Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 08:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Vintage Collection  (Read 12348 times)

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Vintage Collection
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »

For me the vintage collection is to keep sealed in packaged, except for those that were never made or some troop builders. So from wave 1 I'll have to buy extras of Han, Dack and the cloud car pilot.... but they look great but for an opener, 2 hoth outfit Leia's are enough.

jjreason

• <A+ Trader>
  • Administrator
  • Sith Lord
  • "So long, Princess."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 12:53:34 AM »

Great great great pics & review. Looking forward to getting these :)

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 09:15:02 AM »

Nabbed some of the figs yesterday. Due to my disgust at Hasbro not doing a proper Bespin Fatigues Han Solo, I took the jacket off the Torture Rack Han and stuck it on the Echo Base Han. Aside from the sleeves being the wrong color, I figure this will be as close as I can get him (Aside from ripping arms off figures - which I don't wanna do)

A proper skilled customizer (not me) could probably get the full job done though!
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 09:21:05 AM »

Nabbed some of the figs yesterday. Due to my disgust at Hasbro not doing a proper Bespin Fatigues Han Solo, I took the jacket off the Torture Rack Han and stuck it on the Echo Base Han. Aside from the sleeves being the wrong color, I figure this will be as close as I can get him (Aside from ripping arms off figures - which I don't wanna do)

A proper skilled customizer (not me) could probably get the full job done though!
You do know they're coming out with one in the next year or two, right?

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 10:05:45 AM »

You do know they're coming out with one in the next year or two, right?

Ya - 2011 apparantly. I still think it should have been this wave though.
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 09:06:58 PM »

I opened the vintage wave last night. (I also bought one set to keep carded, which is how I'm going to buy this line, and for the time being OT themed only with EU that I like thrown in too!)

C-3PO: Sadly, C-3PO is pretty disappointing. He doesn't "look" as bad overall as I'd thought but yeah, he's pretty short and until I see a photo that might prove he really was that short, I think he looks shrimpy for sure! The removeable coverings are less obvious than I'd thought they would be though. And yes once removed they seem a little looser than fresh out the package but not as bad as I would have thought. Napseeker suggested to me that using this version seated in the Falcon might work!

AT-AT Commander: The second most disappointing is actually the At-At commander! His helmet and goggles fit soooooo awkwardly! I was very sad about him since I'd actually bought a double of him already from Walmart the other day. Now I think I'll probably return him. Even a part of his armor is attached to the figure itself so you can't even easily convert him into a custom Imperial officer.

Hoth Han: I am actually pretty happy about Hoth Han, unique enough that I don't feel I'm buying the same figure again and the accessories are pretty cool. I know some people are upset about which kitbashed parts were used but the unqueness of this version overrides any of that for me personally.

Dak: Fun to finally have him though he's really just another rebel pilot. But yeah, an official version and vintage carded is fun as all heck!

Darth Vader: Vader's 3 piece helmet is annoying too and once removed doesn't want to go back on too easily. Besides to get the bottom piece around his chin off you must remove his head and the cape falls off! The head sculpt is nice though.

Cloud Car pilot: I've always had a soft spot for this guy for some reason and other than the moustache making him look too "scene specific" and not an easy troop builder I think he came out very well.

Leia: Probably a tie between her and Luke for my favorite of this wave! Nice paint ops and the Carrie likeness is pretty good!

Luke: Totally awesome figure!!! Even the wide hip issue some have mentioned didn't bother me at all since his belt hides the fact pretty well. The head sculpt is probably as good as I can ever see them doing, personally. Definitely the highlight of the wave for me!

Dengar: great too, wasn't a necessary upgrade but it is an upgrade indeed and blows the last one out fo the water.

Fett: good paint upgrade.

4-LOM: Not much to say, he's the same right? The only real reason to get him is to keep him carded or if you missed him first time around.

And the packaging footprint feels much lighter than anything previous.

To be honest, the kid/geek in me had various bits of the ESB specific soundtrack going through my head the entire time I sat there peeling off the bubbles. It was a lot of fun, more fun than I've had cracking open figures in a LONG time! I hope the wave can keep this olde timey nostalgic feeling going!

Anyway, that's my overall first impressions.

dinga

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Look! Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 02:02:06 AM »

I had to glue Dengar's cod piece,  :sign0065: crotch protector... it kept falling off  :mad0177:

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 02:17:29 PM »

I was looking over my opened Wave 1 figures last night and suddenly saw that I had a Leia variant! Or rather a Leia factory-screw up.  She's got two right upper legs! The padding on her left leg is behind her with no way of switching it around. I had two other carded ones, pulled them out, but they're both fine! Somehow I chose the "variant" one to open! Oh well, I'm not any sort of variant hunter but thought it was funny. The first figure I have personally noticed that was messed up like that. Wonder if Hasbro would send me a new one if I asked them...

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »

My Echo Base Han happens to have two lower left legs, which puts the yellow striping on his legs on the inside, and if i revers it, he looks like hes got some werid chicken leg. Other than that all the other figures are spectacular

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 03:53:18 PM »

I had to glue Dengar's cod piece,  :sign0065: crotch protector... it kept falling off  :mad0177:

Hey Dinga, my Dengar's does too. I'll probably have to glue mine on as well. I don't want to lose it, he looks really weird without it.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Valfar

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 09:10:41 AM »

Same here, my Dengar has a loose cod piece but, it fits well enough on there.

So, maybe a silly question but, what do we need to send off to get the mail away Boba Fett?.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 01:49:03 PM »

So, maybe a silly question but, what do we need to send off to get the mail away Boba Fett?.

The redemption form and 5 UPC's. Legacy, Clone Wars, Saga Legends and Vintage will all work for it.

I picked up 3P0 yesterday, I think he looks pretty good. I haven't opened him yet, but I have to agree with most, that he does look really short.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:22:49 PM by Mit_Othy »
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 03:01:23 PM »

As far as heights of the figures go I did a little mathematical test based on the SW Databank info. I used TVC Luke for the base measurement and 3P0's figure height is pretty darn close to being correct as per the databank. It's only 1mm off by my calculation but there has to be some give for hairstyles or boot soles etc.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No reward is worth this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 03:05:50 PM »

As far as heights of the figures go I did a little mathematical test based on the SW Databank info. I used TVC Luke for the base measurement and 3P0's figure height is pretty darn close to being correct as per the databank. It's only 1mm off by my calculation but there has to be some give for hairstyles or boot soles etc.

I guess I was under the impression from watching the movies etc. that threepio was on the tall-ish side. Similar to Han Solo's height. But there ya go...
I do not like green eggs and ham!

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 04:45:51 PM »

There's going to be a lot of "perceived" height differences because actor heights are often distorted by close-up shots (standing on lifts to achieve a better actor to actor height ratio) and perspective. Rarely do we see the actors standing side-by-side in a perfect line so we can only go by what Lucas tells us the character heights are.

I too was surprised by 3P0's recorded height. I thought he was as tall as or even slightly taller than Luke.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169081
  • Total Topics: 14342
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 57
Total: 61

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 38 queries.