Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 10:53:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

19 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Vintage is back?  (Read 6240 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Vintage is back?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 01:20:36 AM »

Oh yes, I think it was always obvious that no clamshell was going to be provided this time. No one would be foolish enough to think this was the 2004-style VotC at basic figure prices.  Basically what everyone has suspected for months now is basically being confirmed bit-by-bit by reliable sources on the US forums as we edge nearer to ToyFair - and as Stan has hinted at, there's more to come (presumably at the SD comic con).

And my suggestion about Dooku is, while of course realizing that Hasbro can just do a repack, would ideally just see perhaps a merge of the Evo and RotS (the lower legs of the Evo with the upper body of the RotS). Like I said, it'd be nice for Hasbro to put a bit of effort into it, and a kitbash would, as Adam over at GH often cites, be a "new enough" figure that collectors who might skip a pure repack because the new card isn't worth rebuying him, be tempted into buying him. Plus there'd be no real tooling costs given that both molds exist.

After BaD, I think the new pack-in is a major disappointment, but then again this will save me bundles of money - I'll happily skip any pure repacked figures and the pack-in is obvously now no longer any incentive unlike with BaD. 

At any rate, one has to wonder just how many surprises will be left by ToyFair in only a few weeks given the leakage and confirmation rate (Stan, Yakface, the Hasbro customer service dept, Hasbro Q&A itself, eBay prototypes) though I doubt any fans are complaining - it's certainly kept this from being a dull month.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 08:06:51 AM »

And count on Hasbro Canada to give us the four-lingual package treatment for us Canucks, with the simple generic black and silver design. Canadian collectors looking for esthetics will certainly want to get their hands on the US version of the figures.

Multilingual for sure, but generic too? Hopefully not. See my above post. Or do you know something we don't?

At any rate, one has to wonder just how many surprises will be left by ToyFair in only a few weeks given the leakage and confirmation rate (Stan, Yakface, the Hasbro customer service dept, Hasbro Q&A itself, eBay prototypes) though I doubt any fans are complaining - it's certainly kept this from being a dull month.

I like the bits of info flowing out leading up to toy fair. But hopefully there will still be some surprises. And I always like looking at the actual pictures and the slide show for the upcoming year, so Toy Fair will be fun. :) Between all the lines I'm interested in (even if I don't collect them all) there's always enough to look at. I'm really hoping for a couple classic GI Joe tidbits and not just movie/post-movie junk.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:11:49 AM by Darth Cujo »

Canadian Jedi

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • When all else fails - send in the wookiee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 09:00:18 PM »

Daryltic:

Have you heard about the new app called Kiss My Ass You Jerk.  It is amazing .   jjreason - delete delete delete delete delete.

:r2d2line:                      CANADA STRONG AND FREE       :r2d2line:

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 09:04:14 PM »

Sorry guys.  :speechless-smiley-004:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169129
  • Total Topics: 14345
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 19
Total: 21

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 40 queries.