Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 07:17:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Vintage Collection  (Read 12387 times)

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No reward is worth this!
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Vintage Collection
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 05:13:18 PM »

There's going to be a lot of "perceived" height differences because actor heights are often distorted by close-up shots (standing on lifts to achieve a better actor to actor height ratio) and perspective. Rarely do we see the actors standing side-by-side in a perfect line so we can only go by what Lucas tells us the character heights are.

I too was surprised by 3P0's recorded height. I thought he was as tall as or even slightly taller than Luke.

Yes, I hadn't thought of that. Interesting none the less... :)
I do not like green eggs and ham!

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »

As long as he looks good standing next to R2, thats all I care about. One thing that really stood out on this C-3PO figure is his head sculpt. To me it looks spot on.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 05:30:19 PM »

I want to like this version of C-3PO but so far he just isn't working for me. Next to R2 he looks seriously small. I think even if somehow we could prove that Anthony Daniels in costume was this small, they obviously raised him up for enough shots to have him look at least Luke's height if not higher. The colour of his plating and the type of plastic too also doesn't cut it for me. I would rather they'd gone for non-removable parts and given him lots of articulation plus perhaps some ANH specific deco, dirty him up but better than the job they did in the Resurgence pack. I personally like the crusty look like in the POFT2 cinema scenes with him, Luke and Uncle Owen.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »

The new R2 will be slightly smaller in scale than what we have been getting (remember Hasbro is claiming they have an all new sculpt with better detailing) but it is also slightly larger than what he should be because of the limitations of the new details.

If you've seen pics of the sail barge R2 that looks like it might be the new sculpt.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 10:42:39 AM »

The Vader, Fett and 3-PO are passes for me in this wave. I'm on the fence about 4-LOM since it's the vintage card, but I already have the figure, so I won't bite yet...
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »

I finally opened my 3P0. And I really like this figure, I have no interest in taking his coverings off. He displays good with other figures, you have to find the right pose for him though. He looks pretty good next to R2. R2 does look a little big next to him, but not enough to change my mind. I think Hasbro did a fairly good job on this figure, but I do think the removable coverings are lame. Luke is still by far the best figure in this wave.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 02:45:48 PM »

Watched ANH with my kids this weekend and paid too much attention to the height ratio between C-3PO and other characters!!!

Turns out he is at least as tall as Luke if not a little taller (even when standing behind Luke he appears taller). And R2 should only come up to about the bottom part of his stomach "circle" thing. So, in terms of scale, he's just plain too small in the TVC incarnation. Either that or the Luke I stood him beside (the one that came with Resurgence BP) and most R2 figures are just too tall! On his own though, I like him and yeah, I see the removable coverings as just something that has the potential to get lost and/or fall off and irritate me.  :speechless-smiley-004:

Valfar

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 10:15:22 PM »

I think TVC Threepio is the best version of this character yet, then the Endor one with silver and gold corrected knees. The TVC one has lots of detail and great articulation, the key to being satisfied with this guy is finding one with properly painted/straight eyes.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 11:16:27 PM »

I agree. He has really grown on me the more I look at him. I just read on RS that his back panel is removable too. Neat.

Here is the SW Databank info on character heights:

Luke Skywalker  1.72 m

Darth Vader  2.02 m (in armour)

R2-D2 .96 m

C-3PO  1.67 m

4-LOM 1.6 m

Dak Ralter ?

Leia 1.5 m

Han Solo 1.8 m

Anakin Skywalker 1.85 m

Boba Fett 1.83 m

Dengar 1.8 m

Chewbacca 2.28 m
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »

Is that databank based on what is actually in the films? Because in every shot I paid attention to Luke was equal to or shorter than C-3PO in ANH.

Don't get me wrong, I like this figure well enough, just not happy that he looks so shrimpy side by side other recent figures. Now I have to go see if that back panel is also removeable!

Goldenrod

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 04:25:15 PM »

the back panel, the head, both hands, the torso and the right leg http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TVC/Basic/VC06C3PO/TVC-464.jpg

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »

the key to being satisfied with this guy is finding one with properly painted/straight eyes.

he's too small

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »

I agree. He has really grown on me the more I look at him. I just read on RS that his back panel is removable too. Neat.

Not only the back panel. But the head, right leg, hands are removable, and even the torso can be separated from the lower body (pictures from Rebelscum). It's not the best sculpt and to scale figure rendition of the character yet, but it's still quite fine.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

Valfar

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 08:32:53 AM »

the key to being satisfied with this guy is finding one with properly painted/straight eyes.

he's too small

3p0's height is not that bad, do not forget we are getting a in scale sail barge R2 to go along side him, should look great together.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010, 09:57:45 AM »

he's too small

...do not forget we are getting a in scale sail barge R2 to go along side him, should look great together.

It's a "mostly-in-scale" R2. Hasbro said he will be a little larger than his actual scale would be, due to the constraints on the fine detail, but it is smaller than the currently used R2 molds.

Trust me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169117
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 50
Total: 51

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 38 queries.