Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 06:02:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: OFFICIAL SNOWTROOPERS DIORAMA CONTEST - We have a WINNER!  (Read 10524 times)

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL SNOWTROOPERS DIORAMA CONTEST - We have a WINNER!
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »

Congrats Richd! You deserved it for your insanely constructed and insanely temporary (maybe you could move this to a local comic/toy store for at least a few weeks display???) set up!

A big thanks from me too Sanja! I had a lot of fun doing this and as I said before I thank you too for motivating me to actually do a dio in the first place since I've tried to self-start for years and never found the time or energy. I'm looking forward to next year's contest too though I'm less inclined to support the "allow photoshop" option since photoshop, if legally acquired, can be expensive and give an unfair advantage and start to deviate, IMO, from what a true dio is all about. I think they should be presented in photos as close as they would look if you were in their physical presence. Why not experiment with light sources, etc? I found that a few of the more detailed photos I used, with backlighting behind the Emperor and his blue lightning glowed quite nicely on its own without any photoshop touching up. Helped that he was in a dark area of course, but still...

I agree though that a 5 or slightly more photo limit might be better too. It would allow one to highlight some of the more exciting details of one's work and not use 60 to 100 percent of one's photo limit on just showing the entire thing from six feet away (those 4 inch figures can start to look pretty small at that distance and any details in the environment's construction can become lost). And yeah, sure, much smaller prizes for 2nd and 3rd would be a bonus but the generosity of that first place prize is already beyond the call! :)  Now, if I decide to turn my entire house into a section of the death star and recruit my family to be living action figures, will I be allowed to use video to show it off? That's my burning question!  ???

JesseVader08

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • Playing with my Galactic Heroes
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2009, 03:31:11 AM »

Congrats to all the entrants for doing such a great job and making it tough on the judges!

Thanks a million to Sanjai for sponsoring the contest. :love0030:

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »

I just want to say thank you to ambasah, for setting this contest up. I had a load of fun working on my own dio and seeing everyone's finished product. I would totally up to doing this again next year. Good job everybody.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

richd

• <A++ Trader>
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I ain't no stinkin' llama!
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL SNOWTROOPERS DIORAMA CONTEST
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2009, 08:57:08 PM »

Hi everyone. I am pleased to announce we have a winner!

Congrats to Richd for his awesome dio.

The maul/bloodfin statue will be on it's way to you soon.

I will definately be doing this again next November...so start thinking about your submissions for the next contest! I had a blast!  :u:

Sorry I didn't post this sooner, I was in Vegas . . .

Thank-you Sanjai for putting on this contest and thank-you judges for taking time to look at our creations.

:snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers: :snowtroopers:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170105
  • Total Topics: 14395
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 59
Total: 61

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 38 queries.