Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 01:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 176   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 323695 times)

General Brashin

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Dung heap ransacker
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »

Exclusive GH BPs @TRU: Kamino Showdown and Purchase of the Droids in US packaging - 34.99.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth." B5 - Vorlon saying

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »

Mini-rigs at TRU too - got the Naboo skiff.  Also saw Plo with speed bike - no pirate skiff tho....

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 12:00:40 AM »

Mini-rigs at TRU too - got the Naboo skiff.  Also saw Plo with speed bike - no pirate skiff tho....

Wow it's pegger... there's a name I've not heard in a long time... anyone know if the Skiff can fit the realistic figures?  Looking at the photos of the cockpit, it looks more suited to the slimmer CW figures so I'm wondering if it'd be a tight squeeze for the TLC/TVC guys.

Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 12:49:44 PM »

Local Wal-Mart,  Boba Fett Helmets, Deluxe Mini RIgs and Speed Stars, along with Vintage, Legends and CW

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 01:03:26 PM »

Still no AT-ATs at the TRU I hit yesterday (where they were shifting/clearing space). But they have spread out the figure pegs BIG TIME! I'm thinking they must have a ton of new figs to put out for this sale! Lots of Grievous lightsabers and restock of TVC with Bobba sticker and vehicles. Oh and lots of mini-rigs.

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »

Wow it's pegger... there's a name I've not heard in a long time... anyone know if the Skiff can fit the realistic figures?  Looking at the photos of the cockpit, it looks more suited to the slimmer CW figures so I'm wondering if it'd be a tight squeeze for the TLC/TVC guys.

I know some think I was dead.  But I'm not - at least not yet. ;-)

I just tried with a clone pilot - he fits (snuggly) I'm sure an ep 1 pilot would fit....

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 06:31:19 PM »

Local Wal-Mart,  Boba Fett Helmets, Deluxe Mini RIgs and Speed Stars, along with Vintage, Legends and CW

Did you see a Cad Bane?

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2010, 08:19:07 PM »

Yes there was a single Cad Bane there

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2010, 11:23:19 PM »

Just got from my friend José the figures from wave 3 of Clone Wars:

- Aurra Sing (repack from wave 1)
- Pre Vizsla (repack from wave 1)
- Mandalorian Police Officer (repack from wave 1)
- Mace Windu (super articulated)
- ARF Trooper with Teth Camo
- Kit Fisto
- Battle Droid Commander

I passed on the other figures from that wave (Anakin with Space helmet, Commander GRee, and another I cannot remember -- I already have these from the previous lineup).

Mace Windu is simply incredible! He's super-hyper articulated, with ball joints even at his hips... and even at his ankles! Yes, you read it right: full ball joints at the ankles, which allow poses at angles for his feet! Much like what you see on the left foot on this picture taken by Rebelscum from the Celebration V Hasbro stand.

These were on Canadian cards, so expect them to arrive at the retail stores in the next couple of weeks, or as soon as the stores need to order new cases of CW figures, if their pegs are empty.

But I'm still missing my General Grievous, since he's not packed in wave 3. That omission will be corrected very soon. My guess is that Grevious will be the fast-seller of this new line, and probably the scarciest. If you find one, you're either lucky or you live in an area where there's neither no collectors nor kids who know Star Wars... :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:26:41 PM by JediPatrick »
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

pegger

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »

Saw the new BPs at Wally's this AM - A crappy Hoth one, and 3 CW ones - don't really remember their names - but one did have that huge droid that looks like a barrel.....

clonecommander972

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 05:25:58 PM »

just scored pretty well at wal-mart today. got pre vizlas, vintage boba fett (it was somehow still where i'd tucked it away) and a couple of the new POC joe figures too  :)

FETT1

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
  • Whack the Zom-B!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2010, 11:11:18 PM »

just scored pretty well at wal-mart today. got pre vizlas, vintage boba fett (it was somehow still where i'd tucked it away) and a couple of the new POC joe figures too  :)

..NOT A JOE collector...but these figure's look reallly good!!...Are these rehash??...or continued from 25th anniv.....or???

PLMK

THXS
FETT1

glorbes

• Empire
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2010, 09:16:21 AM »

I've seen lots of Vintage Collection figures this past week at Wal-Mart in Truro and Lower Sackville (NS).  No sign of the big AT-AT...which makes me so sad.

JediPatrick

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2010, 08:53:15 PM »

..NOT A JOE collector...but these figure's look reallly good!!...Are these rehash??...or continued from 25th anniv.....or???

PLMK

THXS
FETT1

This new GiJoe line is called Pursuit of Cobra (or in short POC). It's some sort of continuation of the movie line (Rise of Cobra). Very nicely sculpted figures. I saw both Storm Shadow and the new Snake Eyes figures. Storm Shadow has his clothes ripped up with chains around his neck, very nicely done. The Snake Eyes has his wolf pal with a movable head, which is a first I believe (I long for a fully articulated wolf). I'm not a Joe collector, but I do have a few iconic characters that I bought in the past 2 years out of nostalgia from the cartoon TV series I used to view before or after the Transformers cartoon I viewed religiously.
"C'est lorsque nous croyons savoir quelque chose qu'il faut justement réfléchir un peu plus profondément." / "The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand."

Frank Herbert
- "Les enfants de Dune"/"Children of Dune"

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2010, 10:43:42 AM »

Finally went to a Zellers today to see about getting that TIE fighter for 39.99...but even after holding it in my hands I was hesitant. It's the red cockpit window that's holding me back...anyone bought this and totally loving it????

Anyway, took me forever to find the couple of pegs of figures buried amongst a chaotic mess of everything else. They had mostly CW (a Palpatine, Dooku, Kit Fisto, Cad Bane) and some Saga Legends from the last preTVC wave...oh, and a concept Ki Adi and pink cantina girl. And 2 Yarnas full price (CW is on sale for around $7.50 as others reported but the Yaran's scanned at 9.99!!!)

PS: I am still looking to army build Yarna (thanks Dave!!!) and anyone else who can find her at $3 or under I'll take them (up to about 15 please!)  :rockon: :mad0218:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 176   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169116
  • Total Topics: 14344
  • Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 57
Total: 58

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 38 queries.