Snowtroopers.ca - Star Wars collecting news and information in Canada.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking into the forum errors

SPONSORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 10:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 1 User

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 176   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!  (Read 321243 times)

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Post Retail Finds of NEW PRODUCT Here!
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »

220 pages on this thread, started back in 2005.  Maybe we should start a new one? 

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »

I'm good with that... anyone object?
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »

It's here!!! It's here!

Just picked up the AT-AT at TRU on my way home. $129.99 less 25% if you find it before the sale ends.
Every true Star Wars fan is a Luke Skywalker, looking at his twisted, evil father, and somehow seeing good.

Trust me.

fishfan

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • you talkin to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2010, 09:44:45 AM »

Or if possible just keep the last 3-4 weeks worth.

ambasah

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2010, 01:24:07 PM »

It's here!!! It's here!

Just picked up the AT-AT at TRU on my way home. $129.99 less 25% if you find it before the sale ends.

AWESOME! congrats.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:28:03 PM by ambasah »

LordJawas

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:25 PM »

Or if possible just keep the last 3-4 weeks worth.

I like the 4 weeks worth, heck, I wouldnt care if you went 2 months. It would still kill a lot of pages.

Hellboy

• Administrator
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »

I don't know if there is a way to delete pages in bulk or move pages in bulk... deleting or moving posts one at a time is far too time consuming.

Just figured it out... split the topic. I'll leave the original post up for a few more weeks just in case anyone wants to look back for something.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:50:20 PM by Hellboy »

Trust me.

brianakarobin

• A++ Trader
  • Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Star Wars Trivia World Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2010, 06:59:34 AM »

Good idea. :)`

sinkie

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2010, 08:02:48 AM »

Found the Mighty Beans Darth Vader head (and Spiderman) carry case (includes 1 bean I think) for...$19.99!!! Passed big time.

Found Legends figs Bossk, Boussh, Greedo...and the battlepacks! Passed on all even though I almost went for the Hoth one. No AT-AT sighting here in Quebec yet!

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »

Stopped in at a Niagara WallyWorld this morning, and they finally had the new Saga Legends figs in - 3 pegs full. I grabbed a Greedo, Bossk and IG-88, as well as a TVC Han. I am now officially done... until the next waves hit, that is. Anyone know how long that might be? I'm hoping my bank account gets enough time to recuperate. Also, a WM sale would be nice too.

Darth Chadus

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2010, 12:22:58 PM »

Finally got rid of the 2005 stuff. lol  Thanks Hellboy!

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2010, 01:36:01 PM »

Stopped in at a Niagara WallyWorld this morning, and they finally had the new Saga Legends figs in - 3 pegs full. I grabbed a Greedo, Bossk and IG-88, as well as a TVC Han. I am now officially done... until the next waves hit, that is. Anyone know how long that might be? I'm hoping my bank account gets enough time to recuperate. Also, a WM sale would be nice too.

If you open up that IG-88, let us know if Hasbro is using the same plastic as the VTSC version (stiff and hard) or the more rubbery plastic as the TLC Lancer droid.  The problem with the VTSC version is that many people reported the stiff plastic actually caused limbs to stick and if you forced it, the limb would snap off entirely  :mad0137:  This is probably why they went with rubbery plastic for the Lancer droid - which didn't suffer that problem, although the softness comes with its own set of issues.
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...

Wedge1021

• Empire
  • Sith Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2010, 02:51:19 PM »

If you open up that IG-88, let us know if Hasbro is using the same plastic as the VTSC version (stiff and hard) or the more rubbery plastic as the TLC Lancer droid.  The problem with the VTSC version is that many people reported the stiff plastic actually caused limbs to stick and if you forced it, the limb would snap off entirely  :mad0137:  This is probably why they went with rubbery plastic for the Lancer droid - which didn't suffer that problem, although the softness comes with its own set of issues.

I haven't been in a big hurry to open packages lately, but since these things are now shipping with stands again, I can go ahead! Just went out to my car and grabbed him... looks like he is made from the rubbery plastic, similar to the Lancer droid (and the CW IG-86 droids too i think?). I don't have a VTSC one to compare to though (thus the reason for picking this one up). But after sitting in the heat of my car for several hours, I'm quite sure he's not made of stiff plastic! Hope that helps!

While I'm writing, just a few comments in review of the figure, and the SL line in general. First thing I noticed: the glue on the new bubbles seem much more forgiving than what they used for TLC bubbles. I usually like to keep the card as intact as possible, and keep the bubble attached at the top, so that I can re-insert the figure for display/storage purposes. This came off quite easily, with almost no tearing of the cardback, so that was nice to see. The figure itself is quite nice. Decent details and accessories, and surprisingly very little warpage seeing as it's made of rubbery plastic (and that's the entire figure - limbs, torso, head, even weapons). Should be a nice way to cap off the recent set of bounty hunters.

One last comment, regarding the slightly misleading tagline "includes secret weapons" - why does Hasbro include these "stock" weapons packs in the Legends figures? Is it really a selling feature? I'd rather have a display stand. Thankfully these are now included, if only for their battle game.

Slizer 26

• Empire
  • Snowtrooper Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2010, 03:30:39 PM »

One last comment, regarding the slightly misleading tagline "includes secret weapons" - why does Hasbro include these "stock" weapons packs in the Legends figures? Is it really a selling feature? I'd rather have a display stand. Thankfully these are now included, if only for their battle game.

I think Hasbro commented on that saying it was for the kids and as it was a primarily kid targeted line, they wanted to give the kids the weapons that they wanted or something to that effect.

On the scouting sides of things, I did find the Darth Vader Voice Changer Helmet at Toys "R" Us in the new blue packageing, along with the Boba Fett helmet. No AT-AT though.

napseeker

• Global Moderator
  • Sith Lord
  • Let loose the figures of clone war!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »

I haven't been in a big hurry to open packages lately, but since these things are now shipping with stands again, I can go ahead! Just went out to my car and grabbed him... looks like he is made from the rubbery plastic, similar to the Lancer droid (and the CW IG-86 droids too i think?). I don't have a VTSC one to compare to though (thus the reason for picking this one up). But after sitting in the heat of my car for several hours, I'm quite sure he's not made of stiff plastic! Hope that helps!

Thanks Wedge, I'm glad they switched over to the softer plastic...
Bring back Star Wars and Marvel SA 3.75" at reasonable prices, Hasbro...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 176   Go Up

Recent

Links

Members
  • Total Members: 2022
  • Latest: MaxRebo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169064
  • Total Topics: 14341
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 406
  • (March 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 63
Total: 64

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 38 queries.