Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 08:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pedro Cabezuelo - Toy Addict  (Read 6924 times)

Sandtrooper Tyler

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com
Pedro Cabezuelo - Toy Addict
« on: June 04, 2008, 10:01:33 AM »

Well I think this is long over due and actually I'm suprised that I am the first one to post this here. But after several months with no replies (5 months to be exact) I think we can consider this guy a dead beat. It's unfortunate because for the year or so that I dealt with him he was great. I don't know what happened but as it stands now he owes me $200 or the 3 GG busts I ordered from him. Either way he has not replied to any of my emails and both his business and home phone have been disconected for months.

Pedro if you're reading this all we ask for is an explaination of what happened. You were a good guy who had fair prices and good communication. This silence is not the answer.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: Pedro Cabezuelo - Toy Addict
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:08:44 PM »

Just an update on this... loser... this week I was in the neighbourhood of where he once operated his toy store and managed to talk to his former landlord.   The landlord was actually quite a nice gentleman (although he seemed a bit depressed, no doubt due to the slow economy) and he informed me that he too was owed a "significant" amount of money from Pedro.   He was apparently given a cheque last year and contact info on reaching Pedro if the cheque didn't clear.  Needless to say, the cheque bounced and Pedro never responded to any attempts to contact him either by phone or email.   The actual name of his former business "Toy Addict" has apparently now been sold to another person.

It's been over a year and this loser hasn't paid back anyone; I've been to his low income housing apartment many many times and he either refuses to come out or doesn't bother to check his voice messages.  At the same time, I've indirectly learned that he does apparently have money to feed his Dr Who collecting habit, so there you go.  It's not that he can't pay people back - he just could care less. 

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 09:43:40 PM »

Just an update on this... loser... this week I was in the neighbourhood of where he once operated his toy store and managed to talk to his former landlord.   The landlord was actually quite a nice gentleman (although he seemed a bit depressed, no doubt due to the slow economy) and he informed me that he too was owed a "significant" amount of money from Pedro.   He was apparently given a cheque last year and contact info on reaching Pedro if the cheque didn't clear.  Needless to say, the cheque bounced and Pedro never responded to any attempts to contact him either by phone or email.   The actual name of his former business "Toy Addict" has apparently now been sold to another person.

It's been over a year and this loser hasn't paid back anyone; I've been to his low income housing apartment many many times and he either refuses to come out or doesn't bother to check his voice messages.  At the same time, I've indirectly learned that he does apparently have money to feed his Dr Who collecting habit, so there you go.  It's not that he can't pay people back - he just could care less. 

...can you take him to small claims court...he has to show his mugggg there or face tough penalties!

just a thought...
 :fett:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:14:11 AM »

This was already discussed among the snowtroopers here who got burned pre-paying this guy - and the answer is no, since to get him to small claims, you have to be able to physically hand him the court order.  And that's likely why Pedro will stay in hiding for the rest of his natural life to avoid that.  Even then, you can win in small claims and there's little actual enforcement to make him pay you.

I've seen that happen to others where the scumbucket simply ignores the court's directive until you've basically taken him back to small claims for the 12th time.

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 11:59:20 PM »

This was already discussed among the snowtroopers here who got burned pre-paying this guy - and the answer is no, since to get him to small claims, you have to be able to physically hand him the court order.  And that's likely why Pedro will stay in hiding for the rest of his natural life to avoid that.  Even then, you can win in small claims and there's little actual enforcement to make him pay you.

I've seen that happen to others where the scumbucket simply ignores the court's directive until you've basically taken him back to small claims for the 12th time.

bummer!!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 02:32:13 AM »

It only took half a decade, but Pedro came out of hiding and has a twitter account: @PCabezuelo

I don't remember who else here other than Sandtrooper Tyler got burned when Pedro basically took money for pre-orders, then closed shop and quietly went into hiding, but if you do attempt to contact him to complain, he will promptly block your twitter account and ignore you.

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 09:14:46 PM »

Just read this thread.  In the past I have taken a person to small claims court -did all the paper work and sued for all my extra time and hassle.  What he did was submit payment of what he owed me plus the court fees which at the time were an extra $80.  It was then my choice to take the cheque from the courts or continue to go to court.  I took the money .   I think most guilty people do not want to face a judge and try and justify their actions.  The trick is getting their address so they can be served.   The person I went after had moved way up North and I only knew the person name and what city he had moved to-his wife made the mistake of telling me.    So I called Bell and the nice telephone agent found the person's new unlisted number and address - I told her my story and then she gave me his address after she figured out that the guy was going to get away with ripping someone off if she did not give me the address.   I would have loved to see him when he got the paper work that he was being sued by a kid half his age!!!
:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 02:23:10 AM »

Not knowing that much about small claims, I assume that one of the reasons Pedro went into hiding was because he didn't want to make it easy for people to find him and take him to court. He obviously wanted to wait out his debt collectors until they gave up and went away.

And apparently a LOT of people were after him... 8 snowtroopers from this site, and I think about 6 to 7 mattel collectors from another toysite, plus Rogers (who handled his store phone service) and his landlord that he wrote several bad cheques to (I recall that it was for something like 5-6 months worth of rent, so likely a couple thousand bucks).  He owes me about $250, and it seems from other forum reports the typical amount that people pre-paid with him was in the $100 to $150 range, so that's a lot of money for a guy living with his mommy and no other income other than his failed store.

That said, he's been working steadily for years, at least as far back as 2011. He has my contact info and I gave him the emails of the other snowtroopers he owed money to way back in 2008, so he could've paid any of us back in the past 8 years.  Or even just contacted me/them to apologize and make amends.  I think his silence is proof of what kind of "man" he really is. And that he used his poor elderly mother to fend off constant calls from collection agencies instead of dealing with it himself, says all one needs to know about his maturity.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170155
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 58
Total: 62

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 39 queries.