Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2018, 02:21:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

43 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The future of Snowtroopers.ca  (Read 4469 times)

Dakotaice

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: The future of Snowtroopers.ca
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 02:48:52 PM »

I do understand about being to busy and you have to let something go.  With 3 kids, a wife, we both have full time jobs. Finding time and energy to spend on collecting is getting harder all the time.  I remember when I found this site I was so happy to have a Canadian "Geek" site.  I enjoy reading the opinions of other collectors and seeing the pictures of collections that are posted. 

I would totally understand if the site shut down but would not like it.  I'm sure we could share info on Facebook or some other site.

Thank you for this site and do whats best for you and your family.

Brinn 71

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Snowtroopers do it better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 03:09:28 PM »

Hey Koda.  THANKS for all your excellent work here!  I visit a few times daily, and LOVE it here.  I don't contribute unless I find something on the pegs that no one else has reported, wich is rare, as someone always beats me to it, but i still visit daily!  It would suck if it went away, but if you don't have the time, I understand!  Life gets very busy, doesn't it?

But WE ARE CANADIAN!  And this site ROCKS!  :snowtroopers:

I AM CANADIAN!

MacKillop

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • www.shammyboys.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 06:40:10 PM »

Hey Kevin - I don't post much but I can assure you that I visit daily and would certainly miss snowtroopers.ca if it were to close. I've been around since POTNS and love reading up on the Canadian side of the hobby. I too have "met" a lot of people through this site and have had some fantastic trades. I know its a great deal of work on your part but I guarantee that this snowtrooper is very appreciative

Craig

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »

..THIS THREAD IS ROCKIN...LET'S KEEP IT GOING'...I have to agree with HOMIE BEAR...the hilighted "NEWBIE"item's are a definite plus...
Another note was the mention of future sales...I love it when EASTERN CANADA posts about new releases..this give's us outt WEST a chance to gear up for some NEW STUFF....

This site for me is a pleasure ..I'M A TOY GEEK...I DON'T HIDE THE FACT ,but it's tough talkin' toy's anywhere than here!!...

keep it goin'...keep it goin'...keep it goin'!!!!!

FamilyMan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 10:20:44 PM »

Firstyl, I LOVE THIS SITE!!,,,
I havent been around lately, due to injuries. But I am back now and I would not like this site to close.
This is the only real place I have for connections to people with the same interests as me.
I enjoy nearly all sections.
Especially the customs section, new toys and reviews section and the sw and non star wars tv and movies section.
It is a great way for me and my son to see cool new things.
I visit here at least once a day. This site is like a second home for me. It is a great place to come and feel like I belong somewhere, and wont get laughed at when I talk about my love for all things SW and all things Toys.
Please keep the site going, and if I can help out in anyway I would love to.
Want to make your own costumes? have little to no budget? visit me at http://costumesarecool.weebly.com/ for some great tips, helpfull adivise and tutorials..

Rotaxxx

• <A+ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Selling my collection..contact me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »

Keep the site going..it will be missed for sure..

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 12:22:21 PM »

I must echo the sentiment of fellow snowtroopers.  I love this site, although I dont post much I am on here multiple times a day.  It gives me  hope when I see new sitings of figs, so I can focus my toy runs.  Without this I guess I would have to turn to one of those big american sites, where the forums dont offer enough Canadian content.  I have been collecting Star Wars figs for over 30 years,  and I would hate to see this important site for Canadian collectors go by the way side.  I do however understand that you have to look out for the best interests of your family.  I really hope we can all find  a way to keep this together.

haggisking

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Not just the president but also a client!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 12:24:18 AM »

I don't spend as much time here as I have in the past but I still check the forums most days.  For me, this site has a lot of history.  There is nothing in my bookmarks that has been there longer than Snowtroopers.ca.  There are great people here who I would miss.  I, too, would be happy to contribute a few dollars in order to keep this distinctly Canadian part of a larger community represented on the internet.   :)`
They're COLLECTIBLES.  They don't become TOYS until you take them out of the package.

