Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 11:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

38 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: McFarlanes NHL 2010  (Read 2714 times)

iceman

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • THE PASSION THAT UNITES US ALL
    • View Profile
McFarlanes NHL 2010
« on: April 21, 2010, 01:07:58 AM »

wave 24 seems to be hard to find.  Calgary/ Red Deer Zellers are loaded with their back up, Toskala, and at full price of $18.  Good Lord, send them back to the manufacturer and melt them down for a curb or something

General Yoda

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Disa Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlanes NHL 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:22:51 AM »

NHL 24 would be hard to find right now... so far as I know, it doesn't ship until the first week of May  :tongue0024:

Zellers is a write-off for Sportspicks in my area as well ... soooo many Leaf players.. soo many Toskalas ... even the last series, all my Zellers got was a case of Schenn's.

These CLs are stupid to find too ... I don't even bother.. I was lucky enough to find a Superchase Brodeur and two Superchase Shane Doans at retail but that's it ... haven't seen anything since.. though I was able to obtain all three Team Canada CLs for retail price through my cousin.

iceman

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 01:56:52 AM »

found a super chase brodeur today thru a soaker shop.  needed it too bad to say no.  #382 or something like that

watts

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
  • Are you sitting comfortably- than we'll begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 02:47:38 AM »

JN.06.10.
I've come to a new way of collecting when it comes to McF SPs...
I will only buy what I like that comes in to my town.
I'll put it this way.
Zellers- last line was 2009 wave crap.
WalMart- NHL17
Local Comic shop mentioned he had his most recent orders cancelled.

Looks like I haven't had to buy crap for the last year.
If you give a kid a fish you feed him for a day...
If you teach him how to fish you feed him for life.

In my experience if you teach him how to fish
he spends all his time in the basement tying "flies".
Jimmy James/News Radio

iceman

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 12:58:07 AM »

i've ordered from these 2 places from the States.  got some harder to find figs, and prices are decent.  My local Wm refuses to bring in, so I have to eith go this route or do a road trip to winnipeg to find figs

http://www.clarktoys.com/
http://www.figurefanatic.com/index.cfm

Morgbug

• <A+++ Trader> Grumpy
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • grumpy and old
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 11:41:57 PM »

Ordering would be the wiser move - I've seen the latest series in Selkirk and on Ellice (plus TRU) Walmarts but haven't seen it at any others.  It's just not popular to stock it anymore. 
what?  I'm cranky.

iceman

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 10:47:04 AM »

doesn't help that all the Zellers got sucked into buying every case of Toskala ever made.  been to about 10 zellers across the country and all their shelves are plugged up with him. Brandon (was there yesterday) finally put them on sale at $10.  I got mine at WM a few years back for $5.
With the collector level, if you can find either a specialty shop or an online shop, thats your best way to go if you want a certain figure. if you want a basic figure, WM and TRU will work for that.

iceman

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 11:06:07 AM »

the other thing i found is Clark Toys is great for sending updates about whats coming out. Wave 25 and 26 have been announced with a few pics. Nothing has come up on the McFarlanes site on these yet.

Series 25  8 Player Lineup (US & Canada Assortments): Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks; Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins; Scoot Gomez, Montreal Canadiens; Henrik Sedin, Vancouver Canucks; Dutin Penner, Edmonton Oilers (Canada Assortment); Phil Kessel, Toronto Maple Leafs (Canada Assortment); Marion Gaborik, New York Rangers (US Assortment); Nickalas Backstrom (US Assortment).

Series 26  JAROSLAV HALAK - MONTREAL CANADIENS; ALEX OVECHKIN 5 WASHINGTON CAPITALS; MIKE FISHER - OTTAWA SENATORS; ZACH PARISE - NEW JERSEY DEVILS; RYAN KESLER - VANCOUVER CANUCKS; JEAN-SEBASTIAN GIGUERE - TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS; RYAN MILLER 2 - BUFFALO SABRES.

***RYAN GETZLAF - ANAHEIM DUCKS, WILL BE A COLLECTOR LEVEL ONLY***

this series because its not till November release, might change now.  My original understanding it was to be Dion Phaneuf instead of JS Gigeure as the Leafs player

There is also a Team Canada 2010 set to be released in October with White jerseys.

Jonathan Toews, Martin Brodeur, Rick Nash, Robert Luongo, Sidney Crosby, Eric Staal, Joe Thornton, Jarome Iginla.

There is also the Grosnor picks again this year.  Ales Hemsky, Don Cherry, Dion Phaneuf, Lanny McDonald (Flames), Lanny McDonald (Maple Leafs).

General Yoda

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Disa Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »

here's my question .. did McFarlane can Series 3 of Team Canada? I see it's listing disappeared pretty quick ..  :confused0024:

here's the listing I had found before (I saved it as I figured it'd disappear) .. Series 2 was supposed to be August and Series 3 in October.. now Series 2 is in October
Team Canada Series 3 features eight players from the gold medal-winning team, including both goalies, and the man who scored the medal-winning overtime goal.
This series features each player in the popular red sweater, and also in the white sweater worn during the final game. Each figure will have a rare version as part of the McFarlane Collector Level program.
Team Canada Series 3 includes the SportsPicks debuts for Scott Niedermayer, Ryan Getzlaf & Shea Weber.

SIDNEY CROSBY 4
SHEA WEBER
SCOTT NIEDERMAYER
RYAN GETZLAF
JAROME IGINLA 4
DANY HEATLEY
MARTIN BRODEUR 3
ROBERT LUONGO 1

I honestly see the end of the Sportspick line with all these 'announced' series ... though I think McFarlane Toys tends to try and push it's limits with us collectors (by cutting production costs).. remember the NHL series with the colored plastic instead of paint?? .. smaller clamshells and taking away the goalie nets?? . .then that awful cardboard backing ... though I can argue the transitional packaging from it to the newer clamshell we have now is the WORST packaging ever ... they even cheaped out on the glue so the clamshells rip right off the cardboard with little to no force ..all the Schenn's I've seen in my area that have 'fallen' out of their packaging .. lol.

iceman

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »

not sure. I knew it was up on the site, not McFarlanes, but Clark Toy page.  When i posted the updates, i double checked the site over and over, thought i was going nuts, cause i couldn`t find it either.  I hope the line doesn`t end. I do have a good sized collection, and enjoy collecting
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170171
  • Total Topics: 14400
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 38
Total: 39

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 38 queries.