Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 12:03:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

25 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Clone Wars 2010 Wave 2  (Read 5831 times)

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
The Clone Wars 2010 Wave 2
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:23:05 PM »

I know there are a ton of Star Wars fans out there who just can't get into the new Clone Wars series but every time Hasbro puts out a wave of figures I can't help but think they are all missing out.
Despite being labeled by Hasbro as a "kid focused" line I'm lining my shelves with these figures that outnumber the Original Trilogy.

CW42 Anakin Skywalker (snow gear)
A great entry in the line with decent articulation and nice little touches like a removable hood and snow-goggles. The package boasts "Includes Lightsaber™!" but why wouldn't it? That's like cake without the icing. A hood-up version would be the only missing accessory worth mentioning. Maybe next time?

CW43 Thi-Sen
For an obscure bar-room alien this race has seen quite a few excellent entries into the plastic hall of fame and Thi-Sen is no exception. He's worth his weight in plastic for sure. Tons of articulaton and great accessories. He's worth picking up a couple of if you want to start your own Talz tribe.

CW44 Clone Commander Stone
It's worth noting that Stone is sporting a new (and the future of clones) articulated body.  I'm okay with the swivel waist replacing the ball-joint torso but the lack of ankle joints is a bit of a let-down. Without ankles we're back to figures that topple regularly (without bases). Still, Stone is an excellent addition to the ranks.

CW45 Darth Sidious
Well it's about time! Coming late to the game (behind key characters like Goldie) is the ultimate Star Wars villain Darth Sidious. I like everything about this figure except for the very flimsy and transparent cloak. It's a toss-up... fabric cloaks never give the right look as far as the hoods go and plastic cloaks really limit figure movement. The half-and-half approach is a good attempt at a compromise but this version is far too thin and his non-articulated, pencil-legs really see the light of day.

CW46 Commander TX-20
At last a commander droid to complete the droid infantry. Another great figure that looks like it walked right out of the TV and aside from the boy-targetted weapon accessories he comes with a neat little Wat Tambor hologram.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:26:02 PM by Hellboy »
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

HomieBear

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • Pooing in the Woods
Re: The Clone Wars 2010 Wave 2
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 01:58:02 AM »

Thi-sen is fantastic!  Really nice job on him. I like how he has a "removable battle club!" He also has a removable head  so you can put his shield backpack thing on.
I also got the snow Anakin. Looks great, too.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:57:34 AM »

I haven't picked any of these up yet, (hopefully soon) but I saw my very first Commander Stone at Walmart the other day. I was going to get him, but his face just hit me. It appears to be crazy. I couldn't bring myself to put it in my cart, I thought it was so bad. Was this just the figure I saw, or do all Stones have a crazy look on their face?
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »

I think he has a cocked eyebrow but the one I got looks good. Sometimes the eyes get painted poorly but that's why I like finding them when they first hit... more to choose from.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 12:02:11 AM »

I'll have to check the next one I see, to see if it is different. It definitely helps when there is more than one on the pegs. Lately, I haven't seen more than one figure of each at a time.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 10:43:07 PM »

sorry to bump the old thread, but i just got stone and the commander droid.
stone is pretty good, but i'm not liking the new articulation. why change something thats already perfect?
the commander droid is great! i wish his legs were articulated, but i guess he stands up better without them being. plus, the firing accessory is not too over-the-top, and works as well as his actual one. i don't know if it's just the one i got though, but his right arm is really loose at the elbow. it just hangs there if i put his shoulder up. i may have just been too rough taking it out of the package though ^^;

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »

sorry to bump the old thread, but i just got stone and the commander droid.
stone is pretty good, but i'm not liking the new articulation. why change something thats already perfect?
the commander droid is great! i wish his legs were articulated, but i guess he stands up better without them being. plus, the firing accessory is not too over-the-top, and works as well as his actual one. i don't know if it's just the one i got though, but his right arm is really loose at the elbow. it just hangs there if i put his shoulder up. i may have just been too rough taking it out of the package though ^^;

..NO IT'S THE DANG CHEAP PLASTIC THESE COMPANIE'S ARE USING THESE DAYS!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170177
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 25
Total: 26

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 38 queries.