Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 08:41:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

66 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: $1000 to invest - what to do?  (Read 2901 times)

richd

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I ain't no stinkin' llama!
    • View Profile
Re: $1000 to invest - what to do?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »

Talk to an advisor if you have the chance to, they'll know better than us Star Wars geeks :cool0037:

Sometimes I don't think so . . . they'll probably say the same things we are. Heck, if they know so much, why is everyone losing money? LOL

stormtripper

• <A+++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 10:08:04 PM »

good for you for saving, I would say that if you like painting and think you can get paid for that then by all means invest it that way. $1000 is a far bit of cake but it is recoverable if you lose it. Do something you will enjoy and not even think about the cash!
Forum Feedback Link

North Vancouver, Hollywood North....
MTMFnFBWY

Massacre Mike

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Beep booop
    • View Profile
    • The Mental Kavity
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 10:19:12 AM »

Wow - I see my thread is still carrying on - that's great! And there are a lot of great ideas here!

I've been away from the forums for a a week or so - was busy with work and then sick for a bit. On the mend now. Actually met up with napseeker last weekend and he is just full of ideas, lots in the graphics and 3D arena.

As for investing, well, I'm not all familiar with that area but I do get the theory about investing low and selling high. However, what if things NEVER get better? Ha ha - pretty apocalyptic thought I guess, but you never know. For now, I've just been investing a bit in myself, buying a few odds and ends that I need to do more artwork and stuff. I actually opened an online shop for selling artwork. Check it out here and lemme know what you think:

http://bluntforcetrauma.etsy.com

So far I've only seen a couple sales, but that's better than nothing. I like Canadian Jedi's idea of doing custom, one of a kind illustrations for people and that is very duable. If anyone has a special occassion coming up and wants a custom piece of artwork, do let me know!

Finally, the Nigerian comment had me rolling on the floor laughing. Waaaaay too funny.

Cheers everyone!   :u:

Mike
Visit my blog for all sorts of exciting genre-related content... and of course... STAR WARS.

http://thementalkavity.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169102
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 66
Total: 68

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 38 queries.