Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 12:19:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

52 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Clone Wars Wave 1  (Read 3912 times)

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
2010 Clone Wars Wave 1
« on: July 25, 2010, 02:14:04 AM »

CW10 General Grievous™

Within his secret lair, General Grievous stores his spare cybernetic parts to replace any that become damaged. When two Jedi infiltrate his hideout, he relishes the opportunity to duel them for their lightsabers. Injured during battle, Grievous temporarily retreats to be repaired by his medical droid.

This is an all new rendition of the Clone Wars General Grievous character and in many ways it is far superior to the previous version we got way back with the launch of the original Clone Wars line. He looks spectacular and much more formidable.

Loaded with articulation:
• Ball joint shoulders, head, elbows, hips and feet
• Hinged knees, ankles
• Swivel forearms

Extras:
• Battle damaged head and forearms
• Base
• Game card and die
• Mail-away battle mat form
• Secret code for Cartoon Network

Overall I think this is a much better figure of General Grievous with more articulation for various poses and it just looks more like him. I question the battle damaged arms as an accessory as it was his legs that were severed in the episode of which the card back refers to. He did lose half a forearm in the last fight with Kit Fisto but it's not quite the same. I also fear that the soft plastic used and the added articulation is going to cause the same "wilting" problems his predecessor had. Time will tell. The shoulder pads are not secured very well and pop off quite easily so don't expect any great play value if that's what you are looking for. He does come with a base but, yet again, due to his bird feet there are no peg holes to secure it with. The other thing I would really have liked on this figure is a ball jointed neck so that you could do more than have him look up and down. The ball-joint at the head is very limiting and you can't make him look left or right.

It does sound like a lot of negatives when you tally up the score but even with the potential problems it comes closer to being a viable figure than what has been thrown at us again and again over the past two years. Again, it just looks so much better.

CW11 Aurra Sing™

Aurra Sing is a Force-sensitive bounty hunter, mercenary and assassing. She is willing to work for anyone who can meet her price.

Another excellent Clone Wars figure with incredible likeness to the character. She comes with her long sniper rifle and two blaster pistols which fit snuggly into her holsters. I would have been happier if they had skipped on her head antenna altogether if they couldn't have used something more like the Battle Droid pack antenna. As it is it looks a bit like somebody has jammed a long, thin board into her skull.

Articulation:
• Ball joint neck, shoulders, elbows, torso, knees and ankles
• Hinged hips
• Swivel wrists

Extras:
• Sniper Rifle, two pistols
• Base
• Game card and die

CW09 Mandalorian™ Police Officer

Mandalorian officers maintain order on Mandalore, they are prepared with riot shields and weapons, in case all peaceful solutions fail.

Probably one of the most controversial characters added to the Expanding Star Wars Universe is the idea of a Peace Keeping officer of Mandalore. Although this figure is an excellent likeness it does lack any leg articulation. The sacrifice in articulation is most likely due to inclusion of the firing cannon and riot shield accessories which are rather nice.

Articulation:
• Ball joint neck, shoulders, elbows
• Hinged hips, helmet visor
• Swivel waist, wrists

Extras:
• Riot Shield, firing cannon, baton
• Base
• Game card and die

CW08 Pre Vizsla™

Pre Vizsla appears to support the peace and criticizes the Death Watch. But when Ob-Wan discovers he is the leader of the Death Watch, they duel – darksaber to lightsaber.

Judging by the likeness accuracies Hasbro is achieving I am going to guess they are using the 3D files right from the show for digital sculpting. The detail and paint apps across the board seem to be better than average although many have reported an unprecedented number of error limbs so far. But back to Pre Vizsla... he's great! Our first Fettish entry into The Clone Wars line is loaded with ball-joint articulation and I can't wait for more Death Watch troops if he is the base mold. Even non-Clone Wars fans will be picking these guys up for sure.

Articulation:
• Ball joint neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, torso, hips, knees, ankles

Extras:
• Removable helmet, Dark Saber, 2 pistols, fabric cape, jetpack
• Base
• Game card and die
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 06:50:00 PM by Hellboy »
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

jediburrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
Re: CW10 General Grievous (2010 Clone Wars)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 12:55:41 PM »

One should consider gluing the shoulder pads because they'll pop out almost every time one moves the upper arm. This will minimize the risk of these parts being lost; especially if this Grievous is destined to a kid.  ;)

As for his standing hability, mine have stood his pose for 2 days in a relatively awkward stance and then fell on his back. But I'm sure I'll find the right spot for the acrobatic stance I'm trying to give him. In a normal pose I'm sure he'll be able to keep his stand, but that would need to be tested to be 100% sure. That's a great figure that you can pose in almost any imaginable fashion.  :speechless-smiley-004:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:57:39 PM by jediburrick »

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 12:37:29 AM »

My Grievous went for 24hrs before he toppled... now I can't seem to get him posed to last more than a couple of hours. Maybe my wife is bumping my computer desk...
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

dinga

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Look! Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 01:55:13 AM »

I super glued the shoulder pieces. Lets see if the glue will set. Mine doesn't stand either or hold his lightsabers.  :crazy:

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 03:15:49 PM »

I leave the little clear elastics on the hands of most of my figures who hold weapons. It helps me not lose any guns or sabres and it's great for figs like Grievous.

Grievous is standing again... I'm thinking my wife was the culprit.

Trust me.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 05:51:01 PM »

It looks like this Grevious is a much better figure. I was never too happy with the first little head version. It is unfortunate that this one is hindered by the wilting legs like the first. Great review Hellboy.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 07:26:11 PM »

nice upgrade, might pick one up now. only got the first grievous because it came in the costco AT-TE pack XP
the facial scar makes me think of zuko from avatar  :tongue0024: (the cartoon, not the crapty movie >.> )

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 2010 Clone Wars Wave 1
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 06:36:10 PM »

Since I picked up the rest of the (non-repeat) Wave 1 figures I thought I'd add them to this post.

You can see that, at the moment, there is a packaging variation between the CW figures found at WalMart (Grievous) and the others found at TRU. The WalMart version is english only and includes a Cartoon Network code insert (only good in the US).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:27:51 PM by Hellboy »

Trust me.

Hoffman

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »

I bought an English-only Aurra from TRU.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 11:50:22 PM »

I bought an English-only Aurra from TRU.

I saw them today too. I thought maybe they were returns from Wally but I guess not.

Trust me.

Major

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 08:40:54 AM »

I can't believe they sacrificed the Mando Guard's leg articulations for a &?#!@% launcher.
Got one last night and the figure is amazing...except for the static legs.
|=O=| ‹-(tie fighter)

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 10:38:29 AM »

My wife picked me up Pre Vizsla the other day. When I first saw this figure at Toy Fair, I was not too keen on the skinny legs. But now that I have him, I am glad I got him. He is one awesome looking figure. And the Darksaber is just sweet! I want more Clone Wars Mandos now.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 10:55:53 PM »

Extras:
• Game card and die

A minor note - Cdn packaged figures have 2 cards, one French and one English.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 11:51:13 PM »

Really? Must be another variant. Non of my multi-lingual had more than 1 game card (English side A / French side B) or are you referring to the instructions card as the second card?

Trust me.

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 12:12:42 AM »

Oops, sorry you are correct.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169107
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 52
Total: 54

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 38 queries.