Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 10:33:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 2 Users

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder (2010)  (Read 7096 times)

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder (2010)
« on: July 27, 2010, 12:38:12 AM »

This is one of those vehicles Hasbro has gone the extra mile to appease both the collector and the kid. It goes to show you what they can really do in the $30 vehicle price range.

The "Collector" version

I'm not going to argue vehicle scale but it does feel like it's right. Everything is tight and fast looking like a Snowspeeder should be. Hasbro went and trimmed the fat off of the previous moulds and made a noticeably smaller and more accurate vehicle.

There is ample room for Dak in the back and Luke up front. No weird arm or leg positioning required to slip them into their seats comfortably. Both airbrakes are hinged for open and closed positions and the cockpit canopy snaps closed and stays open at two different heights. Collectors will be happy with the movie styled laser cannons and harpoon gun accessories for a more authentic look. The landing gear foot is a pull-down feature but it is much more solid than those on any of the previous spring-loaded versions. A small sheet of stickers is also included to add detailing to the cockpit interior (not applied in photo) as everything on the exterior is painted on. Sorry, no blaster-burn stickers this time around if anyone ever uses those.

The "Kid" Version

If you could care less about movie accuracy and just want some good ol' fashion, spring-loaded, projectile action then you'll love that Hasbro created alternate firing laser cannons and harpoon gun. They are a little more chunky and exaggerated looking but not hideously so. The firing harpoon includes a string cable just in case you want to try tripping that new AT-AT you know is on its way.

The packaging is very colourful and features the fold-out diorama slip-case design. I know there's a bit of a stink being made about Rex's mug being on vintage vehicle packaging but it doesn't bother me. It's quite striking.

Two thumbs up and a big thanks to Hasbro for this awesome OT vehicle.  :)` :)`
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:33:15 AM by Hellboy »
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

dinga

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Look! Toys
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder (2010)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 12:42:15 AM »

You beat me to the review!  :D

I picked one up today at Wally Mart. $28 isn't too bad. Got the Dak as well. Hasbro did this one right  :party0053: I have nothing bad to say. Get one or two as you can mod it easily enough with the removable panel on the right side.  :love0030:

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 12:51:59 AM »

It really is a great vehicle. Makes me wish I didn't own 3 previous versions.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:41:52 AM »

So I'll ask a dumb question because mine is packed in a box somewhere, what's the main difference between this and the Saga Collection version that came with Zev a couple of years back?  Which one is more "movie accurate"?

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:22:48 AM »

From source photos (aside from Zev's speeder being the larger mould) it appears the laser cannons are more accurate on the new version. The grey markings appear to be right for Luke's speeder (depending on if you are looking at the model or the full scale prop) because he is special and doesn't sport the red markings that all the other ones do.

Trust me.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 10:33:15 AM »

I did not know that Luke's Snowspeeder was so different from the rest. The details on this ship are amazing! I haven't see one at retail yet, but I'll be picking one up as soon as I do. Hellboy, all of your reviews make me want to go out and buy stuff.
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 10:39:58 AM »

IHellboy, all of your reviews make me want to go out and buy stuff.

Should I be putting a wallet advisory on my reviews?  :)

Trust me.

Mit_Othy

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 11:32:19 AM »

Haha, that be a great idea!
My Have/Want list:

http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=20252.0

BAD parts I need- R3-A2  Body, R4-P44  Head + Middle Leg

dinga

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Lieutenant
  • Look! Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 02:33:04 PM »

It is a smaller mold but seems right.  :)` The original one was always a little big.

LordJawas

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »

Do the laser cannons light up? Like the vintage one?

This one looks awesome.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 08:04:31 PM »

There are absolutely no electronics included with this version. Electronics are nice but a $30 price tag is much nicer.

Trust me.

Darth Cujo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • mmmmoooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »

It really is a great vehicle. Makes me wish I didn't own 3 previous versions.
Haha, this is me. I have 3 other versions, so how do i justify this one? But it looks so perty. Especially with your photos hellboy. Tempting. Soo tempting!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 09:57:55 PM »

I don't own any of the PotF2+ snowspeeders (whew!  :) ) although I do still have my Kenner one.  That said, in 12 years we'll all be wishing that we didn't own this version either when Hasbro releases the next major upgrade of Luke's speeder... say one that actually flies around the room?  :confused0024:

Personally, I'm waiting for the day when Hasbro releases BMF 2.0 with the Landovator (and Han/Leia's makeout spot) and the hallway from the cockpit to the rest of the ship...
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 11:28:43 AM »

And a series of duct work in the floor that somehow allows a han solo figure to stand in it asking for hydrospanners without somehow extending the bottom of the ship?   :P

I thought a recent Q&A somewhere had them saying they will be releasing BMF again but no 2.0, just a straight release...that said this is Hasbro and a Cloud Car was not a ship with enough kid-pull nor action-oriented role in the films probably right around the time they were giving the factories the okay to start producing them for 2010!

NorthernSolo

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Hey - It's me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 01:08:50 AM »

And back to the Snowspeeder...  ;D

It's a good ship and if you can get it for under $30 it's worth it. I wouldn't say they recreated the wheel with this one, but as noted it is smaller than the Zev Target Snowspeeder from a few years back. Other than the interchangeable guns it's basically the same mold only smaller in scale. The backdrop is nice, but including a clear plastic base to perch the vehicle on, you can only get weird looking angles due to the artwork. Impressive, but I'll wait to be blown away when I find the AT-AT.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 01:10:31 AM by NorthernSolo »
There isn't enough product on these shelves to fill a space cruiser!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169102
  • Total Topics: 14343
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 50
Total: 52

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 38 queries.