Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 05:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CW Aurra Sing  (Read 2118 times)

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • No reward is worth this!
    • View Profile
CW Aurra Sing
« on: July 29, 2010, 02:26:27 PM »

While I'm not much for the CW series(and for reasons that are more unconventional than most) it does have bright spots like some of the character designs.
Many of the clone wars female characters come off a bit anorexic and disproportionate in my book, aurra actually benefits from this rather lanky and tall design. Anyway, on with a short review.

Sculpt: Like I said before, not many CW characters appeal to me as much as the old 2d version(I feel those had a lot more personality to them) but I really like the treatment with Aurra. I was surprised to see that she is on the taller side of the scale but doesn't come off looking ridiculously thin. Rather lanky and athletic I guess. The head sculpt is very good, with a close resemblance to the character. The hair is a high point here as it has the sculpted beads and interesting flow. Other area's of detail that stood out were her hands, which can easily grip her blasters and have good trigger fingers. Also well sculpted holsters fit the blasters well, which is a big plus for me. The vest is sculpted separate from the body as are the holster belts, which I'm not quite sure I like since they move around quite a bit. The boots are pretty cool too. One downside is the freaking huge antennae on her head, which is monstrous in size. I'm going to cut it off and put a pin or something their instead.

Articulation: 14 points in the usual places. Ball head, ball shoulders, ball elbows, swivel wrists, ball torso, swivel hips, ball knees and ball ankles. What a wonderful amount of articulation! Since the POTJ version only had five points, this is a welcome addition to this figure. All the joints are not bulky and flow well with this figure. The torso joint has quite a wide range of movement as well. Very solid. I wonder if ball hips would have been better or not. As it stands for me, I like her without them.

Paint: Great paint apps here. I didn't buy this from a store, so I couldn't see if the others are like this too. Her eyes are sharp and focused and the lines on belt buckles etc. are great. No bleeding or fuzzy lines.

Accessories: I bought this loose, so thankfully I got her without the blasted game card and die. She was missing her stand, but I don't use those anyway. She has two blasters and a blaster rifle. The sculpting on the blasters are great. The trigger guards are not present, which make her able to hold the guns well. The rifle has given me a bit of problems however as the strap is separate from the gun it attaches to peg holes, but I have had to tweak it some to get it to where I think it should be.

Overall: This is a stellar figure, and clone wars or not, really worth picking up if you dig cool female aliens or just appreciate very well done action figures. I would say that she has been long over due, but was worth the wait.  The only detractor here from an esthetic perspective is the huge antenna, but that can easily be fixed.

EDIT: Ok, so I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I have a figure with two left thighs.  :~/~:
I really didn't notice this until my brother pointed it out.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:17:25 PM by Jedi Jedd »
I do not like green eggs and ham!

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: CW Aurra Sing
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:49:57 PM »

Mine look okay.... but both look like they would be good on either side. How do you tell? I haven't opened mine yet.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 01:35:56 PM »

Mine look okay.... but both look like they would be good on either side. How do you tell? I haven't opened mine yet.

Well I wouldn't have known, but my eagle eyed brother saw two date stamps on the upper thighs and the holster on the right was backwards.  It's really not that noticable, but their none the less.  :mad0218:

Grand_Moff_Rob

• (A+ Trader)
  • Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Rockin' 'da 'Wars' since '77......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 02:08:18 PM »

Just got my Aurra today. She has both normal thighs as her holsters are both going the right way. i totally HATE that friggin' stupid monstro antenna thingy on her head. WHAT the heck's up with that?? If I was an opener, I'd join Jedi Jedd in ceremoniously severing this abnormality. I do, however, like this figure.
I thought it [Star Wars] was too wacky for the general public.

- George Lucas quote...

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 02:38:33 PM »

My nephew's unopened Aurra is fine - thighwise.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »

Here are some pictures of the now gone monstrosity on her head with a pin instead and some pics of here mismatched legs.

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »

Whoa, sorry for the huge pics!

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 07:03:04 PM »

GREAT PIC'S...mine has 2 date stamps also ,but their correct legs...
the stand that comes with AURRA is a waste of plastic...why oh why HASBUTT continue's to put the hole's in the front part of the foot is beyond my thought(also see many INDY FIGURE'S)!!in the heel hasbutt...in the heel...give's more depth and stability!
 The card thing and the dice are a joke...period!!...CARD DESIGN...I'm all religious now!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lastly ,I'll save my pennies for the MAT / FIG send in...atleast I'll get a figure!!....8.99 FOR A MAT!!???!! :confused0024:

I'll buy a second AURRA...I'm going with a stiff piece of BLACK OR SILVER WIRE...will be more uniform...not that a pin isn't ...but the pin head!! 8)

LATER
FETT1

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »

haha, yeah, actually a wire would be good. I think I'll cut the pin head off at some point. I just didn't want to poke my eye out or something...

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 09:54:58 PM »

Interesting, are you saying that both thighs have (C) 2010 LFL C-001C stamped on them? Normally from what I've seen the left thigh has (C) 2010 LFL C-001C stamped on it while the right thigh has a HASBRO CHINA stamp.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

Jedi Jedd

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 11:58:24 PM »

To clarify for mine at least, both thighs have 2010 LFL C-001C...

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 12:40:32 AM »

Interesting, are you saying that both thighs have (C) 2010 LFL C-001C stamped on them? Normally from what I've seen the left thigh has (C) 2010 LFL C-001C stamped on it while the right thigh has a HASBRO CHINA stamp.

oops...I stand corrected...yes indeedy your right...JUST check'd with my handy dandy super duper eye magifif'r thing....yep ...

ahhh...all good here!! :artoo:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: Garhod
Stats
  • Total Posts: 170145
  • Total Topics: 14398
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 59
Total: 60

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 38 queries.