Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 04:51:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kinect @ E3 and thoughts?  (Read 1149 times)

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
Kinect @ E3 and thoughts?
« on: June 18, 2010, 09:41:49 AM »

So I'm guessing everyone has seen the E3 footage of Kinect and the SW game that's coming out next year for it...

What are your thoughts? $150 USD on November 4. Are you gonna take the plunge?

Personally, I like the idea - but I don't think my livingroom where I have everything hooked up has the space required for this!! From watching the videos, every single setup is in a wide expansive room, with a good 10 square feet in front of the TV for it....

Seeing the footage of some guy walking up to the TV and waving, and having his profile load looks sweet, but how many games will have Kinect functionality? The games they've shown look "cute" - but for the hardcore gamer, I doubt offering the sports and river rafting as the only options is not enough. Give us Kinect compatible Black Ops, TFU2, Arkham 2 and Halo Reach and the things will fly off the shelves!
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Kinect @ E3 and thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:55:59 PM »

It is very interesting. I am not sure if I will be picking this up though. Just based on the games that are compatible with it. Didn't they show a pretty sweet looking Star Wars game for it? But truthfully, I don't have the space or time for yet another console right now.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:22:43 AM »

I was going to post this a while back, but kept forgetting. I got the Kinect for Christmas, and I think it is very cool. The Kinect Sports is an awesome game. It consists of Bowling, Boxing, Beach Volleyball, Tennis, Soccer and Track and Field. Track and Field would have to be my favorite. For the Hurdles, you have to run on the spot and lift your knees, the higher you lift your knees, the faster your avatar will run. And then you have to jump in the air right before the hurdle. It is a great game with more than one player. There is a Soccer mini game, where you are in the net, and you have to block constant soccer balls coming at you. It is hard work, lunging and kicking all over the place. And very physical. I have actually lost just under 20 lbs, since Christmas. I hate excersizing, but my brain thinks that I am just playing video games, but I am actually working out in disquise.

To be honest, I thought the Kinect was kinda lame, until I actually played it for myself. It even has face recognition, so when I stand in front of the tv, the Kinect automaticly signs my profile in. Pretty cool stuff. I do wish there were a lot more games for it though. And some games are just down right lame, or way to difficult to play. I am really looking forward to the Star Wars one that is eventually coming.
My Have/Want list:

Redeemer31

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »

Personally, I am still a little skeptical. I'm going to wait at least another year and see how much lasting power the Kinect has. I hear it is interesting and fun but so was the Wii when I first got it. After I got my PS3 and XBox 360... I haven't touched the Wii since. Well, maybe when I let my students play Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the last day of school last year.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »

I am there too. I love the Kinect, but they seriously need more games. And the quality of the games they put out will determine the Kinect's life. Only time will tell.
My Have/Want list:

Redeemer31

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »

True.
Fortunately it looks like a lot of games in the future are going to support the Kinect. Now whether it is simply tacked-on or a completely viable and fun way of playing... that remains to be seen. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169063
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 37 queries.