NO exclusives please - we're Canadian!

cmkjmacd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • You must unlearn what you have learned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 12:48:25 AM »

I have been here since the POTNS and this is where I always come to get my Star Wars fix. Doesn't matter if there is anything new or not, I just need to know. Although I haven't posted much over the past few months (usually isn't much out there or always have the funding to buy stuff), I still do post and it gives me the opportunity to help out other troopers who may not always get to the local TRUs or Wallys on a regular basis to check what is there. I like the new look of the forums and would hate to see this place close. Although I am not a computer genius or always online as often as some of the other members, I would be willing to do what I can to help keep this site going.

FortTrooper

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 10:05:59 PM »

Please keep Snowtroopers alive.

I have to admit I used to spend a lot more time on this site than I do.

If not for this site I know I would have not made so many great friends with fellow collectors.

I feel guilty for spending much more of my time on other forums, but I simply do not find that there are enough collectors on here and there's even less product that makes it harder to find the things that I am missing from my collection.

FT
Wants:
- One Kelloggs Clone helmet
- one more Jango toy blaster or Jango holster and blasters set

MCQUARRIES
-McQuarrie Chewie (U.S card)
-Snowtrooper (U.S card)

MASTER REPLICAS

FX Sabres
-Yoda
-Mace Windu

sewbacca

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 04:49:51 AM »

It would be a sad day if Snowtroopers dissappeared. Basically only Canadian SW site I know and it was the site that got me collecting. Stay around I say.
The circle is now complete. When I left I was but the learner, now I am the master

DarthBane

• Butt Kickin'
  • Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Jedi Butt Whooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 11:38:49 AM »

I have also been here in the POTNS days and still check the site daily.

I know I dont post much but I do try to let the guys in my provincial area know when things hit thre local stores...and thanks to hasbro thats not very ofton.

I hope we can find a way to keep the forums up and running.
-DarthBane
Shediac, New Brunswick
Loose Collector Extraordinare  

General Yoda

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Disa Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 01:51:51 PM »

This is easily the BEST Canadian Star Wars collecting site on the web. I know I'll be really sad if it closes up. Especially in the Provincial forums, you get rapports going with other members and we help each other out and the majority of us Canadian collectors wouldn't even know of each other if it wasn't for Snowtroopers. I think DarthVader77 would agree on that too  ;)

The majority of SW collecting sites concentrate on U.S-related releases and whatnot .. with Snowtroopers, we get the Canadian equivalent and perspective .. Canadian figure releases, prices, sales and deals of the week. This IS the hub of all Star Wars collectors and collecting in Canada as far as I'm concerned.. and if it goes then it will be a very sad day for all of us who love this place and love Star Wars and collecting. You've given soo many of us this wonderful place to meet and chat in and I really hope it stays open.

iceman

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • THE PASSION THAT UNITES US ALL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2009, 11:42:26 PM »

I found this site by accident back in 2004. since then, I have met some new friends, bought a ton of new stuff that without this site, i would have never either known about or found. Living outside a major city, I have used this site many times to find things, or get deals on items, and share news. I don't come on this site as much as I used to. I tend to hit Rebelscum alot more now because of all the updates. But I still come here for different info. Would I miss this site, sure I would. But I understand that it does take alot of time to keep this thing going. Its a "luxury" for me, and I am sure that we would find each other on different site. an option we could do is expand on the Crackbook group. I know that there are roughly 60 of us on there, and I know that there are other members that used to be on here that are on there now too.  Just post a personal message so in case I wander off for a week or 2, i know that this site will shut down.   CHEERS TO ALL   :u:

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 11:58:50 AM »

Glad this is tille up and running.  If only people would post liek they did for this thread all the time!

Actually, I guess I shouldn't say much, as I have been away for a long time.  I thought life was going to get much quieter after finishing residency - wrong!  But now that I am settled in my office/hospital, things are much more manageable.  I am on a conference in San Diego this week, which is why I am on frequently now, but hopefully will be checking/posting daily from now on.

So thanks, Koda, for all of your work to keep things going.  I will do my best to help out.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170131
  • Total Topics: 14397
  • Online Today: 82
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 43
Total: 47

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 38 queries.