Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 01:30:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC, have your say...  (Read 1505 times)

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
TVC, have your say...
« on: March 22, 2010, 09:01:55 PM »

I think we ourselves can gauge how successful TVC will be. It is going to be mostly repacks and resculpts of already released figures (e.g. Bespin Luke).  I'm sure we're all excited for the Kenner-style card, but even I'm mixed about the idea of spending so much just to buy it for the card.  

Hearing that we'll see Commander Cody repacked is good (maybe they'll actually fix some of the errors of the TLC version?) but another release of the Sandtrooper is so-so if all it is turns out to be the Saga Legends one again with no improvements.  A rumor about R5-D4 being repacked again is a) cool to see on the Kenner card at last, b) bad when apparently it's the same TSC figure with probably more dirt paint.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 09:25:10 AM by fishfan »
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 25% Off Star Wars Figures, Vehicles and Role-Play at TRU
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 12:41:40 AM »

..bad when apparently it's the same TSC figure with probably more dirt paint.

I thought Hasbro said they were working on a new R2 with more accurate detailing (scribed panels on the dome and body rather than recessed) and if that's true I would imagine the body would at least get used for the R5 as well.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Brinn 71

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Snowtroopers do it better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:06:59 AM »

..bad when apparently it's the same TSC figure with probably more dirt paint.

I thought Hasbro said they were working on a new R2 with more accurate detailing (scribed panels on the dome and body rather than recessed) and if that's true I would imagine the body would at least get used for the R5 as well.

Yep!  I KNEW there was a reason Hasbro FINALLY gave us the silver domed R2 repainted R4-G9 after all the times asked!   >:(

Ah well, if its a better version I shouldn't complain.   :artoo:
I AM CANADIAN!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 04:45:20 AM »

Yep!  I KNEW there was a reason Hasbro FINALLY gave us the silver domed R2 repainted R4-G9 after all the times asked!   >:(

That's pretty much why I didn't buy the Resurgence BP myself, the upgraded R2 mold was actually something Hasbro first mentioned when I asked them in one of the Q&As (over at Sandtroopers, not here) about when they'd give us an R2 with the same kind of gizmos as the Clone Wars version.  They specifically did say they were looking into the possibility of that for R2 (not R5 btw, which is why the rumor that a TVC R5D4 continues to revolve around the likelihood that it is just a repack of TSC+ more paint  >:(  )

It would actually make sense for Hasbro not to give us an R5 using the new R2 "bells and whistles" mold. We buy R5 again for the Kenner card, then down the road, Hasbro sells us R5 again, on a different cardback, but with the carrot being that it uses the new "ultimate" BaW R2 mold.  We'll always keep clamouring for astromechs to be upgraded to the newest R2D2 mold - why? Because some of us are addicts and Hasbro is our crack dealer  :speechless-smiley-004:  Alternatively, a BaW R5D4 could be released in a future battlepack like "Sale of the Droids"  or something.

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
Re: TVC, have your say...
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 09:26:26 AM »

Hey guys, I split this topic and renamed it from the 25% off thread as it didn't seem to make much sense keeping that line going.  Feel free to continue discussion on the new line here.

FF :u:

Brinn 71

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 09:33:44 AM »

It would actually make sense for Hasbro not to give us an R5 using the new R2 "bells and whistles" mold. We buy R5 again for the Kenner card, then down the road, Hasbro sells us R5 again, on a different cardback, but with the carrot being that it uses the new "ultimate" BaW R2 mold.  We'll always keep clamouring for astromechs to be upgraded to the newest R2D2 mold - why? Because some of us are addicts and Hasbro is our crack dealer  :speechless-smiley-004:  Alternatively, a BaW R5D4 could be released in a future battlepack like "Sale of the Droids"  or something.

SHHHH!!!  Hasbro might hear you!!!!!!!   :(

I AM CANADIAN!

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 10:40:48 AM »

IMO - we don't really need repacks of certain figs - although, as pointed out, having the cards would be nice....
Bespin Luke is unnecessary. Sure, the belt is done better and such, but we just got a Bespin Luke a couple years ago.
Echo Base Hangar Han is a ripper. Obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks it should be just a straight up Bespin Han figure, and bollocks to waiting til 2011 for him!

Here's hoping the ANH and ROTJ waves have some figs that we've all been hoping for (ie: Ackbar, Pig Guard, Ponda, Evazan, etc)
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

Brinn 71

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 11:09:58 AM »

You know, looking at what they did to 3P0, even though the BAD 3P0 body was excellent, maybe a TVC R2 and R5 WOULD be on a new, spiffier body.

But like most, I'm picking and choosing my figures to buy.  Vader and Boba are definite NOs for me, since I am VERY happy with the ones I have already, despite the nice card.  I'm a sucker for Luke, Han and Leia, so I'll be grabbing them.
I AM CANADIAN!

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 12:32:06 PM »

For the most part the vintage collection will be a novelty for me. I'll be picking up, for certain, the figures I had as a kid and the figures I really wanted as a kid. There will also be ones that are too cool to pass up but it's not going to be a completionist venture by any means (unless TRU keeps having 1/2 price sales :D).
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »

I'm gonna be selective, as I said before. But I actually like repacks if they're nice figures and on a vintage card for the first time. I'd get them to keep carded. OT only, of course. :) A sandtrooper on a vintage card is nice, I'll get one to keep carded. Probably wont bother with one to open since I'm quite happy with the sandtroopers I have. But as the line continues, even some of us hardcore collectors are becoming more and more selective, so it will be interesting to see if the line will be reinvigorated. I think the vintage packaging will definately give it a boost, at least temporarily. But even that will become tapped out eventually.

For carded figures, my primary interest is the original 21 (I think it was 21) all on STAR WARS card backs (not ESB, not ROTJ, though I like those too). If that's all we got, the vintage packaging could end and I'd be happy. For example Vader is coming on an ESB card for a second time, but I want him on a SW card. And a Death Squad Commander would be nice. :) Anyways, we shall see.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:38:50 AM by Darth Cujo »

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 10:40:54 AM »

Found a link over on yakface with a listing of what the first 3 waves of vintage will be:

Wave 1: (We saw from TF)
VC01) DENGAR
VC02) CLOUD CAR PILOT
VC03) LEIA (HOTH OUTFIT)
VC04) HAN SOLO (ECHO BASE OUTFIT)
VC05) LUKE SKYWALKER (BESPIN FATIGUES)
VC06) AT-AT COMMANDER
VC07) C-3PO
VC08) DACK RALTER
VC09) DARTH VADER
VC10) BOBA FETT
VC11) 4-LOM

Wave 2/3: (All of these reek of repacks!)
VC12) DARTH SIDIOUS
VC13) ANAKIN SKYWALKER
VC14) SANDTROOPER
VC15) CLONE TROOPER
VC16) OBI-WAN KENOBI
VC17) GENERAL GRIEVOUS
VC18) MAGNAGUARD
VC19) CLONE COMMANDER CODY
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 11:30:19 AM »

Yuck, that would suck if Anakin and Obi-Wan were both in the Saga line and the Vintage line. But I 'm pretty sure that Hasbro has stated that Ani, Obi and Sidious were all going to be re dos. As for the whole Vintage line, I am pretty excited for it. And will be picking up probably most of the figures. But I think it will all be based on what they look like in person. This time around I'm going to have less inticement to finish a BAD. Like, Hellboy said, TRU's 1/2 price sales will help me out a bunch.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170159
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 65
Total: 65

Page created in 1.692 seconds with 38 queries.