Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 07:19:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Geonosis Assault  (Read 3504 times)

Yael

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • I will show you fear in a handful of dust...
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
Geonosis Assault
« on: March 12, 2010, 11:12:15 PM »

Great Set. I got it just for the Bubble-Turret Cannon Sphere. Wish It had of come with 2 Spheres and 1 figures,instead of 1 Sphere and two figures (pilots) but I guess Hasbro has to make money somehow. :-\  Figures are good and the Sphere looks great on the gunship.  The $35.00 price hurts a bit. Aren't we suppose to be in some sort of recession?

See my collection at:    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bill_ellis

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Geonosis Assault
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 12:41:50 AM »

I had picked up two of these sets when they first hit the shelves but I ended up returning them.

1. First off I found them too large for the vehicle even though there was no way to make them smaller and hold a figure.
2. $35 was too steep for a plastic ball and 2 figures I did not need.
3. Clone Wars clone figures do not fit properly inside.
4. The range of motion that enabled the arms to swing and keep the seated pilot upright was extremely limiting.

When all was said and done and I had spent $70 on essentially 2 tiny items that did not meet my standards I just didn't see the value in having them. I feel bad that Hasbro made an attempt to get these things out to collectors because they had been requested so much but for the price it's a complete failure in my opinion. $35 for 2 spheres and 1 figure might have been more in line with what they are worth.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 12:59:16 AM »

I agree with Hellboy's points although it has been tough to say no over and over again to these. My main issue with them is that AFAIK, you attach them and you can't rest the gunship on your shelf or desk any more (mine sits atop the top of my bookshelf due to lack of space anywhere else to display). The pods are not adjustable so they can be moved higher up to allow for the whole thing to sit level.

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 07:12:53 AM »

yeah, 35$ would be way too steep a price for just one of these. i'd maybe buy two sets at 20$ clearence/sale, but, not 35$ :shakehead:
that, and these never showed up anywhere around my area. i have been wanting to get them, mostly because i need some clone pilots for my gunship/ARC-170

Yael

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • I will show you fear in a handful of dust...
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »

I agree with HB.  Getting that Clone postioned correctly was like pushing a string. I never thought about the fact that they can't be adjusted to sit on a shelf. That even takes away the playabilty as well. Hasbro seem to miss the mark on this one. All these things would have been tolerable with a lower price point.   
See my collection at:    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bill_ellis

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 07:25:36 PM »

Actually there is one position that will enable your ship to sit flat with the turrets lifted. It's not the most appealing position (the turrets are back by the doors) but at least it works if you want to sit your gunship on a shelf.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

FamilyMan

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 08:36:32 AM »

need a bigger gunship, that will fix the problem. I would love for them to build a huge gunship.
Want to make your own costumes? have little to no budget? visit me at http://costumesarecool.weebly.com/ for some great tips, helpfull adivise and tutorials..

cmkjmacd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • You must unlearn what you have learned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 10:33:12 PM »

Be nice if these things had made it out to Edmonton, I could use a few. As my gunships are 'in battle', it wouldn't bother me where they sat on the gunships. But, with product distribution being so poor, I'm probably have to pay double what they would be at TRU or Wally.

CloneCommander1138

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 11:27:45 PM »

Well....i kinda like them...and likely they are the best we will get. They are definitely way to big for the gunship, and its hard to get the pilot figure to sit inside properly, but they do make the gunship look kinda cool, after both are on. I would have been much happier with 2 bubbles for the price of a battlepack...which is so much more reasonable....still a better value than that gelugrub pack...
CC1138

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 07:06:03 PM »

Be nice if these things had made it out to Edmonton, I could use a few. As my gunships are 'in battle', it wouldn't bother me where they sat on the gunships. But, with product distribution being so poor, I'm probably have to pay double what they would be at TRU or Wally.

cmkjmacd, I have seen these sets twice in the Edmonton area. Once at the WM in Wetaskiwin and the other time at another WM in Edmonton (I can't recall which one though) I didn't buy either of them. It was well over a month ago too, and haven't seen the set since.

My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 11:29:52 AM »

This is really too bad - a great idea that just falls apart because of ridiculous pricing.  Anyone know the US price for these?  Are we getting jacked in Canada?

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 12:35:25 PM »

They were/are priced the same as all the other battlepacks. The value just isn't there in my opinion... of course that pretty much goes for all the battlepacks.

Trust me.

Cmdr Bacara

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • I whacked Ki-Adi Mundi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 12:46:22 PM »

This is really too bad - a great idea that just falls apart because of ridiculous pricing.  Anyone know the US price for these?  Are we getting jacked in Canada?

Battle packs are typically $25 in the US.  They were $20 almost everywhere and then they jumped $5 a set AND they went from 5-4 figures.

Hellboy is right on with regards to the lack of value. 

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 03:54:02 PM »

and then somehow jumped to 35$  :/
honestly, if i could find a couple plastic bobbles or something, i'd probably just make a couple of these myself

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »

I could never bring myself to buy one of these sets. I always knew in the back of my mind that I would have to buy two in order to complete the look for my Gunship.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169117
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 48
Total: 49

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 38 queries.