48:03 AM »

Reporting in from Markham - I've found Indy figures at too local walmarts but not TRU. On May 1 I found only the deluxe Indy figures. I bought Indy with horse and Indy with Temple Trap - got ripped off at 16.92 for each of those.

On May 2 I found the whip, the Mr. Potato, the 12inchers and only a few of the basic carded figures. I picked up the German Soldier with motorcycle and rang through at 12.92! What gives with the inconsistent pricing on the deluxe figs?! I also picked up Sallah on single card for 9.92.

I think with this line I'm going to stick with the original three movies and mainly Raiders at that. The other single carded figs I saw were two versions of Mutt and Indy with an RPG, all from Crystal Skull.

What I haven't seen yet are the vehicles... and I really want that truck!
Visit my blog for all sorts of exciting genre-related content... and of course... STAR WARS.

http://thementalkavity.blogspot.com/

Grand_Moff_Rob

• (A+ Trader)
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rockin' 'da 'Wars' since '77......
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2008, 08:43:26 AM »

Got my first Indy (Crystal Skull). Nice. Dissappointed with the 'head' paintjob on an Indy (Raiders). Passed on it. The CS Indy has a remarkable likeness to Ford.
I thought it [Star Wars] was too wacky for the general public.

- George Lucas quote...

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2008, 06:42:08 PM »

Found a small amount of them at a local store, they had the 12" Indy and Swordsman, and probably a dozen basic figs and the whips. Grabbed the KOTCS Indy (I wanted one where the hat comes off) Good likeness and articulation, but the hands can't hold squat!

I've read of the truck being found at Zellers....I myself will be looking to get it and probably Indy on horseback and the motorcycle along with Henry Jones Sr...The rest are hit and miss. Depends on how much I dig the new flick.
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

Grand_Moff_Rob

• (A+ Trader)
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rockin' 'da 'Wars' since '77......
    • View Profile
Re: INDIANA JONES TOYS...HASBRO u smart cookie!
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2008, 09:39:04 PM »

AHHHhhh...yes their here already...spoke with a fellow @ TRU...says the figures are kinda crappy lookin'...wha????
...maybe so,But I'll be after the mail-in's plus the vehicles(PLEASE TOY GODS ,let these show up in CANUCKLAND!)...
happy hunting....

fett1...outt!!! :fett: :r2d2line:

Yup, quite 'crappy' all right. I picked up a Crystal Skull Indy today. Best Ford sculpt of all the others. The Raiders Indy's eyeballs are poorly painted on all the examples I saw here in Kingston. I passed on everything. They didn't capture Harrison at all!! Very surprised at this with the massive progress Hasbro has made with the SW line. Then next wave of Crusade figs look good from afar, but, up close may turn me off as well. Not happy with the product thus far.
I thought it [Star Wars] was too wacky for the general public.

- George Lucas quote...

obi_wan_canuck

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Now I am the Master.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2008, 01:53:04 PM »

As far as the figures go... meh.  I bought Indy from CS, the German soldier 2-pack, Mutt Williams with foil and a Russian soldier.

CS Indy - pistol is not able to go into the holster as it seems to be able to do on the ROTLA version.  Whip fits onto the belt but doesn't coil up well at all (that is to say it doesn't), he comes with a left hand with the Crystal Skull attached and a separate, empty hand.  Hat fits okay but seems disproportionate for some reason.  He also has grey hair, so I guess that's true to life.

Mutt - WTF?  He has a fencing sabre/ foil and that's about it.  Looks like he belongs to the biker gang, Rebels Without a Clue.  Wonder whatever happened to Jeff...

Russian Soldier - AK-47 is pretty darn soft, so it kinda points upwards thanks to Hasbro's packaging skills.

German Soldiers - there is a visible indent around their heads for their hats.  Their legs seem to bow out at the knees... I don't know if this is a manufacturing fault or an attempt to pose them.  Lame either way seeing as the other figures aren't posed.

All of the figures have about the same articulation and I'm not overly concerned about their eyes.  Their joints do feel stiff at first so there were some  :fighting0003: >:( :mad0137: :mad0177: :sign0065: type of moments when I took them out of the packages.

I haven't opened the "hidden treasure" or whatever boxes for fear that it's just a silly prop with nothing in it.  Anyone else opened theirs?

Overall, I'd have to say 6/10 for quality.  I wish I wasn't such an impulse buyer...  :mad0218:
Live as though you were to die tomorrow. Learn as though you were to live forever. - Gandhi

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones toys (merged)
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2008, 02:12:40 PM »

I held off upon finding them today, but I thought they looked pretty neat in the packages. My son might wind up with a couple just for being good.  :winking0071:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169079
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 37 queries.