Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 12:59:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 3 Users

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Clone Wars Wave 1  (Read 3897 times)

mista_t13

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Clone Wars Wave 1
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 12:36:23 AM »

Just a heads up my Pre Vizsla's silver paint from the pistols are stuck to his hands, I dunno if it was wet paint or the rubber band was too tight or the hot summer weather, has anyone else had this problem?

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 12:38:55 AM »

Mine appeared to be fine when I opened it. Good thing to watch out for though.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »

Re: toppling Grievous

It has been mentioned in the RS CW10 Grievous thread that switching the detachable lower parts of the legs above the knees makes Grievous a lot more stable in most cases. My nephew recently opened up his Grievous and found this easy switch makes a world of difference. In some cases it seems the legs as originally attached make the feet bend outwards while the switch makes the feet lie flatter.

* edit - clarify modification
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:54:10 PM by General Brashin »
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 09:59:03 AM »

Just a heads up my Pre Vizsla's silver paint from the pistols are stuck to his hands, I dunno if it was wet paint or the rubber band was too tight or the hot summer weather, has anyone else had this problem?

Mine was like that too, although the guns are fine there is still a bit of silver on the hands.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Major

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »

Just got the new Mace Windu.
Talk about an improvement. His ball hinged hips are the best I've seen on a SW figure. He can still sit like a swiveled hip figure unlike Pre Vizsla or the Arf Trooper who's legs kinda twist sideways.

The ball hinged ankles are also very cool and the Jango helmet with a thermo det inside is just the cherry on the cake. I'm glad I didn't pick up the first one.

I'm wondering why all the Jedi who jump in the air and flip all over the place in the show didn't sport this level of articulation from the start.
|=O=| -(tie fighter)

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 12:32:33 AM »

after looking at my new Grevious and seeing his picture on the card back, i noticed his Chest plate is removable, it comes off to see his organic material and metal ribcage underneath

Major

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »

Just tried the little battle game facing Windu and Vizsla.
Vizsla destroyed Windu both time. According to his stats he's a much more powerfull character  :rollfloorlaffsmiley:
Seriously though, do they really expect that game to be the next Pokemon?
|=O=| -(tie fighter)

Hoffman

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 11:15:57 PM »

It doesn't have to be huge, it just has to get kids to pick up a few more characters.

And kids will play any game like that.  The fact that you referenced Pokemon rather than a number of other things shows that you have no awareness of what's popular with kids these days.  :winking0071:

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 12:22:30 AM »

It doesn't have to be huge, it just has to get kids to pick up a few more characters.

And kids will play any game like that.  The fact that you referenced Pokemon rather than a number of other things shows that you have no awareness of what's popular with kids these days.  :winking0071:
i wouldn't be so sure. yeah, there's a lot of other fad games and stuff around now, but pokemon is still pretty huge~

Major

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 07:00:35 AM »

I said Pokemon because it's the first one that came to my mind, but I am aware of popular games like Bakugan, Yugioh, Beyblade who's making a comeback and I heard that Pong and marbles are still pretty big too  :)
|=O=| -(tie fighter)

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »

Hasbro is doing so amazing stuff with the Clone Wars figures lately. I picked up Aurra Sing today. She is a great figure. I wasn't too excited about her when I first saw her on the pegs, but she really is a well made figure. Her antenna is way too big, the should have tied to put a thin metal stick in her head. But other than that, she is pretty sweet. Her sniper rifle is just perfect, and she holds it very well. I was not too keen on this line when it first came out, but Hasbro has quickly pulled me into it with these last few waves.
My Have/Want list:

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 05:09:57 PM »

Are you trying to say Pokemon is not popular?!  Maybe you might want to revisit that - I have 4 kids, and feel like I am therefore somewhat qualified to speak to the matter, and Pokemon is still quite popular - the cards, to some extent, but moreso the games, in particular for the Nintendo DS.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 12:22:38 AM »

I saw the Wave 2 figures at the FanExpo this weekend... gotta have 'em. They are awesome. I picked up the deluxe vehicles they had (Mandalore & speeder and Obi-Wan Speeder with side car) because they were the far better deal at $18 no tax.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 03:23:30 PM »

I saw the Wave 2 figures at the FanExpo this weekend... gotta have 'em. They are awesome. I picked up the deluxe vehicles they had (Mandalore & speeder and Obi-Wan Speeder with side car) because they were the far better deal at $18 no tax.

Sweet! That is a great price, even beats WM's price. I am really looking forward to the Mando with Speeder. The Speeder looks very cool.
My Have/Want list:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169097
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 70
Total: 73

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 38 queries.