Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 05:16:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

64 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for suggestions on what to do when the specialty shop ignores you  (Read 2633 times)

arizona

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Let me put on my surprised face!
    • View Profile

**PLEASE NOTE - THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED (SEE FINAL POST)**

Locked at creator's request. - jj

I have been waiting 6 months now for a specialty shop to deliver on a pre-order that does not appear to be coming.
I sent them the following e-mail.
Any of you guys have other suggestions on how to preceed?

To whom it may concern,

After 2 months without a response and 2 e-mails to your company with no reply I will ask my question again.

Where are my figures that were pre-ordered over 6 months ago?

I put my trust in your company to be able to deliver on my order and I was ensured ensured this was not an issue.

Still to this day I have not received my Wave 3 of 25th anniversary GI Joes.
My question to you is when will I see them or have you been passing me the bogus line for months because you took more pre orders than you had stock to fill?

The feeling I get is that you like most retailers are unable to obtain the Wave 3 Joes and are waiting for future waves to have Wave 3 figures as case fillers and try to build a compllete set that way. I hope i am wrong but I doubt it.

Everytime I inquired I was told time and time again that my order will be fullfilled or Hasbro is to blame and numerous other excuses.

Currently this wave has started to show up at Canadian retail and your so called specialty shop has yet to deliver on my pre-order.

As a customer I am not sending e-mail inquiries so I can be passed off (my last 2 inquiries have not seen a reply to this date). I am onlly looking for an answer that if you can't deliver on my order I would have begun looking elsewhere. I was told not to worry that my pre-order would be filled and you would get back to me.

This wave of figures is currently selling in the secondary market for 3x it's value and it has been 2 months since I last heard from you..

The service level I have received in regards to this issue is deplorable.

Please tell me when I can expect my figures.

Regards

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 04:34:17 PM by jjreason »

HomieBear

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • Pooing in the Woods

Because listen up you guys- the only reason I collect GI Joes is because I AM Snake Eyes.  you want me to come down there and get all snakey ninja on your ass?  I'm not afraid to you know. There's a time to be nice and a time to be Snake Eyes. Guess what time it is?
Sincerely,
Snake Eyes

But for real, I don't know what other options you really have but to keep pestering them. Good luck.

haggisking

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Not just the president but also a client!
    • View Profile

Is there another way to contact them aside from email?  Perhaps a phone number?  I think you are right to be concerned.  Hope this works out.
They're COLLECTIBLES.  They don't become TOYS until you take them out of the package.

NO exclusives please - we're Canadian!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile

This is the whole Toy Addict situation all over again from the sounds of it... excuses, ignoring of both emails and attempts to make contact... I wouldn't wait much longer beyond a week or two after your email before considering your legal options.  Is the store in Canada or the US?
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

arizona

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile

Guys this is not a Toy Addict thing.
No money has changed hands hence there is no legal issue here.
It's a pre-order.

The issue is when you put your faith in a retailer to order your goods and the retailer can or does not deliver in a timely fashion.
Then they proceed to ignore your e-mails when you contact them inquiring about the state of your pre-order.

It's about the customer getting pooched by being told their product is coming.

I am just wondering if anyone has had similar situations or suggestions.

cmkjmacd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • You must unlearn what you have learned!
    • View Profile

Although, I have yet to be in that situation, I would simply cancel my order with them and go at get them at another location. Also, tell them that you are no longer doing business with them because of their poor service. The good thing is that no money has exchanged hands.

arizona

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile

Is the store in Canada or the US?
It's a Canadian store napseeker and it's name is Legends!

Although, I have yet to be in that situation, I would simply cancel my order with them and go at get them at another location.
Unfortunately this wave has been unavailable for quite some time now, no one is able to get a restock on it. Wave 7 is already shipping. Unfortunately my only option is to keep my pre-order.

It's now been 5 days with no response from these guys. I have had some e-mails from other members on this board who are experiencing the same problem getting e-mails answered with regards to Joe pre-orders.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile

I don't want to make excuses - those guys have usually been very good at keeping in touch, especially with members of this site.

I know there has been a lot of change there over the past few months, though.... a move to a new location I believe, coupled with one of the main players departing for other pursuits. Could it be possible that your emails haven't been going through due to a change in email addresses?

You've been really patient, but it might be worth trying to contact them via a post here or PM to their Snowtroopers account (I believe the username is Steve@Legends - do a search of the user list and try to find one like that). I'm not sure if they're still looking at those or not.

I too hope this works out, they've done a LOT of good deals for the members of this site, including myself.

arizona

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile

It's now been over a week with no reply to my last e-mail.
Their e-mail has not changed, they are just ignoring people who are looking for answers.

I recommended these guys to people for years and have dropped a lot of cash with them.
I can't continue to recommend them anymore.

I remember the days when Andre was with Legends. E-mails were replied to quickly and he had a great rapport with the customers.
I can not say the same for the way Steve handles things and their service has been less than stellar since Andre departed.

I have no sympathy for their excuses of changes, hasbro causing the delays, moving stores or loss of staff. They are a business. Start acting like one.

The customer is the whole reason they exist. If ignoring them is their business plan then they really need a reality check.

Thanks to all the troopers who replied with recommendations I appreciate it.  :)`

Steve@Legends

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Everybody is entitled to MY opinion !
    • View Profile
    • Legends Action Figures

Arizona, just sent you a PM here, I don't think you are getting my e-mail responses for some reason!!!

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

I deal with Legends a fair bit and I do run into email problems with them though I don't think it is their fault... it may be a junk-mail filter with my provider. I always get quick responses from Steve when I use my work email but get no responses when I use my regular account.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Radiation74

Arizona, just sent you a PM here, I don't think you are getting my e-mail responses for some reason!!!

I was just gonna say, maybe you aren't getting his emails.

My brother sent me a parcel in the mail, I replied with a thank-you email, and he asked my mother if I had mentioned that I got something from him. Not all emails go through ( dunno why ). I have never heard any complaints from about Legends and I am pretty sure they have donated prizes in the past.

arizona

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile

Problem has been resolved and Legends have come through.  :)`
Admins please lock this thread.
Thank You
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170160
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 64
Total: 65

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 38 queries.